Suicide Squad (2016)

Juvarisx

Florida
It is comical that the "best" DCU movie at least critically is Man of Steel. WB how you fuck up so badly.

Zignor 3_sl

shitlord
Yeah, it's shaping up to be nearly BvS-level bad at least as far as critics' responses. My friends are dragging me to see it on Thursday. At least I can settle in and enjoy the unnecessarily ubiquitous ass cheeks.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I was reading on Neogaf (lol I know I know) that folks are predicting a $140mm opening.

Perhaps we should all just stay home and watch it Monday.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I am sad... I was hoping. Now Wonder Woman is the final straw. If that's fucked up I'm done with DC til they take Snyder and Goyer out back and shoot them.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Will see it Saturday, but yeah, disappointed this isn't some ensemble Deadpool-lite.

spronk

FPS noob
nkPVmGm.gif

also if you have a t-mobile account you can get a free ticket to suicide squad (fandango voucher) on the t-mobile tuesdays app

Last edited:

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Honestly, this looked really good to me until we saw the clips with actual dialogue. In which, this was said.

Will Smith: "Can you translate your good guy talk?"

Then the scene in the chopper where Quinn has an awkward exchange about the perfurme of death and the commander talks about the lady's katana stealing people's souls...Whole scene look stilted and awkward

I know they use "we're the bad guys", but that partly works because there is some inherent sarcasm that is embedded into dialogue people use every day. The above line though indicates some writer took it way too far, or wrote dialogue almost in an insulting way thinking he to appease some neckbeards (As in: God, these kids only like trash, so fuck it, I'll write the guys talking like I think they talk in comics.)..The biggest thing though will be the pacing...Once more, this is another movie that should have come after a few stand alone films, I bet.

I just don't get why DC has such a hard time with this. Shit.

Last edited:

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Because it's made by people who don't care about the material.

Honestly, that Will Smith line does make it seem like that. Maybe I'm off, and judging it by too small a thing, but it came off as what a non-comic book reader THINKS a comic book reader would accept as genuine dialogue (IE Shallow and ridiculous.)

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's sad just how terrible DC movies are.

I guess from what I was reading, it sounded like they had a more serious movie, but then Deadpool did so well so they had a bunch of reshoots to make it more "comedic." Seems as if that failed miserably if true.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Shame, this movie actually looked like it could be a lot of fun, unlike DC's other recent offerings.

Because it's made by people who don't care about the material.

Perhaps that's one of the benefits of Marvel going with directors that have little experience or no huge successes. These are people that have to fight for those jobs so they likely have some investment in the material and a strong desire to do it right. Not that I'm saying David Ayer isn't a good director, but I wonder how much of it was DC/WB pursuing him because they were looking at his previous successes rather than looking for someone who cared about the materiel..

I suppose that'll be one thing to watch with Wonder Woman. Patty Jenkins has mostly just done television directing over the past year, which makes her more comparable to when the Russo Bros. directed Winter Soldier. Might be she's someone who has a lot of passion and desire to be faithful to the material, though I still don't know if the same can be said for the people who are overseeing her.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Will admit I had bought in. Pretty bummed to see how bad this turned in the week of release. I'm probably going to see it this week on blind stupid faith but fuck me for believing.