Summer of 84 (2018)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Summer of 84

Tagline: Every serial killer lives next door to someone.

Genre: Thriller, Mystery, Drama

Director: François Simard, Anouk Whissell, Yoann-Karl Whissell

Cast: Graham Verchere, Judah Lewis, Caleb Emery, Cory Gruter-Andrew, Tiera Skovbye, Rich Sommer, Jason Gray-Stanford, J. Alex Brinson, William MacDonald, Harrison Houde, Mark Brandon, Susie Castillo, Jaiven Natt, Shauna Johannesen, Aren Buchholz, Patrick Lubczyk

Release: 2018-08-10

Runtime: 105

Plot: Summer is usually a time for fun and games, but some teens get much more danger than they bargained for after beginning to suspect their neighbor is a serial murderer.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
So, what, this is just lamer Stranger Things?

Probably still watch it cause I'm a sucker.

• 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
So, what, this is just lamer Stranger Things?

Probably still watch it cause I'm a sucker.
as RLM explained it. it was in production already as Stranger Things came out. its not supernatural its an old fashioned kids solve a possible murder mystery type of story. the ending is going to take you completely by surprise. my only real gripe, (besides how it ended) was some of the dialogue sounds fake. certain things they said werent things people said until much later. like early 2000s i was 13 in 1984 and had a gang of friends, some 15 or 16. none of us talked like that.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
as RLM explained it. it was in production already as Stranger Things came out. its not supernatural its an old fashioned kids solve a possible murder mystery type of story. the ending is going to take you completely by surprise. my only real gripe, (besides how it ended) was some of the dialogue sounds fake. certain things they said werent things people said until much later. like early 2000s i was 13 in 1984 and had a gang of friends, some 15 or 16. none of us talked like that.

You can say that again, no small town kid in '84 was talking like these guys, especially nerds. And I can say that with authority. I'm about halfway through it and I appreciate the effort but these kids talk like they are twenty something douchebags.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You can say that again, no small town kid in '84 was talking like these guys, especially nerds. And I can say that with authority. I'm about halfway through it and I appreciate the effort but these kids talk like they are twenty something douchebags.
early in the movie, when the one kid said he was tired of looking at the dirty magazine, not one kid yelled out FAAAAAAAG! when we hung out half the time we spent calling each other fags. not once in this movie. if you go to actual 80s movies with teens, its the same. thats just one example.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I saw it a few days ago and didn't really like it. It felt like a movie from 20 or 30 years ago and not in the good way. You've got your four kids (the leader, tough kid, fat kid, nerd) and the leader thinks that one of the guys on his paper route, a police officer, is the serial killer that is killing teen boys in the area due to some circumstantial evidence. The kids spy on him, collect more evidence, adults don't believe them, etc. It's just a very standard story. The last act is alright but the film has a 100+ minute run time and is in no hurry to get there. I was pretty bored and was coming up with all kinds of guesses as to what the twist or gimmick would be and by the end I liked my ideas more than what I actually got.

I really like the movie poster. It definitely captures the '80s VHS cover style.

• 1Like
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database