Summer Olympics 2021

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Can some of these medal wins be really counted as American when the athletes hate America and dont consider themselves American?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Can some of these medal wins be really counted as American when the athletes hate America and dont consider themselves American?
It seems like that's only a tiny handful and most of the medal winners are proud Americans honored to represent their country.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hosix

All labs matter!
eaf257a01a3e92ab1a10c7697b8df42a.png

As a fan of track and field. Check out the high school record for shot, 77 feet! That’s by Michael Carter.

Yes football fans…the same guy who played nose tackle in the NFL.

• 2Like

Hosix

All labs matter!

So to counter this….how about all the medals won by athletes in other countries who train in the US?

Fuck off. Train in your own shit hole country.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

elbas

Molten Core Raider
So to counter this….how about all the medals won by athletes in other countries who train in the US?

Fuck off. Train in your own shit hole country.
I like this idea. To compete for a country in the Olympics, you must have spent at least 51% of your time in that country over the past 4 years. Athletic performance is related to the country where they trained, not where they were born.

• 2Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Curious about the total medal count though. How many athletes do we have entered versus say China and ROC?

Don't we all?
amount of competitors

America
rhoid-sians
chyna

tldr
615/333/406

you can count each event for participation but no tally as of yet

• 2Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I like this idea. To compete for a country in the Olympics, you must have spent at least 51% of your time in that country over the past 4 years. Athletic performance is related to the country where they trained, not where they were born.
olympics is fucked up in how they can be represented

remember this bitch?

american and she couldn't make it on the american team, cuz she is basically a "filthy casual" so she tried to make the venezula team, cuz of her mother birthplace. SOMEHOW she failed that but was able to use the birthplace of her grandparents and get on the hungarian team.

• 2Like

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger

The real question is: why do a large number of these athletes live and train exclusively in the US then compete under their home country flag as if any part of their performance can be attributed to that country.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Gable Steveson's win in wrestling was amazing. Worth watching.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
The real question is: why do a large number of these athletes live and train exclusively in the US then compete under their home country flag as if any part of their performance can be attributed to that country.
Because then none of the events would have competitors from more than a half dozen countries. USA/PRC/AU/GB/RU plus 2-3 wildcards where the country happens to specialize. You'd probably get half the ad revenue.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
The Olympics were better when nationality was a better predictor of ethnicity. Was neat when you'd occasionally have an Asian American ice skater or black British runner. But now, having our or France's track team be 90% black.... meh. Should just make them racial/ethnic Olympics these days to get back into the original spirit of the games. Let's see whose genetics reign supreme.

• 2Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 2 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>

As a fan of track and field. Check out the high school record for shot, 77 feet! That’s by Michael Carter.

Yes football fans…the same guy who played nose tackle in the NFL.

LoL. I did shot and discus in HS. I could usually throw a discus further than that. I like watching olympic shot put because I see throws of like 15 and 16 and I'm like, pshh, I could throw the motherfucker 20 feet, where's my medal?

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i think that goes both ways, a lot of our own athletes train in foreign locations with higher altitudes so when they adjust their breathing to it, they have an edge when they come back to a lower altitude

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
i think that goes both ways, a lot of our own athletes train in foreign locations with higher altitudes so when they adjust their breathing to it, they have an edge when they come back to a lower altitude

Not sure if that many of our athletes do that since Colorado Springs has an Olympic training center for high elevation.

Unless you're talking about training in space or something.

• 1Worf

Hosix

All labs matter!

So that is not the same thing. You train at altitude with a goal of a specified race/day. That’s it.

You have sprinters from all over the world that train here. I am sure other sports do as well. But I am more familiar with the track aspect.

At any give time go to IMG in Florida during the day. You will see world class sprinters training from Australia, France, Canada and so on.

Then again…Rocky training in Russia. So you have that point.

• 1Worf