Summoner's War - Sky Arena

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
Fusion Hexagram components Vorph pulled:

Wind Howl - component to make fire joker
Water Cat - final component for water phoenix
Water Griffon - Component for Water Ninja

I've got all the components for the water ninja and fire joker. Just have to level / awaken them. Once those are done I can craft a phoenix. I've definitely seen a drop in work productivity since playing this.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
So this is everybody I've gotten so far, I haven't awakened anyone and the only ones I have evolved are some 2* units. My question is, who should I be focus on to awaken and level?

rrr_img_74924.jpg
rrr_img_74925.jpg

Fiftyfour

Golden Knight of the Realm
CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.

3* Fire Bearman
3* Fire Inferno
4* Fire Bounty Hunter (A)
3* Fire Fairy
3* Fire Golem
3* Water Griffon
3* Wind Martial Cat
3* Wind Mystic Witch
3* Water Martial Cat
3* Fire Fairy
3* Wind Howl (A)
HA! There's a 4* awakened in there.. All mine were 3* pulls.
smile.png

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Worst Phoenix is better than no Phoenix!
Fire Phoenix is an account changer. Seriously, people do not fight me in the arena now and I can kill people easily in the mid 1100s. I went from not being able to maintain 1000 last week to comfortably being in the high 1100s this week.

Also, after accruing all of those mana stones I got lucky enough to get two mystic scrolls from the shop today. This game just seems to give you a ton of reasons to keep playing.

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
Seems like a good time to remind folks to set one of their creatures to be able to be chosen by their friends (likely your most powerful one). You gain social points every time someone uses your creature. You can do this be going into your monster screen, selecting one, and on the Info page for that monster there is a little gear in the lower left corner, push that and select "Set Rep Monster". I'm going to *try* and change mine daily to reflect the daily dungeon type, which of course also spawns those type of hidden dungeons.
Thank you!!!

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Alright, I just recently started playing this ([email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */- add me!). I have a few questions that I didn't see answered in the OP or Reddit links..

First: Is there anything akin to a "godfest" from P&D in this game? Should I only be using mystic scrolls during X timeframe?

Second: What is a good area to farm for crystals, mats, xp, etc. at the lower levels? I've mostly been farming b2 of the hall of magic. Is this a good idea? It seems to occasionally drop mystic scrolls and low essences, which I saw people bitching about. However, the xp and crystals are garbage.

Third: I've been buying legendary runes from my magic shop when they show up. I'm only buying the useful ones, since I seem to be struggling with crystals a bit. Is this a good idea, or are they dropped frequently enough that I'm wasting my money?

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Alright, I just recently started playing this ([email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */- add me!). I have a few questions that I didn't see answered in the OP or Reddit links..

First: Is there anything akin to a "godfest" from P&D in this game? Should I only be using mystic scrolls during X timeframe?

Second: What is a good area to farm for crystals, mats, xp, etc. at the lower levels? I've mostly been farming b2 of the hall of magic. Is this a good idea? It seems to occasionally drop mystic scrolls and low essences, which I saw people bitching about. However, the xp and crystals are garbage.

Third: I've been buying legendary runes from my magic shop when they show up. I'm only buying the useful ones, since I seem to be struggling with crystals a bit. Is this a good idea, or are they dropped frequently enough that I'm wasting my money?
1.) I don't think there has been anything akin to "godfest" in this game yet; so the best bet is to use your mystic scrolls early in hopes of pulling a 4* or 5* monster and don't spend your red crystals on ANYTHING until you can save up enough for the 750 pack that gives you 11 mystic scrolls.

2.) Honestly, crystal farming is pretty rough until you can reliably farm Famion 1, the first stage in the last level of the campaign. I had the same problem with mana early; my best farming spot in the early game was the twin bosses of Kabir Ruins. You focus down the right one first and the left. I was netting 1000+ crystals a run and you can sell the runes you get for more mana.

3.) Don't buy those legendary runes from the shop; the ones the people on the boards are referencing are the 4*, 5*, and 6* ones that you can get at higher levels. Right now you can only see 1 and maybe 2* runes so your best bet is to start trying to find the good 2* early/mid game monsters.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
HA! There's a 4* awakened in there.. All mine were 3* pulls.
smile.png
Yeah, but still... Water E.Priest >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> mediocre fake-4*. Out of that whole list, the only units I'll use at all are the BH (because my current selection of fire units is that bad) and maybe one of the fire fairies if I don't just use them to skill up Elucia. Everything else is evolve-fodder, and the really shitty part is that I can't afford the box space to keep it all while I wait to max out my other 3*'s. Right now I can't even accept the 3 angelmons I got from the 750-pack.
frown.png

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Everything else is evolve-fodder, and the really shitty part is that I can't afford the box space to keep it all while I wait to max out my other 3*'s. Right now I can't even accept the 3 angelmons I got from the 750-pack.
frown.png
If you cannot farm Fam 1 you should try farming Kabir Ruins boss during the double mana event today. It was where I made spending mana in the early game. Hell, try running it outside the event to see if you like the production.

Fiftyfour

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'll have to agree on the Faimon 1 farming. I was never really hurting on mana thanks to that Dungeon event but since I put Faimon 1 on farm I've made about 500k. Another area to try is Garen 1 on hard. You can make between 500-1000 mana per run, and it nets you about 570xp per.

As for mana trouble for the guy just starting out, I always make a point to do my daily challenges. They're fairly easy and net you around 3k and 10 crystals per day.

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
Dropped 30 bucks on the energy + dark scroll + 750 crystal pack. Pulled a dark martial cat. Of the 750 the only monsters of note are 4* fire and wind vampire. For anyone on the fence, IAP aren't really worth it aside from maybe the mana.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
That sucks brah.

I am going after runes for my Fire Inugami. Any suggestions one Fatal/Swift or Energy/Blade? Thanks!

Also, 3* runes are so much better than 1* or 2* it is stunning. I am finally able to farm hell for Energy and Fatal and the difference even at +3 is double.

Edit: Jesus, FUCK, I just got my third shop bought Mystic Scroll in 2 days. I get sort of excited and buy them until I realize that it cost me my whole day of farming during the double mana time. If one of these three doesn't pull a natural 4* then I'm going to angry even though I know it not going to happen.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I almost clicked the 2.1 million mana box button instead of getting 11 scrolls last night, and I sure as hell wish I did that after I saw what I got. That's definitely the only thing I'll be saving crystals for in the future. Seeing what ~$30 worth of crystals turned into ensured that I'll never IAP in this game.

The business model Com2uS uses just seems really off. They make it painfully obvious from the beginning that you'll very likely never get anything good from summoning, which leaves buying crystals for energy refills or for the big mana packs. I can't imagine that's remotely as large a draw as buying crystals for an actual decent shot at a 4* or 5* would be.

----------------

Anyway, 2x mana in Kabir Ruins worked out pretty good. I guess it's about 3200 mana on average doing Hard. Plus I got an elemental for skill up fodder and a 2* rainbow angelmon.

Thinking ahead to what I'll need to evolve my first 5*, do you guys think it's easier to level up a shitty non-awakened 3* or a shitty awakened 2*? I got a couple awakened low elementals from social summons that I don't really know what else to do with.

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
It would take less experience to level the threes, but the twos are worth less overall and are easier to part with.

ohmgee_sl

shitlord
So this is everybody I've gotten so far, I haven't awakened anyone and the only ones I have evolved are some 2* units. My question is, who should I be focus on to awaken and level?
This is what i look at normally to try and figure out whats decent

http://forum.com2us.com/forum/main-f...build-included

Or this rough guide from SA

I think splitting ranking is a mistake in general, because with one notable exception (Water Imp), just about anything that's good for Dungeons is good for Arena Offense/Defense as well.

SUPER ROUGH LIST OF THINGS WORTH KEEPING (Unknown Scroll Edition):

Fire:
Yeti - Good PvE tank, can do a decent Ramagos impression against certain single Wind mobs.
Hellhound- One of the best buffers in the game. +Atk/Crit is a huge offensive boon and a big part of Giants farming for many players.
Harpu - Good all-around utility unit, with an anti-healing debuff and a heal+attack boost.
Fairy- Great AoE for a low* unit, with CC potential on turns where her main AoE is down.
Inugami- The game's premier single target shitwrecker. Very few units have the one-turn damage potential of Raoq, even if it's very RNG-dependent.
Werewolf - Tanky, I guess? He's probably the weakest fire unit listed here, though he's very difficult to kill with healing backup in a Wind/Water dungeon.
Viking - Offensive dispeller. Not fantastic, but there aren't many units that can do what he does.
Grim Reaper - Provides an attack leader bonus while awakened, and Living Hell is a strong AoE with a lengthy anti-healing debuff.
Living Armor - A tank that gets to double-dip Defense -> HP at a 4:1 ratio. Both of his abilities scale off of Defense and are quite useful. A strong contender for best 3* Fire tank.

Water:
Imp- Basically like this. Required for most schemes that clear Giants B7-10.
Howl- Consummate pure healer. Absolutely no offensive pressure, but two great %-based heals and increased speed when he's not healing.
Garuda - No personal experience, but Resurge is a powerful tool & it has a full team dispel, so it's good enough to look at.
Fairy- Great arena unit, offensively & defensively. One of the few units with a power-based heal worth a damn.
Amazon - Good AoE that can steal out a decent number of wins.
Inferno - Adrenaline is a very good skill for Giants 7-10 if you have access to it, but Infernos are slow.
Epikon Priest - The single most annoying defensive unit in the game. Not the best, but the most annoying. Does absolutely nothing.
Werewolf - decent support unit, sorta meh like fire WW
Mystic Witch- Excellent PvP / PvE support unit, but sort of weak on her own. The best 3* and lower buffer, by a decent margin.
Bounty Hunter - High burst potential + speed boost. Above average Water single target attacker, with Raoq-style burst potential.
Grim Reaper - Decent Water attacker, with a guaranteed stun and a +Attack leader skill. Very slow, though.
Living Armor - Above average defensive unit, with a passive that makes him situationally incredible for certain monsters and Secret Dungeons. Something like Water Imp has a really hard time actually taking a Def-runed Nickel out.

Wind:
Imp- Ralph does entirely too much damage, and will 1-shot equivalent units for a loooooooooong time. That's all he's good for, though, because he makes Hellhounds look like Rina as far as defensive stats go.
Pixie - Probably the second best "free" support unit. Pep Talk and Decelerate combine to give her great supporting potential, but not much to speak for on offense. Her greatest weakness is being the same element as Ramagos.
Yeti - Solid healer for Secret Dungeons, with good support skills. Has the same problem as Pixie in that Ramagos can't effectively tank for him, but he can be very strong in PvE and Arena in stall comps.
Warbear- Get one. Even if you pull a natural 5* unit, there's a good chance that Ramagos will be your best monster until you've awakened it. Ramagos is unreal powerful and can solo a huge chunk of the game's content with good runes, and he's one of the best Arena offense monsters in the entire game to boot. Clean Shot can easily clear 15k damage even at 5* level, and Crouch as a followup makes it a reliable nuke.
Griffon - Great +Speed support unit, with decent offensive capabilities. I don't have much experience with this unit, except that the Wind Griffon teams in Hard/Hell Tamor held me up longer than almost anywhere else in the entire game.
Epikon Priest - Eh. Worst Epikon priest. On the right team, Soul Revival can be obnoxious, but I don't really know why you'd want to use her over other options. Don't trash her, though, because you need her for Chloe skillups.
Magical Archer - ??? No personal experience, i've heard she's quite strong though. Good +Attack leader skill.
Living Armor- Can apparently solo Dragon Keeps once you get him super kitted out. No idea how that works, but that seems pretty good.

Bold means extra good.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I keep spending mana in the Magic Shop on runes or monsters to skill up my guys. Holding onto mana seems so hard heh

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
Derpa -

I would recommend working on upgrading the following;
Wind imp
Water grim
Red joker
Blue witch (arena)
Wind war bear (arena)
Both hellhounds (my blue one crits for 10k)
Wind pixie
Water howl
Water imp

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Late response, but thanks for the tips, everybody. Made it to 16 and have a few 4*. Tag = Balzmir if anyone wants to send an invite - I don't have any friends yet!