Super Mario Bros. (2022)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

gauze

Molten Core Raider
3.60 star(s) Rating: 3.60/5 5 Votes
Title: Super Mario Bros. (2022)

Genre: Adventure, Comedy, Animation, Family

Director: Michael Jelenic, Aaron Horvath

Cast: Chris Pratt, Charlie Day, Anya Taylor-Joy, Jack Black, Keegan-Michael Key, Seth Rogen, Fred Armisen, Kevin Michael Richardson, Sebastian Maniscalco, Charles Martinet

Release: 2022-12-21

Plot: A plumber named Mario travels through an underground labyrinth with his brother, Luigi, trying to save a captured princess. Feature film adaptation of the popular video game.

spronk

FPS noob
i have a feeling the 1993 movie will be looked upon as the better one

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I was excited about this until I saw it was animated. A new live action would be great.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
after all these years, who is still demanding to see a Mario Brothers movie? i rather see a Dragon Warrior or Gauntlet movie. of course we all would want an Everquest movie more than anything.

• 1Picard
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 5 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
after all these years, who is still demanding to see a Mario Brothers movie? i rather see a Dragon Warrior or Gauntlet movie. of course we all would want an Everquest movie more than anything.
Mario is still a gigantic franchise with huge games being made and tons of kids playing then. Most people don't even know what the fuck dragon warrior or gauntlet is.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Mario is still a gigantic franchise with huge games being made and tons of kids playing then. Most people don't even know what the fuck dragon warrior or gauntlet is.
i dont care what stupid kids like, i got my nerd fix from Dragon Warrior and Gauntlet. they have cool backstories.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
i dont care what stupid kids like, i got my nerd fix from Dragon Warrior and Gauntlet. they have cool backstories.
Yeah, that's fine, but it explains why there's a demand and an interest in this movie. It's not like Mario is a dead franchise.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah, that's fine, but it explains why there's a demand and an interest in this movie. It's not like Mario is a dead franchise.
yeah, but they did movies and TV shows already. the TV show with Captain Lou was great. the movie with Bob Hoskins was terrible. with Mario, there really isnt anything there. Jump Man just jumps around and he's a plumber. somehow that translates into flying around in a tanooki suit while shooting fireballs to save princesses who live in other castles.

• 1Garbage

spronk

FPS noob
oh I thought this was live action, seeing Chris Pratt, the chick from Queens Gambit, and Charlie Day fighting goombas and eating shrooms on screen woulda been hilarious

Animated should be fine, especially if its made in japan. will do crazy in theaters, I think its supposed to open the same weekend as Avatar 2 and and Aquaman 2, be interesting to see if any of the 3 blink. All 3 basically are chasing the same audiences.

• 3Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
I saw twitter in an uprage about Chris Pratt and I agreed until they left out the part where this is animated. I'm sure there's better choices, but he did really well in Lego Movie. Charlie Day as Luigi is a fucking slam dunk though for sure.

• 1Solidarity

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Seth Rogan and Jack black.. Oof

• 1Garbage
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database