Super People (PUBG meets Arche Type BRS)

Xevy

Log Wizard

Been playing last few hours in the closed beta (sign up at GeeGee.net) and it's pretty fun. It's basically PUBG assets and gunplay, but with an Apex/Realm Royale twist. Also the class choice is mostly random so you can't just hero spam without draining your funny money bank account.

If you like Apex, you'll like it. If you like PUBG, you'll like it. If you want a slow paced tactical game, you probably won't. People can jump 200 feet in the air, run 200mph, spit fireballs, and drop tactical nukes on you. If you like PUBG guns and a more festive/arcadey FREE 2 PLAY BR, this is a winner.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
This game is really solid. Looks nice, runs well, good hybrid of other games within the BattleRoyale genre.

pwe

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
In Steam you can click 'Request access' to get access when they need more people for testing. I clicked it, and got access right away. Downloading now.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
It seems like all the PUBG streamers have moved over to this. The very very little I've watched it looks a lot like PUBG

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
It seems like all the PUBG streamers have moved over to this. The very very little I've watched it looks a lot like PUBG

Graphics, guns and inventory handling are very pubg. But it has the class abilities, leveling and gear building that leads to a more interesting late game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>

A stable PUBG?

Shocked GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Ring of Elysium was a stable PUBG that I really enjoyed, I'm sad it didnt' take off. I loved the personal vehicle/travel system things.
Yeah, I LOVED the travel items and vehicles in Ring as well. Problem I had with Ring is the amount of cheaters was off the charts - a problem that plagues pretty much all modern FPS', except Valorant.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
I wish they had a training range. Having not played PUBG since 2019 I have like 0 muscle memory for these weapons so my SKS lead is way off and my recoil control on anything besides SMGs/M4's is dogshit. Game is definitely fun, but I think solo mode is kind of a wash. Getting something like a gas soldier versus a sniper 1v1 is no bueno. Having a X40 do 250 damage base in a single shot is just silly. I headshot some guy with a blue helmet and still did something like 276 damage.

Squad play is very fun when you synergize though. We were getting rushed after a revive so I Tactical Force Fielded the guys (slowing them) while my teammate nuked our position and we only had one of us get out, but the other team got sploded real nice. Driver in Squads is the biggest bully of them all. The hardest counter to him is a flame thrower or RPG, but otherwise those dudes are omega dangerous.

HOWEVER, certain classes are completely depedent on getting their 'alternate' ability.

Shotgun Master? I hope you have jump! Lvl 19 and don't have it? You're worthless!
Strike Force? Sure hope you've got Air Walk or you're basically every other soldier with a sprint button every 50 seconds.
Driver? If you can't jump out of your car at full speed and take 0 dmage, you're just a VERY LOUD flanker!

I think class balance outside of Solos is pretty good. There's only one or two classes I tend to reroll off of (Swat, Marine) and they're not even that bad, they're just not that fun to me. Marine can be good with some smoke stuffs and silencers give him 30% more damage, but I rarely get silencers and never run them on my AR's. Swat has a bunch of Indoor bullshit (7% more damage? WOW!) that doesn't seem to matter 90% of the time. His Blackout is good, but has a ramp up time which can be annoying and FUCKS your team as they can't see anything either.

Overall definitely worth paying 0 dollars for! Have seen some cheaters, but I'm not sure how many as certain classes get radar and stuff so it's hard to tell if they're using ESP/toggles or you're just livemarked or something. If you like PUBG guns and don't mind Apex Heroes (with more variety) then this is a good game to try out.

Xevy

Log Wizard
New hack I experienced today: dude switched on invincibility. Literally just turned something on and damage no longer effected him. The server logged it too, so I did like 340 damage in one fight to this guy, but in the kill cam he has 111hp the entire fight as I unload an entire SA-12K then an M4 into him. The headshot dinks really sealing the deal.

Also ran into an aimbotter tonight, but I get almost one of those a day probably if I play long enough. Pretty sure with the same sourcecode and asset they just 1:1 port over the already established PUBG hacks.

Xevy

Log Wizard
CBT closed today and the game is on ice until they figure out what they're doing for "official" launch. Definitely in a release state. Hopefully they make it 15 or 20 dollars to counter a lot of the cheaters as it's the same source code as PUBG so there's already a billion free cheats. They kept fucking around with playlist size from single/duo/squad to single/trio and now they've ended up with single/duo/squad again as most people seemed to favor it. This game will never, ever be balanced for single player queue as it's very rock paper scissors with class combos and some classes are just better straight up 1v1 than others. Duos is a nice balance so you can use each others playstyles and skills for more mixed and tactical gameplay. Squads is just a shit show for the most part, but the chaos is often pretty fun. With the very unpunishing revive mechanic if 3/4 of you get merced early you can rat it out for a while and pretty quickly get your team back up and going, which is nice for Panicky Petes who can't fight until they're all T4 gear with "their" weapon and "their" attachments.

Overall hopefully they get some fucking PR going so it's got a big playerbase, but it should be a really fun BR for people who like Apex and PUBG.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Last beta is up for 2 weeks. If you like PUBG you MIGHT like this. Class/Ult system similar to Apex though, but with better overall gun balance.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I watched Taimou in the euro tourney today, then later pons in the US. I had never clicked on this thread because the title sounded like some kind of superhero garbage. Game is good to watch.

US tourney is in group stage 2 right now.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
People get REALLY campy turtly when money is on the line

They need to add some kind of kill factor

Xevy

Log Wizard
There's points for kills in the early qualifiers, but a 1st place allegedly guarantees you're in. After you're in the official tourney it's all placement which is dogshit. A point system would be way better, especially when it's a hand-selected tourney and not a pub stomp. As it stands now it's as bad as Ranked Apex which is just "Kill first team, hide until top 3, and then third party." Apex tried to shake it up by making no diminishing returns on kills for points but then people started kill trading and rezzing and all sorts of weird shit. The fights would be pretty fun to watch, but probably one of the most stressful situations to be in when 5-6 teams are all attacking each other constantly.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I watched EU and NA tourneys again. The more they ran around the more stuff I recognized. I think they straight up lifted assets right out of farm simulator and just sandpapered off the brand names. Is this chinese made?

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Probably similar to Ring of Elysium and PUBG, both were owned by the same company and I feel that RoE had better combat but almost all of the best ideas from RoE are now in PUBG. Seems like a similar rip of all the Battle Royale ideas that work best.

Xevy

Log Wizard
The devs for GeeGee are former Devs for PUBG and all the assets are from PUBG. Basically it's like PUBG's more eccentric twin brother.