Surgeries and what to expect/ask/consider

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I injured my knee playing hockey 2 years ago pretty badly but never bothered going to a doctor since I had no insurance aside from what the rink offered: you pay to get fixed, we reimburse you. The pain for the first few months was 9/10 and ever since has been a constant 7/10. About a year ago I landed a job with great benefits and have been thinking about going to a doctor and seeing if surgery was the right path. Now January is when my work slows down and was when I wanted to get this done. However, I'm facing a furlough at the start of the year and my insurance runs out after 30 days of not working. Basically, should I even bother with doctor visits if I'll be shit out of luck after January? Yes I can take medical leave while I'm actively employed but it seriously cuts into my income.
Jesus, get your knee fixed. It's entirely possibly that it's your only meniscus. Unless they try to repair it, which is a six-month recovery a la ACL, you'll be walking comfortably within a few days and back to full sports activity within 4-6 weeks if you do your rehab. If you have any kind of desk job there's no reason you'd have to take more than a couple days off.

I've had four meniscus surgeries and my only regret is waiting so long on the first one that the knee significantly degraded, hurt like a motherfucker all the time, and gave me a lot of trouble day-to-day. As a result, the tear was big enough that they wanted to repair it rather than leave me with zero meniscus at 30. I pulled the trigger a lot earlier on the subsequent injuries and they were pieces of cake. I didn't even need to take pain meds.

tldr; Go see an orthopedist, dumbass.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
So, the spoiler code is working. If you have a weak stomach, probably not a good idea to see it.

9iKpR.jpg

5ZM36.jpg

AbUda.jpg

Bilateral, quadruple compartment fasciotiomy.

9iKpR.jpg

5ZM36.jpg

AbUda.jpg