Survivor

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
JFC, Ken is a dumbass.

Holy fuck at that TC though. It ends up being a misplay for Adam because it was 4 for Hannah and 5 for Zeke. Hard to fault him though because that side was really on the outs if that vote didn't go there way.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I don't know if I can remember a season with better gameplay. This is literally the first season in probably the last 10 or so where I can see about 5 different people winning.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't know if I can remember a season with better gameplay. This is literally the first season in probably the last 10 or so where I can see about 5 different people winning.
Really? This week was some epic bad gameplay.

Will fucked over his own game by flipping when he did (and how he did).

Ken then fucked up his own game by doing whatever the fuck that was.

And Adam wasted his idol on someone else; which was made even worse by the fact that it was unnecessary. I'd argue that even if Will hadn't flipped, it'd still be better to keep the idol for yourself. The alliance is obviously fractured, and Survivor is known for stuff like that to happen, especially towards the end (because no one is going to want to go up against Zeke still). He was guaranteed top 6 with his idol, and more than likely with Will and Ken's terrible decisions this week, top 5.

The more seasons of Survivor we get, the more it seems people overplay. We get people voting out strong members in the first week because they don't want to sit next to them at the end, meanwhile they get dominated in challenges, and then we get retarded shit like "resume building" when it's probably not necessary.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Welp, now that zeke is out my wife and I are struggling on figuring out who to root for. Damnit.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Funniest part is that Will still voted for Zeke, and Adam is going to get all the glory for playing the idol correctly.

I liked Zeke until an episode or two ago when he started acting like a doucher for no real reason.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think that was Zeke playing up to David's neurotic weakness, personally. Like that whole thing Bret and Zeke did at the tribal was to rattle David to the point of making him screw up. Shitty? Yes. But no more shitty than the lying, backstabbing, and complete betrayal that seems to be not only celebrated, but encouraged in this game.

Will just showed why everyone didn't take him seriously, because he IS an 18 year old kid who doesn't have the maturity to handle situations. However, I do think Adam playing the idol was the right move in the moment. They had no idea what will was going to do, and I'm not going to let my fate ride on an 18 year old waffling. Ken's move was bad as well, although, I have to wonder if he was thinking that would cause discord in the opposing alliance to the point that they would want to move against Will, and then Ken would rally his side to to the same. His just walking away after stirring the shit made me think so.

I do agree that I love this season, and it's been the most entertaining for me in a long time. I don't have any one player that I hate, and I like watching them play this out. Are bad moves made? Yep, there are. But this idea that people will pull off flawless games in the midst of great personality clashes piled on top of the already existing layer of physical adversity of starvation and sleep deprivation is kind of crazy. Yes, players have dominated, but it was because they won the survivor lottery and were surrounded by idiots or sheep (Boston Rob being the prime example).

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
This is a great season. It's all new players but they're playing like it's an all star season. Zeke and David probably screwed themselves by going after each other so hard. It was weird because they actually voted together on the episode before they started trying to get each other. I think Dave and Zeke were definitely both going after their war just because you put a huge target on both of you by going around telling everyone that they're the biggest threat but Will grabbing the spotlight may have saved David.

There's no bigger tell on survivor than someone making a smug confessional at the beginning of the episode. Zeke telling the camera that he was going to be final 5 and probably win the game and then adding on that "I'll be equally happy to win as I will be for David to lose" is just retarded and I knew from that point on that Zeke was probably going home. I'm not complaining though, because there is nothing better in survivor than somebody getting all smug and then going home at the next tribal. No matter how many times it happens, it's always great.

That was some dumb ass shit by Ken. I don't know WTF he was thinking going to Jay. Some people just freak out when they find out that they're being targeted. I thought Ken was more cool than that but he did a terrible job handling Will and then he really deserved to go home for blowing up the secret blindside.

Will's big move to show that he's a big boy was really pretty childish and I think it really lowered his chances of making it to the end. He was correct that he wasn't going to get any votes if he made it to the end, but this hamfisted move isn't going to get him much credit even though he was trying so hard for that. I thought David's analogy about "Will just got his driver's license and we're all sitting terrified in the back seat wondering what he's going to do" was pretty damn funny. Ken blowing shit up on him didn't help, but I think all he really managed to do with this move is put a target on his back and him saying "I'm in control now" in the preview of next week does not bode well for him.

I actually think that Jay is in a pretty good spot right now. No one is really mad at him, his name hasn't been written down or even brought up in weeks, he's good in challenges, and obviously made some major brownie points with Adam this week. I don't know if he can win, but he has a pretty good path to the final in my mind.

The family visit thing always blows my mind. I can't imagine freaking out that much over seeing a relative after only 30 days. I used to see my family 3 times a year or less and nobody ever broke down crying when they saw me. It must be some kind of psychological thing on Survivor because it happens every season.

I don't know if it was the right move or not for Adam to play his idol. The alliances are really not tight at all this season so it's kind of amazing how many idols have been played on other people. It did make Zeke's comeuppance that much sweeter to know that if Will hadn't beaten him, Adam would have. I do think he made a good move giving that useless advantage to Jay. If Jay is smart he won't use it either. I said when the advantage was first revealed was that the only effective way to use it is to give it to someone.

I'm not sure who I'm rooting for now. I don't hate anyone really so I'm just enjoying watching it play out and I have no idea who's going to win.

Last edited:

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
The family visit thing always blows my mind. I can't imagine freaking out that much over seeing a relative after only 30 days. I used to see my family 3 times a year or less and nobody ever broke down crying when they saw me. It must be some kind of psychological thing on Survivor because it happens every season.

I always roll my eyes too. Maybe it's because I'm in the military and have had to go months upon months without seeing my family. Their reactions always feel so over the top.

I'm not sure who I'm rooting for now. I don't hate anyone really so I'm just enjoying watching it play out and I have no idea who's going to win.

I'm in the same boat. I actually like just about everyone and think they've played okay games, and can just enjoy the show instead of worry about someone 'undeserving' win.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, I did 3 deployments to Iraq, and even at the end of them I didn't act as insane as these people do to see, say, their sister. But maybe the malnutrition and lack of sleep really makes you emotional or something?

I agree about Jay. I think he's in a really good spot to win right now. He's also got a decent amount of jury pull right now. I kind of notice a trend where being in an alliance that gets decimated but being the last man standing is kind of a good place to go to win. You fly under the radar as the rest of the tribe starts cannibalizing itself, and you're not deemed a threat because you're the one who was on the bottom for so long.

At this point I think Sunday, Bret, and Jay are the only ones with a shot to win it. Hannah is too paranoid and won't make a good finals speech, David likely won't make it, Will and Ken both shot themselves in the back of the head, and Adam made too many enemies early (although I think he might be okay if he sits next to two week players like Hannah and Will at the end).

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Fuck it, If Hannah is there at the end I want her to win now. lol

David should be gone.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sunday seems like a strange choice. If anything, David and Ken should go after Adam. Although maybe they don't know how badly he's gunning for him.

I kept trying to mind-meld with Jay to tell him not to play his idol. Just based on numbers, it didn't make sense to split a vote for him right now. Not sure why Adam didn't realize that, but everyone else apparently did.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Pretty boring episode but I'm sure that's why they chose to do these two as a double. Will was a pretty easy vote. When people see you acting all chaotic and wanting to get out the people you voted with the previous tribal they just know they can't trust you at all and you're going to go.

Adam has had a couple good episodes but I don't know where he stands now.

Ken/David/Hannah is looking like it's going to be a tough nut to crack. I think Hannah knows she needs to vote out David before the end but I don't know if she's going to have the balls to do it. The whole idea of "we need to vote out Sunday because she's an appealing goat" is a weird strategy. I guess Hannah wants to be the appealing goat? Kind of a cop out not going for Dave and I don't know if Ken is ever going to vote for David now that we've heard his honor gibberish.

Jay was clearly not as under the radar as I thought he was and I now that his idol is gone I think he is next if he doesn't win immunity. It's a no-brainer because he doesn't have one friend left and his boot will be something everyone can agree on vs. David who is going to divide people.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'd imagine if they don't get rid of Ken or Dave at the next tribal, one of them probably ends up at final tribal and wins.

That said, this is the first time where I could see anyone winning. Hannah is probably the weakest, but she's not really a long shot. Bret is also playing a relatively low key game where he could sneak in and win.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
I think Jay's only move is to get Adam and Bret and the three of them try to flip Hannah to vote for David. If they can convince her that they are 100% voting Dave and willing to go to rocks over it I could see her flipping. On the other hand, Adam and Bret would have to be totally terrified of the Hannah/David/Ken alliance to do that vs. just taking the easy road and voting out Jay.

With a Hannah, Adam, Bret finale though, I could see any of them winning. I don't think any of them beat David or Jay though. If I was Hannah though, I would rather sit next to Ken and Bret than Adam.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think Adam or Jay are going to win, based on how the edits they've gotten.

I do have to say that their relationship has been one of the most interesting we've ever seen in Survivor.

Pumpkin Thief

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I was hoping for Ken but I guess I can see a solid case for Adam winning given the existing 3 that were left. Like him or not, the guy was all over the place scheming, making moves, talking to people and weasel-hustling the entire game. I didn't care for him whining about his sick mother as much as he did. Fucking assume that everyone has sick family, or personal reasons they could use the money just as much as you. But hey, whatever works I guess.

Very fun season! Great players, no major gimmicks and best of all, no goddamn fucking celebrities.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've got to say, David's fake idol was fucking masterful.

And if I were on the jury, I'm not sure I could have voted for Hannah after voting out Bret over David. It worked out, but was a terrible move.

I was pretty neutral between Ken and Adam. I think Ken should have played up his idol wins more. That, and when he was asked about turning on David, say that it's a fucking game and his trust isn't cheapened by that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, the more the season, and especially these last two episodes went, the more I really didn't like Adam as much. I think Ken deserved the win over Adam, because even if he didn't make all the social moves, he played his ass off on the physical side.

No matter what though, it was a great season. Looking forward to the next one!

Edit:
I've got to say, David's fake idol was fucking masterful.

Holy shit yes! That was awesome