Sweden

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Alright I got a ticket to Stockholm for 450 bucks round trip in July. I have nothing planned. I want to do a Viking tour and just chill. Anyone ever been to Sweden and have any recommendations? I'll be there 10 days and super flexible.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Izo

Tranny Chaser
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
viking tour, i guess that means going to the viking city ruins at Birka (there's a ferry that takes about 2 hours to get to the island), there's the royal castle and the old town nearby, and then there's the djurgården area of stockholm with a zoo, amusement park, park, a few different museums (the vasa ship museum, the nordic museum and others)

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Woffer

Lord Nagafen Raider
Not Viking related but if in Stockholm you should (As Reavor mentioned) absolutely go to....

Birka is cool but wasted if you do not go on the guided tour since there aren't any ruins per say, mostly just grave hills and left over earthworks. The guides are engaging and fun though and fill in all the holes. Just the trip over can be fun on its own if the weather is nice as well. It is 2 hours one way though if you take the one that goes from Stockholm so bring a friend.

Would you want to explore outside Stockholm as well? Are you renting a car or sticking with public transports?

As a good to know, there is a travel ban currently on non schengen/eu citizens. This is in effect until June 15th. It is not impossible this could be extended by an additional 30 days (They've done this once already).

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Also make sure to watch the movie Midsommer before you go. I have never been to Sweden but after watching that movie I feel like I really understand the history and culture.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Not Viking related but if in Stockholm you should (As Reavor mentioned) absolutely go to....

Birka is cool but wasted if you do not go on the guided tour since there aren't any ruins per say, mostly just grave hills and left over earthworks. The guides are engaging and fun though and fill in all the holes. Just the trip over can be fun on its own if the weather is nice as well. It is 2 hours one way though if you take the one that goes from Stockholm so bring a friend.

Would you want to explore outside Stockholm as well? Are you renting a car or sticking with public transports?

As a good to know, there is a travel ban currently on non schengen/eu citizens. This is in effect until June 15th. It is not impossible this could be extended by an additional 30 days (They've done this once already).
I can rent a car or use public transport. I'd rather use the public. I'm really down to go anywhere because it's a cheap ass vacation.

Siliconemelons

I think Volvo is the only case where Chinese co buys a foreign company, and says and actually does "keep doing your thing, just make us money"

Volvo now is 100x better than when it was shadow funded and platform borrowing Ford.