Sweet Mary Mother of God! A Shadowgate Remake. Why am I not told these things?!

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Shadowgate on Steam

Perusing Gamespot this morning checking out random news and all of a sudden I see a Shadowgate Review.

Wait... what? No. The original Shadowgate? The point / click Shadowgate? That I played on a Mac SE??? Along with Uninvited, Deja Vu, and Deja Vu II????

YES!

If you are an old timer like me, you remember this game. If not, you basically go through a haunted castle (With fantastic atmosphere) and solve puzzles like any other point and click adventure with various combinations to solve puzzles and pick up objects. The game itself has a very eerie undertone, and quite honestly is one of the best games I had ever played back in 1988/89. Looks like it was a kickstarter of some sort, and may have even been around in early access for a while, but this thing flew completely under my radar.

Vitality

HUSTLE
rrr_img_74246.jpg

I played Kings Quest (Sierra) - I remember finding a "Hole in the Wall" item and having no idea what to do with it.

Do I count as an old timer?

asocirev_sl

shitlord
Played this on the NES, never finished it cause I was 11 and didn't know what the fuck I was doing...the banshee(?) scared the shit out of me the first time. according to Wikipedia they kickstarted $130k and will be adding an item and quest that was cut from original release... Seems like a lot of dough for so nostalgia

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
Thanks for the reminder. I remember reading something about this a while back, but had forgotten about it. I loved me some Shadowgate. Never really played Deja Vu or The Uninvited, though.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Played all of these games on NES with my best friend when we were kids. Good memories, but this looks like just a "remake" and not an actual new game? Is it the same puzzles, etc?

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Played all of these games on NES with my best friend when we were kids. Good memories, but this looks like just a "remake" and not an actual new game? Is it the same puzzles, etc?
Reading the reviews it sounds like they changed the puzzles up some, how much, I don't know, but someone said you will die. There are apparently also a couple of new rooms. It is mostly a remake though, yes.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's worth the money. If you liked the originals you'll love this game.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
One of the rare CRPG's I never played. Loved Ultima, Wizardry, Bards Tale, Might and Magic, etc...

Only time I ever got to play this was at my cousins house in Philly. Guess they never made it for IBM's. Speaking of remakes, I'd really like to see Magic Candle redone.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Damn I wish this game was out for my iPad. That would be awesome. Still, looks like a must-buy from my point of view.

Cybsled

I always loved the details Shadowgate went into when you purposely killed your character

Use sword > on self
Jump > into lava
Drink > Fountain...surprise, IT'S ACID!

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Flash sale just started on steam, game is only 5 bucks for the next 11 hours.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Maybe you aren't told these things because half the front page of Other Games is taken up by Phone apps

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I count 3 phone games out of 25 threads on the front page. C'mon now...

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Shitty pokefag esque ones at that?
I'm down for a good phone game, but they all seem to have the same vein of comments; "I had to reroll 75 times and re-watch the intro each time, but I got Uber_Class_Skill_perfect_character!"

I never got to play Shadowgate, but I loved the hell out of the old Commodore 64 adventure games (Mindshadow, The Tracer Sanction, etc)