SWG Emulators

• Guest, do you have a hole in your podcast listening list? Our very own Seananigans will be broadcasting this Saturday 7/27 at 3:30pm Central

Go into the FoH discord and find the Happy Time Fun Hour channel and give it a listen!

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Wanting to play this - haven't since about six months after it launched. Struggling to find info on what server to play on and how many characters you're allowed per account. I don't think any server allows two accounts ? Mainly interested in harvesting and crafting but I guess I'd be better off starting a combat character first ?

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Wanting to play this - haven't since about six months after it launched. Struggling to find info on what server to play on and how many characters you're allowed per account. I don't think any server allows two accounts ? Mainly interested in harvesting and crafting but I guess I'd be better off starting a combat character first ?
Everything is listed on this page

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I fired this up again the other day and had the usual return-to-mmo feelings:

th-181147706.jpg

My house was condemned so I payed up to get back in and did some piloting to build up some cash.

I had a bunch of resource waypoints on my crafter and it hit me later that I must have had a second account. I checked and sure enough I did. They have a restriction where you can only run an account from a single machine, so I booted my server machine into windows to fire it up.

I wanted to see if I had a bunch of harvesters on fire or whatever.

Between now and the last time I played they've updated the patcher alot and it no longer works with windows below 10. My server machine (which hasn't been in windows in years) has 8.1 so it wouldn't let me launch the launcher after patching it up.

Usually these kinds of compatability quirks are total bullshit. Debugging I saw that the first issue I hit was the old VirtualAlloc kernel call was renamed in 10, as far as I can tell purely to pull an apple and force people to upgrade, but there were other problems after that.

So I booted back to linux and tried running it under wine but didn't have much luck. It did login though. It got really hot and I didn't want to have the server on so I started working on the wine thing on my main machine.

Eventually got it working but the login attempts on the different OS's made someone suspicious so they flagged my account for "verification". I looked at it, and it's some crazy photo ID verification thing using stripe.

That seems a bit... excessive for an emulator server :emoji_laughing: