Swiss Army Man (2016)

elidib

Vyemm Raider
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Swiss Army Man

Tagline: We all need somebody to lean on.

Genre: Comedy, Drama, Romance, Fantasy, Adventure

Director: Dan Kwan, Daniel Scheinert

Cast: Paul Dano, Daniel Radcliffe, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Timothy Eulich, Shane Carruth, Richard Gross, Marika Casteel, Antonia Ribero, Andy Hull, Aaron Marshall, Jessica Harbeck

Release: 2016-06-24

Runtime: 97

Plot: Alone on a tiny deserted island, Hank has given up all hope of ever making it home again. But one day everything changes when a dead body washes ashore, and he soon realizes it may be his last opportunity to escape certain death. Armed with his new “friend” and an unusual bag of tricks, the duo go on an epic adventure to bring Hank back to the woman of his dreams.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
[CONTAINER][POSTER]View attachment 93599[/POSTER][MOVIE]Title: Swiss Army Man (2016)

Genre: [GENRE]Comedy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Romance[/GENRE], [GENRE]Fantasy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Dan Kwan[/DIRECTOR], [DIRECTOR]Daniel Scheinert[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Paul Dano[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Daniel Radcliffe[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Mary Elizabeth Winstead[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Timothy Eulich[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Shane Carruth[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Richard Gross[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Marika Casteel[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Antonia Ribero[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Andy Hull[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Aaron Marshall[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jessica Harbeck[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2016-06-24[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]95[/RUNTIME]

Plot: Alone on a tiny deserted island, Hank has given up all hope of ever making it home again. But one day everything changes when a dead body washes ashore, and he soon realizes it may be his last opportunity to escape certain death. Armed with his new “friend” and an unusual bag of tricks, the duo go on an epic adventure to bring Hank back to the woman of his dreams.[/MOVIE][/CONTAINER]

This looks... interesting? It's one I'll have to see to make up my mind on.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
9BdJz7b4WdJul0KVu42YFEgqzyp.jpg

Title: Swiss Army Man

Genre: Comedy, Drama, Romance, Fantasy, Adventure

Director: Dan Kwan, Daniel Scheinert

Cast: Paul Dano, Daniel Radcliffe, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Timothy Eulich, Shane Carruth, Richard Gross, Marika Casteel, Antonia Ribero, Andy Hull, Aaron Marshall, Jessica Harbeck

Release: 2016-06-24

Runtime: 97

Plot: Alone on a tiny deserted island, Hank has given up all hope of ever making it home again. But one day everything changes when a dead body washes ashore, and he soon realizes it may be his last opportunity to escape certain death. Armed with his new “friend” and an unusual bag of tricks, the duo go on an epic adventure to bring Hank back to the woman of his dreams.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Done by the same guys who did the "Turn Down for What" music video, hard to hate on Dano or Radcliffe so looks good to me.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Looks like something I'd rent and then get bored of roughly 27 minutes into it.

Szlia

Where did I see that guy using another guy as surf board before? (EDIT: other than Jushin Thunder Liger of course!)

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This looks like some artsy people sat in a room getting REALLY high talking about how "it all means something"

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Bumping this as I saw it today. Fantastic movie from start to finish. Definitely better than I expected.

Szlia

It was in competition at theNIFFF(Neuchatel International Fantasy Film Festival) last week and it won the public prize, the international critics prize and a production design prize. Almost a sweep! It could not win the best european film category (obviously) and the international jury preferredUnder The Shadowfor the most prestigious prize.

I was at the festival, but did not see the film as I knew it was very likely to see a theatrical release around my parts and that it will be very easy to find in case it is not released (so instead I watched fantasy/horror cult classics from Latin America!). A friend of mine saw it and liked it very much (which is a feat as I swear he hates 90% of the movies he sees!).

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Just finished watching this with my girlfriend. I....I don't even know what to say. I have no idea if it's a "good" movie or not, but it was sure as fuck entertaining the entire way through. I think I liked it.

Fart Jet-ski. Karate Chop Action. Boner Compass. Awkward social encounters.

And Paul Dano. Yea, I liked it.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Thought it was just ok. Might be higher on the movie if I wasn't expecting anything, but with people saying how great and entertaining it was I found it somewhat disappointing.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database