SWTOR

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
1200% class quest xp only lasts until October 19th, but the leveling progression shouldn't change at all once the expansion drops. At 60 there will likely be a new mission on your ship terminal which starts the KotFE story. Devs have said there will be a (double) warning box when you want to begin the next expansion, so if you want to do Forged Alliances-Rishi-Yavin-Ziost simply don't do the crossover until you're ready.

moontayle

Golden Squire
SWTOR's HeroEngine isn't the actual HeroEngine. It was Gordon trying to shave time for no real reason. They've bastardized it to hell and back. Actual HeroEngine has day/night cycles and I'm sure you know how that goes with SWTOR (non-existent).

Malakriss

They're working off of 10 year old HeroEngine, so their foundation is unupgradable shit.

DavivMcD

Peasant
1200% class quest xp only lasts until October 19th, but the leveling progression shouldn't change at all once the expansion drops.
Can you clarify this? Is the 12x boost for subscribers only until Oct 19, and available to all free players at the expansion? Or do they have another system to make leveling faster? They said they are making all the original class questlines more streamlined and faster, but I haven't been able to find any details on how.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am not sure they have stated for sure but I think one reason it is shutting off is with the expansion you can simply skip right to 60 directly and start your game play as the outlander. So it may be a matter of they don't see the point of maintaining the fast leveling when you can skip right to 60 without doing anything if you are a subscriber.

Malakriss

You will still be doing starter world through Corellia, Makeb, then Forged Alliances through Yavin for leveling. That progression doesn't change but once you hit 60 you have the option to go straight to KotFE stuff which will cut off the option to do prior class and SoR story.

The logical reason for this is you are "locked in" with your choices at that point, and any choices you didn't make are given the canon versions that free level 60 characters have.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Hey I'm thinking of getting back into the game I left when I beat all the content that was currently out I can't remember the dungeon but I remember the end boss was some lizard man in a giant robot.

Can anyone give me a quick run down since then? I have heard a LOT of shit has changed.

moontayle

Golden Squire
You're probably better off starting from scratch. You haven't played two leveling expansions and enough has changed that most of the game should be relatively new to you except the basics.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
You're probably better off starting from scratch. You haven't played two leveling expansions and enough has changed that most of the game should be relatively new to you except the basics.
That's what I'm thinking my main question will be do people still do the old content? I really enjoyed the story aspect and I would like to raid all the raid dungeons at least once.

I mean I didn't do anything past "explosive conflict"

Malakriss

Until the next expansion EV, KP, and EC are all still level 50. Since all normal abilities have a 99% miss rate against 60s people run them on NiM for the weekly, elite comms, and decorations/mounts. For instance I just ran a 16 man NiM Eternity Vault with 7 people, all but two of us died from a Soa platform dropping but still beat it.

Group Finder rotates between the 6 operations that came after that each day of the week so you'll see a lot of random groups forming for the raid of the day. For the two newest ones people will care if you've done it before or at least have the minimum Ziost level gear.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Until the next expansion EV, KP, and EC are all still level 50. Since all normal abilities have a 99% miss rate against 60s people run them on NiM for the weekly, elite comms, and decorations/mounts. For instance I just ran a 16 man NiM Eternity Vault with 7 people, all but two of us died from a Soa platform dropping but still beat it.

Group Finder rotates between the 6 operations that came after that each day of the week so you'll see a lot of random groups forming for the raid of the day. For the two newest ones people will care if you've done it before or at least have the minimum Ziost level gear.
any faction/server better than another? gonna start fresh

Malakriss

Harbringer is #1 NA population (West coast), Shadowlands is #2 NA (East Coast) and I think imps are more plentiful on both but Harbringer has a decent pub side. After them is Jedi Covenant and Ebon Hawk (RP) but I would not recommend any of the 4 lower pops below that since they are abandoning ship to the higher ones.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have a Jug that I moved to Harbinger to play with some of my work friends, been thinking about moving all my leveled toons while it's cheap. Definitely a busier server than Shadowlands, very short waits on anything I've queued for, especially GSF though the average pilot seems better or I'm rusty, or both.

DavivMcD

Peasant
I am not sure they have stated for sure but I think one reason it is shutting off is with the expansion you can simply skip right to 60 directly and start your game play as the outlander. So it may be a matter of they don't see the point of maintaining the fast leveling when you can skip right to 60 without doing anything if you are a subscriber.
From their website:
With the launch of Knights of the Fallen Empire, all of the original eight Class stories will be enhanced, allowing for a faster and more engaging playthrough for new and veteran players.
I don't think their idea of enhancing the class stories is skipping them.

I guess they haven't said any more about it yet. My guess is either a permanent xp boost to class missions for all players, or some kind of bolster system like you get on Makeb and solo mode flashpoints.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm thinking of giving this another shot with the xp boost. I've tried out a jedi knight and consular before, but got a little bored, though not of the mechanics or anything, just side quests. What has a good storyline, and does well in pve and pvp? I'm interested in agent and smuggler the most, but I don't know how their stories and strength are. I liked consular more than knight I think.

WageSlave

Golden Knight of the Realm
I have finished all the story quests for every class and have all companions at max affection. This bumped up companion stats nicely and made the Ewok a beast. I bought the Revan expansion and completed it on one class both dark and light. Didn't bother with other classes because the "new class story" feature was a joke. I just play for the story and unsubbed after that.

Do I need to log in and level all my characters if I want to use them for the new expansion?

Is all the time and effort I spent farming for money for companion gifts now wasted?

Is my Ewok just gone?

Do I now have to stay subbed for many months to finish this expansion because they are only releasing a few quests a month?