SWTOR

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I'm using an empty chat tab. I think making it to Sunday is a reasonable enough expectation to make the effort.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
In addition to spoilers in general chat, people are actually joining op channels and rival guild channels to post spoilers. Frankly, if you're on the internet, expect spoilers.
Man, that is some sad shit. You would think that people playing SWTOR would have enough respect for the source that they wouldn't do shit like that.

There are just some fucked up trolls out there.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
the XP rate was already insane BEFORE double xp. My new character is +14 levels above the max level for the new zone I just got to. I'm level 59 without completing Act 2 of my class quests!

Might start a new character and just do class quests only.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Picked this back up, loaded my old level 30 ish BH....nope, shit is confusing, re rolling!

No idea what I'm going to play, I really liked BH and its play style, but ....lightsabers!

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
I fired this back up yesterday after not playing since Jan 2012. Jesus fucking christ it's a totally different game. I never thought it could get WORSE than what it was at release, but god damn. There are so many windows and buttons with bullshit I have no fucking idea what the hell is going on.

My inventory is full of nightmare gear from Karagga's and Eternity vault that I can't use, my companions gear got dumped into my inventory as well because I guess they cut the number of slots they can equip in half? I had over 2 million credits and have access to 300k because I'm not subbed, etc etc.

Even controlling the characters feels really bizarre and not how it used to feel at all. I'm sad
frown.png

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Get used to it again. Almost every change they made was positive. Also, if you plan on playing, it is worth 15 a month.
I always wanted to level up all the imperial classes. I was the first 50 sorc on my server and absolutely love that storyline. Have a 39 sith warrior as well. What do I do with these 3500 cartel coins?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Honestly, they should have put the companion green gear sets on equipment vendors in fleet rather than sending out expiring mails that clog your inbox. You can outfit any gear even if your armor type can't equip it and there's no way to get the old rakata gear any more.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Cartel coins are pretty much what ever you want to buy in my experience. With the 2x exp right now you don't need exp boost for alts. Rocket boots are good, inventory expansion and/or bank expansion is good. Other then that it is just buffing how fast you get stuff or cosmetics.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Honestly, they should have put the companion green gear sets on equipment vendors in fleet rather than sending out expiring mails that clog your inbox. You can outfit any gear even if your armor type can't equip it and there's no way to get the old rakata gear any more.
Interesting. I have all the rakata/columi/champion stuff in my inventory still as well as my sweet ass red/black lightsaber

moontayle

Golden Squire
If you outfitted your toons with those, they'll be in your inventory. BW sent everyone all companion starter gear (the stuff they have on when you get them) as mail as well.

Threelions_sl

shitlord
Never played SWTOR at all, but have an itch to try it. I don't know if this will be a total cluster, but has anyone ever played this with a controller? I see that it's possible. Also, worth using someone else's code to join? Don't know if you get any credit or not. Many thanks

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
using a code gives you an extra inventory row and a handful of other UI things which this game removes from free players. There's no reason not to use a code. If you actually play longer than about 10 minutes you are going to want to subscribe anyway, the free 2 play model here is extremely punitive.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Oh yeah, no way for controller. it's not quite EQ2 levels of terrible but most classes push 2, 2.5 12-key hotbars worth of stupid shit plus a handful of "might need these at some point" abilities, so like, 25-30 buttons you need to map.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Base abilities run from 4-6 depending on class. Then there's a bunch of situational stuff. But yeah, at 65 you're at least two rows deep, maybe more. You can absolutely get away with using a controller but you will be limited past a certain point. If you don't plan on doing anything other than playing through the story, that should be fine though.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Do the class stories still end at 50 or did they extend those too? I remember sorc being really good with a HUGE lull in the 30's, war being good up til 39 (my highest), and IA being the best.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
from 50-55 it's faction based (ie empire story, and republic story). 55-60 everyone has the same story, you do get 1 class specific mission that kind of tidies up any loose ends from your class story. and now of course 60-65 everyone has the same story as well, of which the first 9 chapters are available with a new chapter per month (?) i guess, starting in January.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hmm, interesting. Now I have to decide if I want to do SWTOR leveling stuff first, or geek the fuck out on a vanilla wow server. Either way it's gonna be a solid 8-9 months before Legion is out.