SWTOR

Sterling

El Presidente
Was at one point at 50 I had something like 25 or 30 million credits and not much to do with it. Imagine that now at 55 it would be even easier.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Months ago the lazy way to make money was running around the new planet and finding all the big chest spawns. Send tank companion in, loot chests, run away and repeat for each area, then change planet instances. It's like they didn't learn from level 14s on Corellia.

moontayle

Golden Squire
I used to make nearly 60k running Boarding Party. Took like 10 minutes since you could use a speeder and for some reason they had like 5 small chests (2k credits, some greens) and like 3 large chests (6k credits, occasional purple, usually a blue). With selling the boss drops it ended up being a damn good way to make money really quickly. They scaled down the number of chests and removed the ability to use a speeder at some point but in a pinch you can still get a good 30k out of it for very little hassle.

If dailies are your thing then you can get 60k+ out of Ilum for like 20 minutes worth of work. I knew people who chained it with half a dozen characters. So that's 360k+ for an hour and a half of missions, 2m+ a week if you keep at it.

moontayle

Golden Squire
The space expansion is on the PTS right now and I got a chance to get a match in this morning. I'm impressed. I know that may not sound like much coming from me, but it's pretty damn good.

The basic rundown is that you're doing an X-wing vs. Tie Fighter multiplayer match on a Domination map. Three points, proximity determines ability to turn a point (like Eye of the Storm in WoW). Once it flips, over the course of a couple of minutes, the point builds three turrets as additional defense. They're enough to hold off a defender or two so some player defense will still be needed.

There's three ship types at the moment and a fourth is coming in February and two of the types have an additional ship that you can buy using the in game points you earn in matches. Each ship has their strengths and each one has various additional things you can customize to make it better or give it more variety, like weapons, missiles, shield power, etc. Each item also has its own "upgrade tree" which allows you to make it more powerful. Most of it is pretty simple, like increasing a Blaster's firepower, but you can also purchase things like defensive maneuvers and make them better. The stock balanced ship comes with a U-turn which will lose a missile that's locked on you.

On top of that companions are used to give additional passive bonuses and one of them can act as a co-pilot and gives an active ability which varies depending on the companion. Like HK-51 gives you 6 seconds of increased Crit on a 45s cooldown.

On the whole it's surprisingly deep on that level. And the only cash shop things I saw were customization options like paint jobs and laser colors.

Current downside is that there's apparently only two maps. That'll get old quick so I hope they have more coming.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I watched the twitch PTS stream of it yesterday and was quite impressed, I'll definitely be giving it a go next year some time.

Troll_sl

shitlord
So I bit the bullet and did the 2-month sub.

Not regretting it, but running into the same problem when I started at release: no fucking idea what I want to play.

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
I was thinking about reupping on this game soon... its probably been long enough so i can play through sonera more of the storylines. does anyone here actively raid in a guild?

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I bit the bullet and did the 2-month sub.

Not regretting it, but running into the same problem when I started at release: no fucking idea what I want to play.
I was in your same boat, I decided to go Shadow tank-spec, I'm a sucker for dual bladed lightsabers and tanks, add stealth to the mix (skip a lot of pointless fights) and you get the almost perfect class. Pro Shadow there is also the fact you don't need a million buttons to play, but I could still cut one or two that I find quite pointless.

My second preference goes to Commando: both gunnery and whatever is called the medic tree are fun. It's also cool to use an assault cannon for weapon
biggrin.png

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
I was in your same boat, I decided to go Shadow tank-spec, I'm a sucker for dual bladed lightsabers and tanks, add stealth to the mix (skip a lot of pointless fights) and you get the almost perfect class. Pro Shadow there is also the fact you don't need a million buttons to play, but I could still cut one or two that I find quite pointless.

My second preference goes to Commando: both gunnery and whatever is called the medic tree are fun. It's also cool to use an assault cannon for weapon
biggrin.png
Correct me if Im wrong, but isnt Shadow tanks the worst tanks in the game at the moment? Still spike damage issues despite the update/comming update?

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Math-loving people stated that Shadow tanks are going to be the best ones post update, by a decent margin too. Don't quote me on that, I'm done with using a spreadsheet to see if I can play a game the way I want or not.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Now they only need to put in some PvE space combat to replace the 1992 rail shooter they currently cling to.

Troll_sl

shitlord
Having fun with this. Just treating it like a single player game with "online mode." It's a mental thing, but it works.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
The new tier of rail shooter stuff they put in was brutal hard. Enough so that I didn't bother with it because I realized it would take like two years of running them all every day just to pay back the credits spent on the upgrades required to run them. At some point the rewards were nerfed and they are absolutely pointless, repetitive, and grindy as fuck.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
I got through one of them, forget which. But most of them are memorizing the right time to hit the divine aura or EMP buttonses. I'm terrible at that sort of thing.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
The new tier of rail shooter stuff they put in was brutal hard. Enough so that I didn't bother with it because I realized it would take like two years of running them all every day just to pay back the credits spent on the upgrades required to run them. At some point the rewards were nerfed and they are absolutely pointless, repetitive, and grindy as fuck.
They give decent cash, are easy as hell, and you get basic tokens. I do them on 8 chars, collect all missions during the week and burn through them saturday morning while watching some TV series. They are, however, boring as fuck and is a cruel joke to any claims of putting a spacegame into SWTOR.

Tho I did craft the parts I could not buy for fleet tokens, so I guess it was not that expensive for me to get going.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
All they need to do is copy Jump to Lightspeed which was brilliant.
See, I never understood why they didnt simply BUY Jump to Lightspeed from Sony. Its a totaly seperate game after all, if you exclude the walking around in the ship, and only needed a grafix upgrade (if that) to be ready out the gate. Throw in some new TOR space ships and let people at it ffs.