SWTOR

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Moon send me a referral in pm I'm planning on subscribing soon but would like the 7 days also.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
Do the referrals work if you already have an active account? Likely I'll be subbing before the end of the month but if someone can get something from it by all means.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Some tiered cosmetic rewards like a speeder and cosmetic pets. Dunno how good they are since I've never really played before tonight, but it's free shwag. I pm'd a referral to you.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Wound up starting a toon on EH. 28 gunslinger right now. Khalzev is name, if anyone playing there needs a dps. Plan on getting to 55, and trying to gear up for maybe some light raiding.

sukik

Playing an Agent(Operative). A healer with backstab, grenades and stuns is kinda fun in pvp so far. But I'm only level 13 or so.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
I've really tried to like starfighter but it is just so terrible. The balance is terrible, aimbotting railgunners, an utterly useless radar and UI, and the most baffling of all is the mouse moving outside the window during steering. Did they even play this? When I got my start coding in the industry back in 98, I had dual monitors. I've never coded without at least 2.

I've been just suffering through the dailies to get the space bucks.

sukik

Are there any mentor systems in game, like deleveling to match a person or auto scaling instances so higher levels can play with lower levels?

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Made a consular last night and got to 10. Game is much better just doing the story.

I can buy an ewok now right?
This. I am lvl 31 and haven't done a single side quest. Only the main story from each planet, and the class story quests. Fuck side quests.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I've really tried to like starfighter but it is just so terrible. The balance is terrible, aimbotting railgunners, an utterly useless radar and UI, and the most baffling of all is the mouse moving outside the window during steering. Did they even play this? When I got my start coding in the industry back in 98, I had dual monitors. I've never coded without at least 2.

I've been just suffering through the dailies to get the space bucks.
Balance in GSF was fine when it was released. Haven't played since January so can't speak for what changes have been made since. The problem is rookie players whose ships aren't upgraded will get eaten alive by veteran players with decked out ships. I had an upgraded scout ship with the ship components I chose fully upgraded and I had no problems taking down gunships. IMO the key to winning a GSF match is queuing up with guild mates all on voice chat. Almost every match I played was usually a guild group of 3-4 players. My win rate was over 70%. When I solo queued the win rate dropped to below 50%.

The UI is clunky to start with but after 10-15 matches I got used to it. Radar is a ship component you have to upgrade and other ships have radar dampeners to make it harder to detect them.

sukik

I'm not really minding the side quests, but it's my first time through the game. There's a lot to do when I log in, more than I'll probably be able to manage with my usually limited time during the week. By the time I did the pvp daily and the flashpoint daily it was well past time when I should've gone to bed so I didn't even get around to much questing. I don't know what the end game is like, but the leveling experience is pretty good for an mmo of this type.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Most people never had an issue with the leveling. The first time through at least. The voiceover work is really good and worth listening to at least once.

Once you get a couple of alts up to 55 it's like space baaaaaaaaaaar with everything.

GSF is supposed to have matching based upon how much requisition is pumped into your combined ships but so few people play it that it doesn't work.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm not really minding the side quests, but it's my first time through the game. There's a lot to do when I log in, more than I'll probably be able to manage with my usually limited time during the week. By the time I did the pvp daily and the flashpoint daily it was well past time when I should've gone to bed so I didn't even get around to much questing. I don't know what the end game is like, but the leveling experience is pretty good for an mmo of this type.
Yea I'm the same way but it's my first time leveling through the content so I want to see everything. Most of the quests, even the side ones have been pretty good from a story aspect. But I can understand not wanting to go through all the extra stuff on alts.

I tried GSF once and had no clue what I was doing and got wrecked. I wouldn't even know what upgrades to get if I wanted to get into that.