SWTOR

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Every female healer companion imo.

Tank companions are also okay because you can reset their health with mount/jet boots, and they do more damage than the healers.

DPS companions actually do good damage, but you actually have to stand around and heal for 5-10s every now and then. Unacceptable! Nearly every class gives zero fucks about energy/mana by 50 and so should have zero downtime. (of what I've played only agent/sniper actually needs to use filler abilities past 50ish) Maybe you kill faster with dps comps one geared, I don't know, but you actually have to stop to heal and fuck that.

Downside to my favorite class is bounty hunter's big aoe is 5 yards, vs 8-10 for everyone else, which really spoiled me while leveling the others. Sorc/Inquis is probably the better class overall, but a bit squishier if you don't manage your own health. Meh.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
In honor of our Fallen Empire announcement, we wanted to make it a bit easier for you to play on the server you want to. Starting tomorrow, Tuesday June 23rd, all character transfers will be discounted by over 90%, for a limited time. Each character transfer will only cost 90 Cartel Coins each. This promotion will run for a while, and we will make sure to give you a couple weeks of notice before the price goes back to normal.
Subs > cartel coins I guess.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I resubbed to the game after about an 18 month hiatus. Last time I played was during Rise of the Hutt Cartel. If you haven't bought Shadow of Revan expansion yet ($20 if you buy direct from Bioware), Amazon has a nice bundle package that gives you the expansion, two months of a sub, plus some Cartel coins for $40. You are essentially getting the cartel coins for free.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Every female healer companion imo.

Tank companions are also okay because you can reset their health with mount/jet boots, and they do more damage than the healers.

DPS companions actually do good damage, but you actually have to stand around and heal for 5-10s every now and then. Unacceptable! Nearly every class gives zero fucks about energy/mana by 50 and so should have zero downtime. (of what I've played only agent/sniper actually needs to use filler abilities past 50ish) Maybe you kill faster with dps comps one geared, I don't know, but you actually have to stop to heal and fuck that.

Downside to my favorite class is bounty hunter's big aoe is 5 yards, vs 8-10 for everyone else, which really spoiled me while leveling the others. Sorc/Inquis is probably the better class overall, but a bit squishier if you don't manage your own health. Meh.
The DPS companions are nice if you are playing a healer and don't want to be bothered switching specs when soloing. They do good enough damage that when given healing and the DPS healer mode folks can do allows you to bang through stuff at a good clip.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Character Transfers - Get Together With Your Friends
Last week we announced our next Digital Expansion: Knights of the Fallen Empire. Since announcing, we have seen a lot of players coming back and getting into The Old Republic. Whether you are a new player, an old subscriber coming back, or a player who has been around a while, you may have been looking for an opportunity to move to a new server. Maybe your friends transferred servers in the past or you're just trying to find a new Fleet to call home.

In honor of our Fallen Empire announcement, we wanted to make it a bit easier for you to play on the server you want to. Starting tomorrow, Tuesday June 23rd, all character transfers will be discounted by over 90%, for a limited time. Each character transfer will only cost 90 Cartel Coins each. This promotion will run for a while, and we will make sure to give you a couple weeks of notice before the price goes back to normal.

In order to initiate a character transfer:

Login and then visit:Star Wars: The Old Republic | Log in
Ensure you character meets the requirements listed
Click "Start a character transfer"
Select the server where the character you wish to transfer is located
Click "Choose a character from source server"
Select the character you wish to transfer
Select the server you wish to transfer that character to
Click "Next"
On this screen, you can confirm that the character is eligible
Click "Start transfer"
Enjoy your new server
Thanks everyone!

Eric
Community Manager

In case people are interested.

Malakriss

Those morons. The 1 credit decoration evidently has a sell value of 100 credits, warning notification against exploiting it on login. Maybe they should take the servers down and fix the damn thing.

edit: ... they left it in overnight

Malakriss

FYI you can level a character to 10 on your main server and transfer it for 90 coins so the destination server gets a full copy of your legacy unlocks. Which for me was everything except for the cartel pack reputations I don't have maxed.

I have run into a few people doing this for each server and getting a 60 slicer/gatherer in prep for the expansion.

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
No new operations in Knights of the Fallen Empire

We know that many players love our Operations and look forward to the introduction of new challenges, however with Knights of the Fallen Empire there will not be any new Operations. We felt it was important to first address some of the issues with our Elder Game before moving on to new content. These changes will allow us to be more flexible with how we release new content, as the content no longer needs to be tied to a new gear tier or level cap increase. Even without new Operations, though, you will have a whole lot of content to play at the level cap. Let?s go over everything you will be able to play in Knights of the Fallen Empire!

moontayle

Golden Squire
Sounds like they're aiming for an MMO Hail Mary. Making all content, no matter when it was released, relevant and worth playing.

Malakriss

Except it's also doing the FFXIV bullshit, where it's impossible to run through an old dungeon at max level simply to see the story, earn dark side, or farm the unique orange drops. You HAVE to run the instance equal to your level and spend a minimum of X time grinding through the damn thing (oh and the orange drops are probably removed anyways).

I duoed story mode Eternity Vault last night for nostalgia's sake but that will be impossible post expansion since it will auto adjust the level to you.

Malakriss

80 things most of us will never do since we subbed to see the story (only new addition) and after a month we'll let the sub lapse until next year when we sub for just one more month to see the rest.