SWTOR

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They should still get Ilum and Oricon which were basically just the daily planets. Does it lock out of the normal Revan storyline or just Ziost?

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Meh. I suddenly couldn't log in anymore. There's really nowhere left to go but into hard mode raids or ranked PVP (fuck no), which aren't actually hard but are apparently well beyond the capabilities of anyone still attempting to progress in 1-4 year old content. The ones who have already done it don't give a shit or have long since quit, the ones who haven't are a mixture of terrible and lazy.

It's awfully strange taking the time to schedule a raid and clear a bunch of trash and maybe a boss or two only to give up after two wipes. Hey, fuck you for wasting my time and blowing my lockout? Worse, one of the days they dedicated to farming KP/EV - five year old easy as shit raids that they shouldn't need to farm because they should already have full storymode gear, which was none of them aside from me.

I examined the amount of effort it would take to get myself a group that didn't suck vs my level of care and it came up short. As usual.

The thing is, though, I still enjoy MMO for the social outlet. My attention span for other games is roughly the time it takes to complete a level.

I even logged into Diablo 3. Nobody said a word.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Meh. I suddenly couldn't log in anymore. There's really nowhere left to go but into hard mode raids or ranked PVP (fuck no), which aren't actually hard but are apparently well beyond the capabilities of anyone still attempting to progress in 1-4 year old content. The ones who have already done it don't give a shit or have long since quit, the ones who haven't are a mixture of terrible and lazy.

It's awfully strange taking the time to schedule a raid and clear a bunch of trash and maybe a boss or two only to give up after two wipes. Hey, fuck you for wasting my time and blowing my lockout? Worse, one of the days they dedicated to farming KP/EV - five year old easy as shit raids that they shouldn't need to farm because they should already have full storymode gear, which was none of them aside from me.

I examined the amount of effort it would take to get myself a group that didn't suck vs my level of care and it came up short. As usual.

The thing is, though, I still enjoy MMO for the social outlet. My attention span for other games is roughly the time it takes to complete a level.

That's discouraging. I'm just finishing up Legendary status and Harbinger now and I'm looking to take the next step.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
On a PVP quick, and boy is it painful on repub side. I mean before 65 with bolster it's actually pretty fair, but once you hit 65 it's like everyone on the repub side queues with no PVP gear at all while all the imps are decked out with the best gear around. Bunchda 10 years old running around trying to punch adults with boxing gloves on, that's certainly what it looks like from a damage perspective.

moontayle

Golden Squire
What server? I know Ebon Hawk has a feast or famine problem with DPS right now, mostly famine though. Like I'll put up 1.2m while dying 10 times and double, triple, or even more the rest of my team. Meanwhile the other team has 2 sorc healers and we can't kill shit because fuck sorc healers.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Jedi Covenant. As soon as i leveled 65 it was night and day. Went from a roughly 50 / 55 percent win average to barely winning 1 in 20. And i mean it's not even close, i think we had a match where we killed ONE guy the entire match while they killed us something like 37 times.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Jedi Covenant. As soon as i leveled 65 it was night and day. Went from a roughly 50 / 55 percent win average to barely winning 1 in 20. And i mean it's not even close, i think we had a match where we killed ONE guy the entire match while they killed us something like 37 times.
You hit max level and couldn't compete with people in full pvp gear? You don't say.

You have a WoW sig. This can't be new to you.

What server? I know Ebon Hawk has a feast or famine problem with DPS right now, mostly famine though. Like I'll put up 1.2m while dying 10 times and double, triple, or even more the rest of my team. Meanwhile the other team has 2 sorc healers and we can't kill shit because fuck sorc healers.
I made my main a Sorc years ago, I just finally got completely fed up. Don't play so much anymore, but it's always my goto character.

Malakriss

To finish conquest last week I had a 4 dps vs 4 dps arena on Shadowlands, all solo queues. I'd say the ratio breakdown from bad to good is about accurate, had to finish 1 and a half people each round.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
You hit max level and couldn't compete with people in full pvp gear? You don't say.
I hit 65 and had enough commendation to buy a full set of gear and upgrade half of it and enough money to augment everything. I've had no issue killing or surviving in 1v1's or 1v2's at 65. But the damage in general in every match is just complete garbage on our team. Every single game.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Yep, that's how it goes. Unless you're bringing your own team you will not be able to account for whomever fills the other 7 spots.

@Malakriss: How the fuck that PT end up with less than 100k overall? And zero protection. Jesus.

lower case g

Lord Nagafen Raider
A buddy talked me into re-subbing to this, after having not played since release. I've been back for a week and a half, and having a blast. My biggest issue is deciding what to play. I keep rotating between characters. I've thought about using the free 60 boost to make a Jedi Knight to farm with. Anyone have any thoughts on that? Highest current character is a 36 Sith Juggernaut. I'm on The Harbinger.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Good information - albeit disappointing to hear. Has there been any mention or talk of a new raid? Or is it just the new storyline right now? Just started leveling again but don't want to invest if there is nothing to look forward to....

moontayle

Golden Squire
Nothing new on the group front but they're not talking about anything beyond the March update with the solo PvE tournament weekly. What lies beyond that is up for debate outside of the final chapters of the KOTFE story.

Malakriss

Well I unsubbed, still have enough time left to play the next chapter but i may not even bother. The lack of content and Bioware's intention to neuter or monetize every part of the game just ain't appealing. Revan was a better expansion than this shit.

moontayle

Golden Squire
I think the current direction of the game would be palatable if that had been in place at the start. They hyped up the class stories then went and basically tacked on the MMO at the end and kept holding on to that element even as they continued to say story was important. They kept adding in more and more group content, which is the thing to do with an MMO, but around the release of Ziost they basically shifted gears entirely into non-group content (Star Fortresses are a weaksauce attempt at group content). Granted, they retooled almost the entire game around the new level-syncing system so that likely left resources tied up as they prepared KOTFE, but at this point they should be freed up to work on continuing to add group content.

Except they're not. The next piece of content not a Chapter in the current story is a solo event. They've talked about a new PvP map (which would be the first non-Huttball, non-Arena map in nearly four years) but they're dodgy on when that'll be released. Zero actual group content being discussed. They're literally creating a game where people can just sub for a month at the end of a "Season" (they're calling KOTFE "Season One") and catch up on the story and do a bit of the additional content then unsub again until the end of the next season. They're hoping that sub rewards will keep people around but it's all cosmetic shit (ooh, HK-55 as a companion) without any real benefit.

I'm still going to keep subbed, mostly because I do enjoy playing the game and have a good group of people to play with, but I've sort of reached a point where I'm ambivalent to the game as a whole. If I didn't have an awesome guild I would probably be one of those people who sub once a year to catch up on the story before moving on.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Update 4.3 wasminedand it has a very interesting set of changes that indicates a move to a mega-server.

• PvE and PvP servers are being replaced with PvE and PvP instance types. You can now set your focus out of combat. The following strings are provided by Bioware:
  • You may not change your focus while in combat.
  • You are choosing to set your focus to PVP. Are you sure you want to go get your ass kicked?
  • You are choosing to set your focus to PVE. Are you sure you want everyone to know you are a huge wimp?
  • Taking this shuttle to will transport your character to this instance, change your focus to PVP, and start a cooldown for this feature. You might get your ass kicked! Are you sure?
  • This is a PVP instance. You may get your ass kicked.
  • Your instance is not accepting new players, but your new group member is in another instance on your planet. Do you want to shuttle there? This will change your focus to PVP, and you may get your ass kicked.
  • Many members of your guild are on your planet but in another instance. Do you want to shuttle there? This will change your focus to PVP, and you may get your ass kicked.

Interesting.