SWTOR

moontayle

Golden Squire
Dunno. 4.2 isn't going on test (it's what, two weeks from release?) but they need to stick 4.3 on there because of the PvP stuff (new regs map, rishi arena map). The Bowdaar arena isn't story specific, just additional content, and it's supposed to be in 4.2 so that's likely why it's in there, even though it's not explicitly part of the content to test.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
I am very confused. I got past logging in and having my inventory filled + 5 mails filled with crap that I'm guessing was all companion gear that I just turned around and put right back on them (why did they do that?).

Saw a tip that said go to the fleet blah blah didn't read, saw a purple icon did all that which was on Ilum. Next purple thing I saw was on Oricon. A bit into that I realized I'm not gaining any xp or levels. Everyone I see around me is higher level than me, though the content is easy. Is there some quest you need to do to level beyond 55?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Preferred should get SoR and up to 60 for free? Or at least that's what I thought they switched it to. The companion gear is something you can equip on your own character now if you want the looks.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
I am very confused. I got past logging in and having my inventory filled + 5 mails filled with crap that I'm guessing was all companion gear that I just turned around and put right back on them (why did they do that?).

Saw a tip that said go to the fleet blah blah didn't read, saw a purple icon did all that which was on Ilum. Next purple thing I saw was on Oricon. A bit into that I realized I'm not gaining any xp or levels. Everyone I see around me is higher level than me, though the content is easy. Is there some quest you need to do to level beyond 55?
Companion gear is useless now, well it's cosmetic only. You can also pick the role of your companion, tank, healer or dps. You can RE that gear or just sell it to a vendor or keep it if you like the looks.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
I figured it all out eventually. The Revany stuff was a sort of freebie preview of the revan expansion. Actually having the expansion is what unlocks the leveling. I subbed to try it out and it has been worth it. Really like the planets I've been to so far.

I've grumbled in the past about gimmicky fights where you do x or they unleash some instant kill move. There was a fight like that in the Ilum stuff I did, where if you ran too far away a robot would toss a blade at you for 25k damage. I hit one of those last night and my gear is so good I survived it haha. Just the crap you get as quest rewards. Slight mudflation here.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
So do companion gifts still work like they used to with the diminishing returns? I've got a bunch lying around, not sure if I should give it to my low ranks or my high ranks.

Malakriss

Rank 1 greens give 33 (with legacy perk) all the way to influence level 30 though. You'll want to macro clicking them of course but going from 1->30 for less than $400k is the cheapest option.

Malakriss

It's amazing how the population becomes respectable for priority EV week, then crashes to dreadful levels the following Tuesday.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
SWTOR has some really good stuff on its cartel market and the incentive to sub for the new story stuff is a pretty good combo for making money. It may have not been the cash cow they originally intended but it is slamming out really healthy amounts of cash now and is in a pretty fun state currently.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Most people think it's the first step toward a mega server (probably three, West Coast, East Coast, Euro). Think of it like planet instances except there's PvE and PvP specific ones. They haven't officially said it's for mega-servers but it's an odd addition that no one was asking for.

Malakriss

Yeah there will always be a Tatooine (PVE 1) and Tatooine (PVP 1) up now instead of just Tatooine. No one knows how it will apply to things like achievements, world bosses, or commanders. May impact things like 25 guard kills for conquest or Gree PVP (yay hope they fixed those achieves)

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
I still get 100 FPS in Battlegrounds. Ilum was an issue at launch. Not sure about now because I haven't had to render 100 people at a time in ages.

moontayle

Golden Squire
It's been a while since I've done mass PvP but it still happens on occasion on Ebon Hawk. Usually planned though. There was one on Oricon just recently. That said, SWTOR being a heavy CPU game and my CPU being circa 2010 means lots of people is aids on my system. Last time an Oricon battle happens I was lucky to get 10FPS.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I still get 100 FPS in Battlegrounds. Ilum was an issue at launch. Not sure about now because I haven't had to render 100 people at a time in ages.
Ilum was a damn slide show for launch and up until I quit the first time. That game really could not handle large amounts of people in a close area actively shooting at each other gracefully. I never had that problem in bg's though.