SWTOR

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Certain areas / camera angles in the new warzone can drop your FPS to single digits.

Malakriss

Some users have noticed (before any official announcements) that transfers between most servers are now free with unlimited usage. Generally, this is a sign of impending server consolidations so pick where you want to go now if it is available.

edit: Now has flipped back to 90 coins, maybe they screwed something up.

Malakriss

The lead dataminer made a post semi-confirming the existence of another credit exploit and called it more destructive than the last. Time to grab the popcorn and see how badly Bioware handles it this time.

KurganAU

<Gold Donor>
On the front page ofStarWars.com | The Official Star Wars Website

rrr_img_136518.png

overbyte

Golden Knight of the Realm
So I picked this back up after having abandoned it at launch. Is anyone still playing this? The game seems to have evolved quite a lot, and I am finding myself fiddling with rotations and mechanics which are far from familiar now. 

Also, I guess we need a swtor thread for the new forum - so, tada!

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
overbyte said:
So I picked this back up after having abandoned it at launch. Is anyone still playing this? The game seems to have evolved quite a lot, and I am finding myself fiddling with rotations and mechanics which are far from familiar now. 

Also, I guess we need a swtor thread for the new forum - so, tada!

Umm, I play extremely on and off.  I played hardcore for 3-4 years and just got tired of the game in general.  I liked the latest expansion, enough to keep subbed and log in a few times a month.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Play it as a solo game these days. They have not done much in the way of group content for a long time.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Yeah if you are looking for raiding, it's been stale for awhile in SWTOR. I mainly play solo except for the occasional flashpoint nowadays.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Haven't played since just before Shadows of Revan and keep meaning to go back and play the new story arcs. Will probably wait til after the new expansion is released since it's coming this fall. I hear the games been dumbed down even more and has a single player story focus. Which works for me since I only played the game for the story arcs.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
So I just installed after not playing for years (tried to play last year, but my comp was messed up so didn't get past level 2). I bought the original game when it first came out, but nothing since. When I got to the char select screen I noticed I had a free level 60 character token. I did some googling and it seems like that is only given to subscribers? Why do I have it? And can you no longer get the token refunded if you gain any exp at all in the first tutorial spot? Why do I have access to this stuff? It even put me in the expansion, when I got a dialogue box saying if I didn't own the expansion/have access to it, it would instead send me to the fleet.

Did they give people that bought the original game subscriber status or tokens or something?

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So I just installed after not playing for years (tried to play last year, but my comp was messed up so didn't get past level 2). I bought the original game when it first came out, but nothing since. When I got to the char select screen I noticed I had a free level 60 character token. I did some googling and it seems like that is only given to subscribers? Why do I have it? And can you no longer get the token refunded if you gain any exp at all in the first tutorial spot? Why do I have access to this stuff? It even put me in the expansion, when I got a dialogue box saying if I didn't own the expansion/have access to it, it would instead send me to the fleet.

Did they give people that bought the original game subscriber status or tokens or something?
You were subscribed this entire time. A few times I unsubbed and it didn't take hold. May want to see what card you used.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
You were subscribed this entire time. A few times I unsubbed and it didn't take hold. May want to see what card you used.
Definitely not. That card is long gone. Strange. Just confirmed on account subscription history. Nothing even listed because I didn't go past the free trial. Maybe my account is bugged, sweet. Is there no other explanation for at least my level 60 character token? Maybe I'm mistaken and this isn't expansion content, and it's just the 60 character token that is confusing me. Would I start on a ship to talk to some Darth working with the jedi that is part of the new expansion story if I didn't have the expansion?

Edit: Now on char select screen it's showing Preferred status. So I'm not a subscriber. I guess preferred comes from originally having bought the game and maybe that is the token?

So weird though. I also have in game mail that says I have earned the title of The Illustrious for being a sub to the game prior to Galactic Strongholds.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Everytime I see this game on my statement I remind myself I need to cancel it next month.

Think that's been going on for two years now. Jedi fucking mind tricks.

spanner

Silver Knight of the Realm
Last time I played the game was getting close to EQ2 levels of piano playing abilities. They prune them down yet?

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
No, it's still a mix of EQ2's priority based "faceroll 5-10 identical abilities on cooldown" and WoW resource management while also maintaining a few timed buffs/debuffs without the luxury of UI mods to show you their duration. (using a combat log parser sort of works for this)

I'd say without third party tools it's actually worse than EQ2 because there's no in-game macros to handle the faceroll bit for you. But I basically wind up using a few abilities manually and then smashing an autohotkey macro to faceroll the rest, which is exactly what the devs don't want us doing.

That said, there IS a set rotation if you math the fuck out of it and can memorize a 30+ long string of actions if you want to do the highest possible damage. Naturally this level of autism only works on a combat dummy in actual practice so you can ignore that shit.

tl;dr - some rotation, some resource management, plus a EQ2 faceroll bar. But if you cheat it's not bad.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That's a bummer. I figured they would've trimmed it down a bit with all the whining I see on reddit about the game being dumbed down. Got a link or name for the tool?

Malakriss

I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt after they failed to meet expansion expectations and dropped the ball on two major duping exploits but their only selling point is solo story that we can literally watch on youtube. Don't need a recurring sub to wait on that, can simply let two years go by, ask if it was good and at best they get one or two months and in every other case nothing.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
It was "dumbed down" in the sense that they removed talent trees and just give you all the talents that you would have picked anyway. It plays mostly the same as ever, just with less spamming of your basic attack.

People will cry that goddamn phrase every time mounts are made cheaper/lower level or more mailboxes are added to zones.

Overall the biggest changes I thought was group zones became almost completely useless. For the most part they were harder than story mode raids for lesser gear.

WageSlave

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'll probably resub for the expac like I normally do, spend a couple of days on the story, and then unsub until next year.