SWTOR

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I love to troll this game. Last night I convinced a minimum of 50 people on DK to meet me at the cantina in kaas city, take off all their armor, hit their walk key, and follow me in a naked parade because I said I worked for Bioware and was promoting same sex relationships in SWTOR and needed screenshots. Holy shit!

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
I love to troll this game. Last night I convinced a minimum of 50 people on DK to meet me at the cantina in kaas city, take off all their armor, hit their walk key, and follow me in a naked parade because I said I worked for Bioware and was promoting same sex relationships in SWTOR and needed screenshots. Holy shit!
Post pics for +1 rep

moontayle

Golden Squire
It's cheating if he did it on an RP server. They'll do just about anything. Not even sure I'd count doing it on DK a real troll. That's still newbie city.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Bought it and resubbed for a month. My guild is dead which sucks so I doubt I see even the story mode of the new op. I've been gone since December. It still plays like shit compared to WoW but i think that just about goes for any mmo. Damn them boys at blizzard can make some engines. Story seems ok so far...more of the same at level 51.

I didn't realize that the majority of the reps gave you shit all for customization with all the cool shit on the Buy My Packs Suckas rep.

Edit: I'm also on Prophecy of the Five.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Bought it and resubbed for a month. My guild is dead which sucks so I doubt I see even the story mode of the new op. I've been gone since December. It still plays like shit compared to WoW but i think that just about goes for any mmo. Damn them boys at blizzard can make some engines. Story seems ok so far...more of the same at level 51.

I didn't realize that the majority of the reps gave you shit all for customization with all the cool shit on the Buy My Packs Suckas rep.

Edit: I'm also on Prophecy of the Five.
Shoot Vazillisith a tell. I am in a guild who really banded together for the 5% XP Bonus.

Caeden

I may do that. Right now, me and the 4 others playing are trying to figure out if we want to just add a couple 55's to hit the new op or pug a few in at that level, run story once, and quit. I'm not here for the long term. The game just utterly blows compared to wow's playability.

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
Resubbed this weekend. Was having a horrendous time with graphics stuttering until I updated my graphics drivers, after that 0 problems. Rolled a new character (Gunslinger) on Jedi Council after I found out the Warzones are still server only and the server I was playing on was the lowest pop of the 7 or so left.

Caeden

So I plan to offer a more complete impression later, but this combat engine is still shit.

I must have really gotten used to it after being away from WoW a year, doing ToR a year and now been back in WoW since December. I had several instances of my Jugg pulling his saber back to do Crushing Blow 4-5 times before the ability finally fired. Even then, it sometimes didnt fire. And all seemed to cause some sort of GCD.

I was bitching about it in vent and someone had the gall to say Vanilla WoW was awful at that too. Now I've only played vanilla via private servers, but even then it still plays smooth as butter. GW2 plays really smooth also. You've had a fucking year and a half Bioware and it still plays like shit.

Also, fade to black on killings...for parent complaints or does that reduce the programming/qa load for the different scenarios. Sometimes I liked it. Sometimes not.

Damn though if some of those decisions make me feel like a homicidal maniac. Lurker quest I'm looking at you. That's Bioware at its best. World is also seems to have some depth and is beautiful. I got some Star Wars wood.

I have a feeling that the seeker = archaeology from wow. If so, fuck that.

I think this needed a new fp to be really worth it.

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
Seeker is indeed archaeology from WoW although a bit easier. All of the quest items you're searching for in the designated area can be seen and moused over (at least all of the ones Ive done so far were visible) so you arent just dropping the droid randomly then guessing where to go based on the results.

There are random locations your droid will "detect something" however that is exactly like the WoW thing. In these areas you will find a ton of random stuff from gray vendor fodder to epic mods or companion gifts.

The new hardmodes are at least challenging, for now, but will be the same aoe-breeze through content soon once people gear up more. The thing that turns me off is the literal ocean of daily quests the game drowns you with once you complete the planet story. Daily quest grinds are so not my thing...

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Started up a new guy on pay to play mode, everything is smooth so far except the fact I was oblivious to what I can't do without a sub. This is only bad because I am getting cock slapped across the mouth every few mins with messages saying you want to do this or that you have to sub...

Let me be ignorant until I really try to do something that needs a sub, no need to berate.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
Is there any actual reason to resub if one is just leveling and playing through storylines? I loathed the endgame at release, and really just want to eventually finish every story. I'm happy to exp at a slower rate.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Anyone experience constant BSOD with this turd? I upgraded the video drivers and something is still fucking things up when running this game.

uup2it_sl

shitlord
Is there any actual reason to resub if one is just leveling and playing through storylines? I loathed the endgame at release, and really just want to eventually finish every story. I'm happy to exp at a slower rate.
Not really is short answer

What you wont have little things that are annoying.
1) Quick travel is set at 2 hr refresh
2) No emergancy fleet travel
3) 2 trade skills (also when doing crafting you cannot que up a companion to do 5 of one thing they only do 1 at a time)
4) Cant use purple stuff that you pick up. anything you had before is fine.
5) A mount is delayed till lvl 25 and cost 35k (easy work around though get legacy lvl 2 i think and you can buy speeder training for lvl 10 for 40k. 15 lvls earlier for 5k yeah worth it.
6) No access to section X (the HK quest comes from here so if you really want HK51 youd have to unlock it.)
7) Your stuck with head gear graphic turned on
8) Limited on how many flashpoints or space missions you can run a week (3)

Those are just the things I noticed when going from Sub to Prefred. None of them are game breaking if you just want to see the story line.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
LOL, you are hamstrung while trying to play this game without a sub. Do yourself a favor and resub for a month or two. Its worth it IMO if you are going to play anyway.

Tide27_sl

shitlord
LOL, you are hamstrung while trying to play this game without a sub. Do yourself a favor and resub for a month or two. Its worth it IMO if you are going to play anyway.
I planned on resubbing for a month or two to just run through the game, but even their account management is terrible. I can log into the game just fine, but when I try to subscribe it says my computer isnt recognized and that I need to input a one time code sent to my email. I wait 30 mins to get the one time code in the email, and imagine my suprise when it says that the one time code sent to me is invalid.....

Oh well, Ill find someone else to give me money to. This is so laughably bad it isnt even funny.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Echoing this. The restrictions are retarded, along with the XP gimp. With a sub you could also just grab a quick leveling pack and get up to rocket boost 3 for indoor and level 1-9 travel, which speeds things up immensely. And vehicles at level 10. Pretty much a no brainer. No, and a couple of those 3 hour XP +25% bonus packs.

Otherwise you won't make it passed the beginning stages of Tatooine.

spanner

Silver Knight of the Realm
During the double XP weekends, the game was 10 times more fun, you could skip all the space bear ass quests and focus on the main story and planet quests. As I look back on it, its not a bad game, its just that its not a great game either, and then when you look back on the amount of money spent to make it, it just pisses you off.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Apparently there is a mysterious "Basic Gear" quest when you get 55 or whaterver. Anyone know where to pick this up on the empire side? Got told it was the Priority Mission Terminal, but Ive done those and nada mission for gear.

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
Apparently there is a mysterious "Basic Gear" quest when you get 55 or whaterver. Anyone know where to pick this up on the empire side? Got told it was the Priority Mission Terminal, but Ive done those and nada mission for gear.
A Droid on the Makeb space station starts it. It requires you to complete three weeklies, Makeb, Section X, and Black Hole. So make sure you have not completed those before you pick it up.