SWTOR

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Aside from augments and relics crafting is kind of meh. Didn't help that people had 2000+ basic comms at the start and they rained from the sky so everyone can immediately buy full 186 at level 60.

Arterial

N00b
It does suck, but for the big picture it allows them to balance better instead of having to counter and correct every OP hybrid build that comes out. I do like that now I can pick up some abilities from other tree's I normally couldn't without a loss.

That being said, IDK how they can call this an expansion with a strait face I blew through the new zones in about 7 hours and I am a bubble from 60 its a big content patch at best

moontayle

Golden Squire
Yeah, it's more like DLC and mostly priced to that anyway.

I'm interested in hearing what they have coming down the pipeline. They've hinted at some GSF and PvP things, mostly because they were explicit about them not being overtly touched on for this release, but outside of that it's been murky.

Arterial

N00b
Aside from augments and relics crafting is kind of meh. Didn't help that people had 2000+ basic comms at the start and they rained from the sky so everyone can immediately buy full 186 at level 60.
New ops are not a push over, we tested the new content in 198's aside from MH's

Celebrindal

Golden Squire
The expansion is worth the $20. Aside from the buggy final fight of the class story, I enjoyed the planets. I think Yavin is my favorite location to date (Ord Mantel as well). Crafting is super simple. I got 500 on everything without even trying. I hope to check out the Ops this weekend.

Malakriss

60 HM flashpoints give basic comms, 55 HM still gives elite. Can't queue for 55s as a level 60. Ingenious

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That being said, IDK how they can call this an expansion with a strait face I blew through the new zones in about 7 hours and I am a bubble from 60 its a big content patch at best
I think the term "expansion" as we old MMO'ers/gamers know it, is becoming a fluid or redefined by the marketing teams within the industry. Destiny is calling its new DLC (The Dark Below) and expansion pack as well. If you play Destiny, you damn well know its just a small DLC. Just think it's a new trend we have to get used to and not expect full EQ/WoW sized additions like we're used to.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
For 20$ what you're describing is what I expected, but I really liked that they added class stories. I wouldn't have pre-ordered without the XP bonus, which was well worth it for the 3 stories I went through during the bonus period. The early access I'm kinda wasting since I'm busy with wow right now.

Malakriss

Rishi is a story planet and Yavin is a daily planet like Oricon. New no space missions, GSI, or companion stuff. The item level and commendation squish throws returning players up to the same point of progression but then it's afk lobby time.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Like I said, DLC. Two planets, two flashpoints, two operations, a level increase, conclusion to class stories started at launch. I think that's worth $20. The trick will be building on what they started here.

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
Hey folks,

Let?s talk a bit about training costs for your characters abilities. One thing has become clear from the player feedback in not only this thread, but since launch: players do not like training costs. It is a situation where every level you will see your hard earned credits go to a holographic Hutt doctor in order to make yourself a bit stronger. We have been talking about this topic internally for quite some time and when you add player feedback to the mix one thing becomes clear? We should make training costs a thing of the past.
Since launch, you have spent millions of credits training skills across your characters. As of our maintenance next week all ability training costs will be completely removed from the game, forever!

What does this mean for you? This means that starting next week, instead of spending your credits on training skills, you can now spend them on literally, anything else you want. Note that this only affects ability training, you will still need to spend credits to training schematics for Crew Skills, etc.

Thank you again for your feedback.
-eric

Thank fucking christ. Cost me 530k+ just to train skills from 59-60.

Malakriss

Shadowlands server reportedly died earlier today and is now on backup hardware, if you're wondering why there's crippling lag on some planets

Malakriss

55 HM flashpoints still drop elite comms and count for 60 HM Weekly. 55 16-man operations still drop ultimate comms.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Every time I play this game I end up going back to wow. I was wow free since February of this year. Played a couple class stories and then couldn't be bothered to play the content I pre-purchased. I'm in Draenor now.

Malakriss

Sort of the opposite, I kind of wish everything had FFXIV's engine and graphics now but I can totally do without their japanese level grind fest and patch treadmill. WoW had forever burned their bridge with me and TOR at least showed it's going to be around until they want to release a better star wars MMO. (3rd time is the charm?)

moontayle

Golden Squire
Same. SWTOR is the one I've gone back to in the last few years when another MMO isn't doing it. I've done WoW (twice), FFXIV and Archeage, and even TERA for a month or so and each time I just end up going back.

Diving into the new content tonight. Had to catch up the character I plan to solo level (my main is duoing with the wife).