SyFy network admits they fucked up

spronk

FPS noob
haha fuck you SyFy, right after you move away from sci fi to wrasslin, shit like Game of Thrones and Walking Dead break out and now you try to press undo? Nobody watches your shitty channel anymore.
Syfy - The Hollywood Reporter

Like the hero in a time-travel story, the Syfy network sees its future in the past.
Almost five years after a rebrand that abandoned the Sci-Fi moniker and enraged fans, NBCUniversal brass is aware that its attempt to lure a broader audience might have lost it some clout in the increasingly lucrative genre that shares its former name. Now Syfy president Dave Howe is trying to rectify the perception problem with changes in the executive ranks that will translate to new programming more familiar to its core audience.
"We want to be the best science-fiction channel that we possibly can, and in some respects, that means going back to the more traditional sci-fi/fantasy that fans often say they feel we've exited," Howe tells THR. "We're going to occupy that space in a way we haven't for the past few years."

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I'm glad they realize how shitty they've become. Hopefully this means we'll get more quality sci-fi and fantasy shows. It's a win for the viewers.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Stargate Multiverse: Where jobless Eureka actors finally get a paycheck.

Cybsled

It's kinda sad seeing Sheriff Carter as the Maytag man ;p

Syfy should bring back Farscape and T:TSCC and all will be forgiven.

Goatface

pretty sure they can never go back to what they once were. the viewers just were not there. as networks go, they were pretty honesty about viewers-budgets-adbuys needed to keep shows going.
the heyday of filming on the cheap in Canada is all but gone. stargate universe, caprica, etc all had pretty shit ratings which contrary to how the internet wants it, is still how they make most of their money.
show budgets are fairly small, around $1.5 to $2m which is pretty crappy when dealing with scifi. TWD's is roughly $3m and most of it looks like ass.

Cybsled

It sounds like they want less stuff like WH13,Eureka, and Being Human. Those were good shows, not sure why they can't keep those and do other stuff.

Musab

Molten Core Raider
Alphas! Ryan Cartwright was the shit in that series. Funny how Intelligence is a rip off of his character.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
haha fuck you SyFy, right after you move away from sci fi to wrasslin, shit like Game of Thrones and Walking Dead break out and now you try to press undo? Nobody watches your shitty channel anymore.
Syfy - The Hollywood Reporter

Like the hero in a time-travel story, the Syfy network sees its future in the past.
Almost five years after a rebrand that abandoned the Sci-Fi moniker and enraged fans, NBCUniversal brass is aware that its attempt to lure a broader audience might have lost it some clout in the increasingly lucrative genre that shares its former name. Now Syfy president Dave Howe is trying to rectify the perception problem with changes in the executive ranks that will translate to new programming more familiar to its core audience.
"We want to be the best science-fiction channel that we possibly can, and in some respects, that means going back to the more traditional sci-fi/fantasy that fans often say they feel we've exited," Howe tells THR. "We're going to occupy that space in a way we haven't for the past few years."
Honestly, I haven't watched the network since Stargate SG1, Atlantis and BSG were on the same block. It's been ass ever since.

Cybsled

Ya, I saw that awhile back. They always said the comics were official
story, so it sounds like the movie picks up many years after those events. The guy who voiced Rygel died, though ;(. They also pretty much killed off everyone except John, Aryn, Chiana, Pilot+Moya, Rygel, and Scorpius (and Brakka!). Dargo/Deke (their son) had the ability to bend space+time to a degree and could even goto "unrealized realities" without using wormholes (but he was a baby so he couldn't control it), which is why aliens were interested.

I'll believe it when I see it though. Remember the animated series/webisodes/mmo that never got made?

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
Does this mean I'll get Beast Master, Hercules, and Xena reruns every night again?
That would be better than Sharknado, Sharktopus, prehistoric A vs. robo B crap they put out now.

Back in the early 90s when Scifi first came out, they played some real cool older, independent, and foreign fantasy/sci-fi. It was a glorious geekfest of shows that the mainstream didn't like. Filling that niche was the whole point. Then came the syndicated Hercules/Xena shows, and I complained about them but they were not that bad until it was 18 of 24 hours of it. They lost me completely with the ScyFy move.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
SGU season 3 please. It finally started to actually develop into something the second half of season 2

kudos

<Banned>
That would be better than Sharknado, Sharktopus, prehistoric A vs. robo B crap they put out now.

Back in the early 90s when Scifi first came out, they played some real cool older, independent, and foreign fantasy/sci-fi. It was a glorious geekfest of shows that the mainstream didn't like. Filling that niche was the whole point. Then came the syndicated Hercules/Xena shows, and I complained about them but they were not that bad until it was 18 of 24 hours of it. They lost me completely with the ScyFy move.
Beast Master episodes at 3am are what got me through my 1 month panic attack issue back in high school. Loved that show.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
I loved the original movie when I was a kid, hated the show, though. To be fair, though, I had a thing for Gabrielle from Xena, and it's always a bonus when Autolycus showed up.

kudos

<Banned>
All 3 of those shows were so bad they were good. It's too bad they don't make fantasy shows like that anymore.