Tales of Zestiria (PS3)

Sean_sl

shitlord
Bunch of details here:Tales of Zestiria announced for PS3 - NeoGAF

Kinda sucks this is on the PS3, but at least the next titleiscoming to the PS4.

Tales of Zestiria ???? ?? ?????? | ??????*????*??????
- Zestiria refers to "Zest", meaning passion or zeal;
- Game has character designs from Inomata, Fujishima, Okumura, and Iwamoto;
- Seems to be more "open-world" and to have "bigger fields";
- Takes place on the continent of Greenwood;
- War between the Highland Kingdom and the Lawrence Empire;
- Baba says that they built the new LMBS based on surveys asking what system fans enjoyed the most;
- The story will revolve around the subject of "dragons," which is also the reason why it's shown in the logo of the new title. According to Baba, dragons symbolize fantasy, which is something they'd like to focus on for the upcoming title;
- UFOTABLE confirmed;
- Hikaru Kondo, producer of Japanese animation studio Ufotable, who worked on the Tales of Symphonia OVAs, will also be involved in the development of Tales of Zestiria;

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It being on PS3 probably means it's never getting ported right? I mean it'll release in a while on PS3 in japan, then Tales take like 8-12months to be ported, they probably won't bother when by that time the PS4 Tales will be almost out and they can work on porting that instead. So I guess in a way, I hope it sucks so I don't miss anything ^^.

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
Looks good, I like the design of the Alicia/Alisha chick and Im always game for more Tales titles.

With the resurgence lately of the Tales series in the west, Ireallywish they'd localize the PS3 version of Vesperia they released in Japan.

Sean_sl

shitlord
It being on PS3 probably means it's never getting ported right? I mean it'll release in a while on PS3 in japan, then Tales take like 8-12months to be ported, they probably won't bother when by that time the PS4 Tales will be almost out and they can work on porting that instead. So I guess in a way, I hope it sucks so I don't miss anything ^^.
No, it will almost assuredly get ported. The PS4 being out isn't going to stop JPRGs from getting localized over here. There's going to be a bunch of them still for the next couple years.

Needless

Toe Sucker
another tales game we won't see for 2+ years
frown.png

while they're at it those assholes need to send tales of hearts R to NA

Sean_sl

shitlord
another tales game we won't see for 2+ years
frown.png

while they're at it those assholes need to send tales of hearts R to NA
They're getting better. Tales of Xillia took about 2, but Xillia 2 will be only about 1.5 and Tales of Symphonia Chronicles is only a 4 month difference.

Sean_sl

shitlord
For the PS3? Probably Xillia or wait until Symphonia Chronicles comes out in a couple months. Unfortunately the PS3 port of Vesperia did not get localized.

If you have a X360 get Vesperia for sure.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Hopefully the PS4 Galikai or w/e service is out by the time the new Tales is out - no more ps3!

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Looks like Namco has confirmed this game will get a US release.
Oh that's nice then, I just assumed since it's still far from release in japan and they take forever to port those, they'd just skip this one and work on porting the PS4 one earlier for new sales. It's nice they've been porting the last few, hopefully it means they're selling decently, games are good so it'd be a shame not to get them.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Yeah, confirmation here:http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/...coming-to-ps3/

Hello again, everyone. My name is Hideo Baba from Namco Bandai Studios Inc., and I'm the producer for the Tales series. As some of you know from previous posts, I like to step in from time to time and deliver great news to our fans on PlayStation.Blog. Today is one of those special days!

I'm very proud to announce that Tales of Zestiria, the newest installment and 20th Japanese anniversary commemorative title for the Tales franchise, will be launched in North America for PS3. This is a huge moment for Namco Bandai Games, and the Tales team in particular, as it's the first time we've simultaneously announced the game for both Japan and the west.

There's not much else to say about Tales of Zestiria right now, so please stay tuned for more information in the future. In the meantime, we do have two other great Tales games coming out in North America to keep fans excited throughout next year. Tales of Symphonia Chronicles will be available on February 25th, 2014 for PS3, and features both Tales of Symphonia and Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World. Expect new HD graphics and content for North American fans, including new outfits, Mystic Arte cut-ins, titles, unison attacks, and techniques. It will also be the first time that a Tales game features both an English and Japanese audio track.

Tales of Xillia 2 will also be out across western territories next year for PS3 as well. It's the sequel to this year's Tales of Xillia, and focuses on two brand new characters: Ludger Kresnik and Elle Marta. One of the defining themes of the game is "choice," and players will be able to speak through Ludger by the choices that they make throughout the game. And since this title takes place in the same world as Tales of Xillia, expect to see plenty of your favorite characters returning to help Ludger and Elle on their journey. We'll have plenty more to talk about for this title in the coming months.

The Tales team has been working hard to strengthen our relationship with overseas fans over the past few years, and we've seen the fruits of our labor with the success of Tales of Xillia - which has sold over a million copies worldwide. The Tales team would like to thank all of the Tales fans around the world for their continued support, and extend a warm welcome to new fans to the series as well.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Unrelated but Sean you must know, how's Symphonia New World or whatever? Iirc I played Symphonia, but then again I might not have and only watched the anime not sure, will that be worth buying? Also hope the dual track shit becomes standard. No mention of it for Xillia 2 though so guess not.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Unrelated but Sean you must know, how's Symphonia New World or whatever? Iirc I played Symphonia, but then again I might not have and only watched the anime not sure, will that be worth buying? Also hope the dual track shit becomes standard. No mention of it for Xillia 2 though so guess not.
Dawn of the New World was alright. It's not great, but it's far from being the worst Tales game. It's also probably one of the better written ones as far as character relationships go (especially compared to say Graces which made me want to punch some writers in the face).

You should definitely buy the Symphonia Chronicles pack. Both will be worth playing (or re-playing).

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Interesting that combat appears to be over the shoulder instead of the usual "arena" style of past Tales games.

iT8hWtuYDQc5V.gif

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
With the resurgence lately of the Tales series in the west, Ireallywish they'd localize the PS3 version of Vesperia they released in Japan.
Never going to happen. You can thank Microsoft (and Namco for accepting the bribe) for that.

Hopefully this one is as good as people say Vesperia was. Graces f sucked ass, and Xillia started to bore me to death about halfway through and I shipped it back to GameFly unfinished. I'm not sure why but I'm always optimistic about the Tales series even though I haven't liked any of them yet once I actually played them.

Looks pretty fun but graphics don't look so awesome
Eh, looks like the same engine and probably about the same budget as Xillia to me. It's no Final Fantasy, but it could be much worse--like Graces f's godawful looking Wii port, for instance.

Needless

Toe Sucker
duuude, that new perspective looks fantastic, already looking forward to it from that gif alone lol