Tanoomba's Toxic Tank of Traducement

Status
Not open for further replies.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Of course. Wait, did you find a quote of Sarkeesian claiming otherwise?

Does the program that anita was accredited with use biology as part of teaching her about gender? go answer that question.

of course you won't find any quotes about anita talking about biology at all, why would I have a quote about a subject she doesn't talk about?

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
You would think a class dedicated to differences between men and women would have biology in the curriculum, if it doesn't how could it be legit in any way shape or form? How can you claim any scientific basis for what you're doing when you ignore science?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I did that a year ago when she did her dumb series, this is a meta arguement that you're too stupid to recognize.

It's funny, because I think we're probably more aligned than I am with Tan since I abhor post modernism and most if it's derivative ideologies, but you're still terrible at arguing a point coherently.

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
It's funny, because I think we're probably more aligned than I am with Tan since I abhor post modernism and most if it's derivative ideologies, but you're still terrible at arguing a point coherently.

It's funny cause you add nothing here and act dumb, maybe you should not shit up the thread?

• 1Triggered

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
You would think a class dedicated to differences between men and women would have biology in the curriculum, if it doesn't how could it be legit in any way shape or form? How can you claim any scientific basis for what you're doing when you ignore science?
Are the only differences between men and women biological? Sarkeesian isn't a biologist and never pretended to be one. That doesn't automatically invalidate everything she says, and it CERTAINLY doesn't mean she's dangerous or harmful.

Also, who are you to say she ignores science? You're using hyperbolic terms to push your ideological agenda here. Instead of coming to the reasonable conclusion that there is more than one way to look at gender issues in society, you've decided (more than a little arbitrarily) that the only valid framework is biology, and that anything that isn't explicitly about biology is "ignoring science" and therefore not only wrong but harmful. That's asinine. One can talk about video game design without ever having written a line of code. One can analyze a movie without ever having set foot behind a video camera.

If Sark was making provably false claims that directly contradict established science, and doing so specifically to push for destructive social change, then you might have had a point. But she isn't talking about biology. She isn't making provably false claims. And she isn't pushing for destructive social change, even if it makes you feel high and mighty to claim otherwise. If she was doing any of those things, you know what would reflect that? HER WORDS.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Are the only differences between men and women biological?

Of course not but you'd have to know about biology, saying sarkeesian isn't a biologist is a giant LOL copout, her curriculum should make her familiar with biology, if it doesn't that's a huge failure of the female studies curriculum.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
"
If Sark was making provably false claims that directly contradict established science, and doing so specifically to push for destructive social change, then you might have had a point. But she isn't talking about biology.

How can you have any substantive discussion about men and women and you never talk about hormones or biology, not once at all?

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
"

How can you have any substantive discussion about men and women and you never talk about hormones or biology, not once at all?

How can you know anything about the differences of men and women and not atleast taken level 100 courses in the science that literally tells you the physical differences between them. If you're never trained in that science how don't you know if your conclusions are bullshit if you never check your theories against things like hormones?

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
the whole field is fictional nonsense, gender isn't even a thing really, it's just a ill defined concept, you can't point a microscope at someones gender ffs.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
every word out of her mouth that isn't science, based, since you seem so confident this exists, you have many examples ready to quote right?
I'm not saying she's making biology-based arguments, I'm saying the arguments she's making aren't necessarily dependent on a knowledge of biology.

Who are you to decide the only framework from which certain topics must be discussed? Do you know when biology would be relevant to something Sark talks about? When she makes a statement that can be proven false with facts about biology. You saying "She MUST mention biology or her entire stance is invalid" is an entirely feels-based assessment that makes no logical sense. It's also a form of thought-policing, incidentally.

"How can you have any substantive discussion about men and women and you never talk about hormones or biology, not once at all?
Why not? There's no rule saying we can't, except the arbitrary one made up by you to suit your ideological purposes and discredit people you disagree with. Well, I'm assuming you disagree with her. You have yet to mention a single stance she has taken that you have a problem with.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
I'm not saying she's making biology-based arguments, I'm saying the arguments she's making aren't necessarily dependent on a knowledge of biology.

without having even basic familiarization of biology or any science, statistics ect, it's by definition an ignorant argument, and that's being generous.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Why not? There's no rule saying we can't, except the arbitrary one made up by you to suit your ideological purposes

science is not an ideology lol, there's you trying to turn an argument against itself again, science is a set of tools that dispels ignorance, which is why anita's arguments are ignorant (and stupid).

not "requiring" biological knowledge of hormones while talking exclusively about differences in men and women is just ignorance trying to pass itself of as morality.

• 1Like

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Hey was everyone aware that tanoomba thinks having basic scientific knowledge of the subject your talking about is "having an ideology" LOLOLOLLLOLOLOL

• 1Worf
Status
Not open for further replies.