Tanoomba's Toxic Tank of Traducement

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!
Status
Not open for further replies.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
You still don't get it at all.

not everyone has that cortex thing, these studies i've looked at seem to indicate some do some don't. there's also a high link between autism and alot of diagnosed people, it seems like a decent amount of them are autists who talk themselves into stupidity, as such a subjective test would be inconclusive compared to a hard scientific OBJECTIVE one.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
You still don't get it at all.

not everyone has that cortex thing, these studies i've looked at seem to indicate some do some don't. there's also a high link between autism and alot of diagnosed people, it seems like a decent amount of them are autists who talk themselves into stupidity, as such a subjective test would be inconclusive compared to a hard scientific OBJECTIVE one.

Autism doesn't have an objective medical test either, you know.

What makes these people talk themselves into autism so they can talk themselves into gender dysphoria?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Getting an autism diagnosis can take months, even years of doctor's visits, and the diagnosis depends largely on watching a child play. As a result, who gets put on the spectrum and who doesn't can depend on who and where the doctor is.

"Your likelihood of receiving an autism diagnosis, unfortunately, is very much dependent on where you live and which clinic you're able to get to—if you're able to get to a clinic at all," said Alison Singer, president of the Autism Science Foundation, an advocacy group that supports autism research.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

I don't think it is. I guess the difference is I don't think something can't exist without a rock solid 100% diagnosable method. Much of daily medical work is composed of educated examinations that fall far short of objective ironclad test results.

If you want to say there needs to be better methods, then I agree, especially with something like GD where there are life altering consequences potentially.

If you want to say GD or autism doesn't exist because there is no ironclad test, then I think you're off track.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
somewhere in there is a grey area where someone like tanoomba argues about a cortex and the end result is some autist chops his dick off because of some bf skinner like conditioning

DickTrickle

You have to begin somewhere, ultimately. A lot of things in medical science that are b objective now have a history in subjective beginnings. It's the nature of research and progress.

• 1Solidarity

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
then i was 100% correct saying the diagnosis is subjective and the way activists treat it like it's all settled science and pushing people to operate and take lifelong hormones at young ages can be monstrously harmful form of child abuse in reality, thanks.

DickTrickle

somewhere in there is a grey area where someone like tanoomba argues about a cortex and the end result is some autist chops his dick off because of some bf skinner like conditioning

Don't get me wrong, shit is too political, and massive body alterations and hormone therapy should have a much higher bar than they do now.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
i'm gonna stop saying "thanks" at the end of sentences cause I could feel myself turning into screams douche persona

• 2Worf

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Dude.

All I'm arguing is that SCIENCE shows there is likely a biological basis for gender dysphoria, and that it isn't a product of people's imaginations. The fact that we were able to figure this out, using SCIENCE, shows that, at the bare minimum, the method used to diagnose those who were ultimately tested was pretty accurate. If it wasn't, we wouldn't have had the results we did.

Gender dysphoria exists, and so far having educated professionals talk to people about their feelings is a pretty good way to find out who suffers from it.

Can this system be exploited or otherwise rendered less accurate due to political pressure and the influence of popular media on a susceptible public? Of course! We ABSOLUTELY need to be careful not allow politics to fuck with professional medicine. We absolutely SHOULD call out this push to get children to question their gender before they even understand what gender is. Nobody here has ever argued otherwise, certainly not me.

But your solution of "feelings are involved, therefore we can't diagnose anyone!" is not only ignorant but harmful. You want to prevent people who actually suffer from GD (and again, SCIENCE shows they do exist) from getting treatment, even though the way we diagnose them has actually worked pretty well up tot this point.

• 3Salty
  • 2Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 5 users

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
Keep fighting the good fight Tanoomba. I have nothing but sympathy for those with Gender Dysphoria.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Skanda:
This isn't the "Let's post what some dumb shit said on Twitter" thread.

latest

• 1Garbage

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Keep fighting the good fight Tanoomba. I have nothing but sympathy for those with Gender Dysphoria.

People who are excessively empathic retard their capacity for logical thought.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
AngryGerbil:
I thought it was mildly relevant to speak about the Nazis because if you like Tomb Raider or Hitman.... you are a Nazi in the modern age.

But if we just want to stay at the surface level of all of this and only ever talk about how Soc-Jus invades video-games per-se, then we are left shallow, mute, and retarded on the entire subject.

Doesn't want to have shallow, surface-level discourse about social justice.

Uses shallow, surface-level hyperbole to discuss social justice.

Can't explain that.

• 1Garbage

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
AngryGerbil:
I really honestly and truly do believe that I can draw a memetic link from Hitler to Sarkeesian and I believe I can do it without contradicting myself or sounding too foolish.

Bet you couldn't.

• 1Garbage

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
khorum:
Noone here made Manveer Heir the lead creative writer for a triple-AAA Bioware game, and noone here made him inject his SJW shit all over a hobby everyone here enjoys.

You can keep telling yourself this, but you and the vocal anti-SJW crew absolutely played a role in those decisions being made.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Triggered
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 2 users

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Having been in my fair share of trans chats on Kik, met a solid handful of trannies irl and been to two conferences where 100+ trannies convened, I can absolutely assure you that the stats are correct: most aren't just suffering from GD... there is a high rate of depression, autism, bipolar, and even multiple personality. I cannot be certain why this is, but I have a theory that a fair portion are transtrenders... it seems like "being trans" in a post-Caitlyn (she's not the root cause or being emulated imo, but it WAS a social mile marker) is the equivalent to being punk / emo / goth a decade or two ago. It has reached a pivotal sweet spot in that it is common enough to not be completely ostracized in society, yet still weird enough and socially faux-pas enough to be edgy and fringe. Also, as far as how this links to the other mental issues, it could be a number of ways sufferers could latch onto it for benefit: providing a reason for being different to begin with (autism); something to fixate on (autism); something they think will make them happy (depression); an explanation for their manifestations of personalities through the host (MP), attributing the light and dark mood swings to a more convenient binary explanation -- i.e. it's my female self being dominant when I'm positive (bipolar). I'm just tossing out the line here... I honestly am only speculating.

The high indicator and/or red flag that this is a trend, to me, is the fact that the vast majority of non-binary transgender people are young (and ugly, but that's just being mean). It's bad enough explaining to people what GD is and being a transsexual (take it from me: this IS the fundamental, primal form of transgenderism, and the form that will be provable by science), but then you have these other clowns hijacking the trans-flag and demanding their zhe/zhey pronouns be respected and twisting the public opinion of what transgenderism really is. Ugh... fucking frustrating. I could go on for hours over this bullshit, but I'll spare you all my rant soapbox and just stop here.

I will say this though: I am very very much looking forward to the future of transgenderism in the world. My big prediction? By 2030, the rate of which individuals who identify as transgender will decrease noticeably.

• 6Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

khalid

Unelected Mod
it seems like "being trans" in a post-Caitlyn (she's not the root cause or being emulated imo, but it WAS a social mile marker) is the equivalent to being punk / emo / goth a decade or two ago.

Only ever had two transgender students in any of my classes, one of them was a goth when I had them as a student some years ago. This semester they show up to my class with their hair as a goth, lipstick, etc, but wearing fishnet stockings and heels and with a new name. So definitely seems to fit what I have seen amongst some.

Status
Not open for further replies.