Tanoomba's Toxic Tank of Traducement

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Here is the official place to discuss things with Tanoomba Tanoomba .

Since Tanoomba is likely the most toxic poster on these boards, with toxic defined as: no matter what position he takes, people will come along to fling shit at him due to his well-earned reputation as a disingenuous promoter of fallacious arguments and sophistry.

This thread can then be thought of as a walled off dump of toxic sludge, with a horrible mutated monster living in it that should never ever be engaged with. For some reason however, people will from time to time think that they have dropped something that needs to be retrieved into this walled off area, and venture too close to the awful, bubbling slime. This inevitably leads to the creature emerging and doing its best to cover the unfortunate victim in repugnant scum.

Be warned all who enter here, no good can come from your actions!

PS: FIRST

PPS:
:emoji_fork_knife_plate::emoji_poop::emoji_coffin::emoji_gay_pride_flag:

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
oh shit you can't edit in the Rickshaw. lame.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
4Z5ZR8v.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 2Dislike
  • 1Haram
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
fanaskin fanaskin

subjective viewpoint is unconformable by others for the most part yeah.
OK, so we got your stance. That's step 1.

Step 2: Do you deny that studies show there is a strong likelihood there are biological factors behind transgenderism?

• 1Garbage

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
jesus christ Skanda Skanda , even in the Rickshaw's outhouse shit like that should be NSFWd.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Tanoomba Tanoomba . Honest question, how many times do you think its sane to be rephrasing your point of view at people not agreeing with you?

For me it's probably two or three, at that point you've not made it any clearer and you are not changing minds. Why bother?

khalid

Unelected Mod
Tanoomba Tanoomba . Honest question, how many times do you think its sane to be rephrasing your point of view at people not agreeing with you?

For me it's probably two or three, at that point you've not made it any clearer and you are not changing minds. Why bother?

I think this is a fair criticism and it would be nice if Tanoomba would not reply to quite as many people. On the other hand, look at all the people coming out of the woodwork to attack every post he makes even when it is a reasonable one.

As for the thread, I don't think the thread deserves to be or should be simply this:

so we can now get back to the serious business of shitting on SJW's uninterrupted.

That isn't a discussion and it isn't really interesting to me. I was actually enjoying the conversation in that thread until it was stopped.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I was actually enjoying the conversation in that thread until it was stopped.

You mean the same conversation we've had AT LEAST five separate times in that same thread, including as recent as Nov 2017?

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
I think this is a fair criticism and it would be nice if Tanoomba would not reply to quite as many people. On the other hand, look at all the people coming out of the woodwork to attack every post he makes even when it is a reasonable one.

I got that treatment the other month when I said that cops could shoot mentally ill trans people with knives in the leg instead of going for a killshot in the chest.

When that many people are shitting on you, the responce is either to tell them that they are all retarded and back off or "oh I've made a terrible mistake" (which is what I went with after trying to clarify myself once or twice).

Tanoomba just posts ever larger walls of text until he is banned. He's got a problem.

• 1Like

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Correlation means nothing
They tested transgendered people and found that their brains bore physical similarities to the genders they identified as instead. They also found that trans people biologically reacted to a specific scent the way their identified gender would.

You can't use "feelings" to change the physical shape of your brain. You can't use "feelings" to choose your biological reaction to a scent.

Strong correlations are what science is built on. You observe patterns, guess why they occur, and do tests to see if your theory pans out. We haven't reached the finish line as far as transgenderism is concerned, but so far the patterns and tests are leaning heavily toward there being a biological factor behind it.

Is it possible they're just observing multiple correlations that have alternate explanations completely unrelated to transgenderism? Sure. What's your guess? Have any alternate hypotheses even been proposed by anyone at this point? Do you think it's just a coincidence?

• 1Garbage

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
They tested transgendered people and found that their brains bore physical similarities to the genders they identified as instead. They also found that trans people biologically reacted to a specific scent the way their identified gender would.

You can't use "feelings" to change the physical shape of your brain. You can't use "feelings" to choose your biological reaction to a scent.

Strong correlations are what science is built on. You observe patterns, guess why they occur, and do tests to see if your theory pans out. We haven't reached the finish line as far as transgenderism is concerned, but so far the patterns and tests are leaning heavily toward there being a biological factor behind it.

Is it possible they're just observing multiple correlations that have alternate explanations completely unrelated to transgenderism? Sure. What's your guess? Have any alternate hypotheses even been proposed by anyone at this point? Do you think it's just a coincidence?
Links to actual peer reviewed papers for such studies?

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>

Because he has potential. He has a curious mind and makes an effort to post insightful content. When he fails, he's always willing to try again. He enjoys being challenged and he deserves to be challenged. I enjoy engaging him and the satisfaction of sparring far outweighs the frustration of when he gets silly. We're both getting something out of it or we wouldn't be doing it.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>

Correlation does not imply causation - Wikipedia

Status
Not open for further replies.