Taxes

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
As stated above, you can fill out everything on TurboTax without actually paying for it. Wouldn't hurt to take the time to go through the whole process to see if it can do it for you.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Elurin you are making it way more complicated than it is =P I should imagine Turbo Tax can handle this.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
turbo tax is great

How I feel every year doing taxes:
tumblr_m27z329S401qkp3qu.gif

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Bro come on.

Here's how I feel when I get my refund. (If any, fucking Obama)

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Elurin you are making it way more complicated than it is =P I should imagine Turbo Tax can handle this.
I don't think I am. I went through TurboTax, but haven't done state. It does give you an estimate as you go through, and it says I owe a fuckton of money to Illinois. Basically, it's taking all my income from California and saying I didn't pay any state tax on it. But I did...to California.

It also wants to charge $27.99 PER state return. So fuck that. I'll just wing it and the states can figure it out.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Turbo Tax charges everyone for state returns I think, unless I'm just a sucker. The federal return is free.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Anyone familiar with putting in wrong information for your direct deposit? I put in checking but used my savings account #. I read online that they will mail you a check when it gets kicked back to them that the direct deposit didnt work... Only problem is I should have received the direct deposit on 2/18/13 and haven't heard anything.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Sucky. Don't hold your breathe, it can take a while to reach you. 12 days is nothing bro.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Read today the IRS is not even processing returns till March 1st (today) that had a number of forms with it and one of those was mortgage interest.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Read today the IRS is not even processing returns till March 1st (today) that had a number of forms with it and one of those was mortgage interest.
Yes, depending on which forms you used your return might not be processed as soon as others. Those people who claimed the Lifetime Learning Credit (such as myself) had to wait until mid-February for their returns to be processed. It doesn't surprise me that other forms would be part of a second batch of delays.

FYI you can check the status of your refund here:https://sa1.www4.irs.gov/irfof/lang/...fgetstatus.jsp

It's quite accurate, I'd been following mine since the day after I submitted it and I received it on exactly the day that website said I would.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
yeah i got mine 2 weeks ago. just use taxactonline.com that shit is already to go. Also i am not a shill!

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Sucky. Don't hold your breathe, it can take a while to reach you. 12 days is nothing bro.
It was filed on the 6th. Sent on the 13th. Supposed to be received on the 18th. Yea 12 days is nothing... just hoping to have it before April at this point.

Soriak_sl

shitlord
I amstillmissing one of my W-2s. My employer had incorrectly withheld FICA taxes (which I don't have to pay as a non-resident). That's going to be fun to resolve.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
The list that was delayed till March 1st had about 25 forms on it, most of them I had never heard of. The home mortgage credit was on that list so I don't know what the deal is if you already got a refund with it.

Because of the delays at the start of the season it has pushed everyone trying to get CPA work done into a smaller window. I'm still waiting on one 1099. Doesn't matter to me personally as long as my CPA gets it all done before the filing date. Haven't had a refune in over 20 years.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
The list that was delayed till March 1st had about 25 forms on it, most of them I had never heard of. The home mortgage credit was on that list so I don't know what the deal is if you already got a refund with it.

Because of the delays at the start of the season it has pushed everyone trying to get CPA work done into a smaller window. I'm still waiting on one 1099. Doesn't matter to me personally as long as my CPA gets it all done before the filing date. Haven't had a refune in over 20 years.
Already got my return too, and definitely had mortgage interest, as well as school credits for the wife.

There was no delay, at all.