Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 1 Vote
Title: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Genre: Action & Adventure, Animation, Kids, Sci-Fi & Fantasy

First aired: 2012-09-28

Creator: Kevin Eastman, Peter Laird

Cast: Mark Hamill, Greg Cipes, Hoon Lee, Mae Whitman, Rob Paulsen, Jason Biggs, Josh Peck, Sean Astin

Overview: The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are back in an all-new animated series on Nickelodeon! Surfacing topside for the first time on their fifteenth birthday, the titular turtles, Leonardo, Michelangelo, Raphael and Donatello, find that life out of the sewers isn't exactly what they thought it would be. Now the turtles must work together as a team to take on new enemies that arise to take over New York City.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I got my kid started on the old cartoon, and then we found this on Hulu, and I'll be damned if it's not one of my absolute favorite cartoons to watch with my kid now. So many great cameo voice actors. Don't expect it to be a one for one of the original cartoon, they change a lot of stuff, and some of the old characters reimaginings take a moment to get use to, a couple here and there don't work, but YMMV. Can't believe there wasn't a post about this already.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The TMNT (2007) animated movie had a similar amount of notable voice actors since the franchise was still a classic back before the Megan Fox version. They had Patrick Stewart, Chris Evans, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Laurence Fishburne, Ziyi Zhang (Crouching Tiger + House of Flying Daggers) for Karai and Mako (original Aku voice and the Uncle from Avatar: Last Airbender) as Splinter, hell even Kevin Smith had a cameo.

I think the lower end 3D instead of traditional cartoon animated turned off the older audiences, either you go top end trying for more mature viewers on Cartoon Network or it's stuck on Nick and Disney channels only for the kids.

Nysus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yep this whole series is really good. They just canceled it for a reboot though. Teen Titans Go is also another favorite!

• 1Like

Malakriss

I just saw the trailer for the upcoming reboot and feel i need to actually watch the 2012 series to eye bleach whatever the hell i just saw.

DO NOT WATCH THE 2018 TRAILER. YOU ARE WARNED.B

Qhue

Trump's Staff

Had to watch it a couple times just to follow what the everliving fuck was going on.

Malakriss

Nickelodeon brought the franchise to life again in 2012 with the CG-animated series Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and then reimagined the Heroes in a Half-Shell with the 2D-animated series Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles last year. As previously announced, as part of a separate deal, Nickelodeon and Netflix are partnering to produce an original animated 2D film based on the current Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series.

Well i will watch precisely one of these and not the other.

Siliconemelons

The 2012 one was actually good, and I was a YUGE fan as a kid of the OG animation and movies... it was not a complete bastardization (surprising) of the franchise ... but this "2d" one....

• 1Like
TV show information provided by The Movie Database