Tenet (2020)

Izo

Tranny Chaser
The arguing makes me glad that I bumped this thread after being inactive for over a year. I plan on watching the movie maybe over the weekend.
You Lose Love Game GIF by Universal Music Africa

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Reverse dropping isn't a thing. It's a phrase you cobbled together to try to explain what he does, while at the same time refusing to define it. I asked you to explain what it means and you resort to insults instead. You claim the movie spells it out, when I've already pointed out that it clearly doesn't, it's just lazy handwaving.

Continuing this argument is pointless, since you can't even admit the possibility that your head canon might be wrong.

Next time, just say you're not smart enough to follow a grown up and you can save everyone a lot of time

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Did we actually link the scene so we can all reference it?

Here's a YouTube commenter:

4:14 This is what the Tenet scientist (Barbara) says to the Protagonist in her facility. After a 3rd viewing of the film, I’m now convinced that all the inverted material in her lab and archive room with the countless drawers are remnants and debris (the detritus) taken from the battle of Stalsk-12 between the Tenet team and Sator’s army. Even the target wall he shoots at looks to be a bullet-ridden wall fragment from Stalsk-12. This would all make sense as the battle has already happened at this point (happens on the 14th, the same day as Opera and Sator’s final day on his yacht in Vietnam) when the earlier version of the Protagonist is getting his training and being recruited. So the future Protagonist delivers these remains to the Tenet facility so his earlier self can learn about inversion and about the war that lies ahead (even though it already happened—it plays a part in his past development. So paradoxical.)
Here's another YouTube comment:

“Don’t try to under stand it, just feel it.” That’s what I feel like this movie wanted me to experience but sorry, don’t work that way.

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
I still wanna know how/why/where there was a wrecked car before it reverse crashed into a functional one again (from a normal time perspective).

Was there just a car wreck lying around on a major highway for a couple of decades, slowly un-rusting and un-degrading until it got to the reverse crash? Did someone carry a crashed car to the highway and (reverse-)dropped(c) it into traffic so it could reverse-crash? Or was there an entire reversed road-service-and-maintenance crew doing highway works and having (reverse-)smokes for a few hours prior to the chase (from a real-time perspective) that nobody noticed?

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I still wanna know how/why/where there was a wrecked car before it reverse crashed into a functional one again (from a normal time perspective).

Was there just a car wreck lying around on a major highway for a couple of decades, slowly un-rusting and un-degrading until it got to the reverse crash? Did someone carry a crashed car to the highway and (reverse-)dropped(c) it into traffic so it could reverse-crash? Or was there an entire reversed road-service-and-maintenance crew doing highway works and having (reverse-)smokes for a few hours prior to the chase (from a real-time perspective) that nobody noticed?

T E N E T has awesome scenes but is an editing mess with questionable production choices therefore inconsistencies happen.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I've never actually watched this. Is it worth watching?

It's got some problems but it is worth a watch. It's well shot, well acted, some very expensive practical effects, all that jazz. This is also the movie that was going to bring the moviegoer back to the cinema after covid stuck giving it a little bit of bonus context.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
T E N E T has awesome scenes but is an editing mess with questionable production choices therefore inconsistencies happen.
It requires just accepting "time travel movie" at some points and enjoying it for what it is.

Inverter car chase sounded great on the storyboard but they should have said "it just can't be filmed properly and it's a story mess".

All the inversion shit should have been limited to people, guns etc. like in the opera house.

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I forgive Nolan a lot of shit. He’s the only one really “trying” in blockbuster land now. Maybe Villanueve?

Rest of it is focus group derivative trash. Partly why I lost a desire for what was my secondary hobby.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

If you're talking about the inverted car, it would have reverse crashed and then gone backwards through the inversion machine. Not sure what you mean by "decades"

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
If you're talking about the inverted car, it would have reverse crashed and then gone backwards through the inversion machine. Not sure what you mean by "decades"

So people carried the wreck through an inversion machine? Obviously the "pre-crash" car from the "car's perspective" was inverted. But what happened to it going back in time after it crashed (i.e. before the crash from a non-inverted perspective).

1. October - Car is inverted in the inversion machine
2. September - inverted Car crashes on the highway in the chase
3. August - There would be an inverted wreck just lying there on a major highway
4. Juli - See above
5. June - See above
6. May - See above

227. May 20 years earlier - See above

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
So people carried the wreck through an inversion machine? Obviously the "pre-crash" car from the "car's perspective" was inverted. But what happened to it going back in time after it crashed (i.e. before the crash from a non-inverted perspective).

1. October - Car is inverted in the inversion machine
2. September - inverted Car crashes on the highway in the chase
3. August - There would be an inverted wreck just lying there on a major highway
4. Juli - See above
5. June - See above
6. May - See above

227. May 20 years earlier - See above

From that perspective it does fall apart. Just like how the bullet holes in the glass at the airport must have always existed

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I think it's odd that Nolan doesn't have a smartphone but does have a Peloton.

• 1Worf