Tennis

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Djokovic basically on the cusp of becoming the undisputed greatest of all time, can cap off the year with a Grand Slam and take over the lead in Major wins at the same time with a victory at the US Open.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
who the fuck watches men's tennis? It's so boring as fuck. Think about this. The big three have 60 grand slams total. That's full 15 years worth.

Merrith

who the fuck watches men's tennis? It's so boring as fuck. Think about this. The big three have 60 grand slams total. That's full 15 years worth.

Right, who would want to watch a sport where you can actually see the best 3 players of all time play in a single era against one another. "Boring".

Merrith

Fed needs a 3rd knee surgery. 3rd best all time confirmed as Djoker and Nadal will pass.

Zzen

Potato del Grande
Holy shit Brooksby is such an insufferable twat.

How does any self-respecting man grunt like that on the court? Disgrazia.

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
Djokovic basically on the cusp of becoming the undisputed greatest of all time, can cap off the year with a Grand Slam and take over the lead in Major wins at the same time with a victory at the US Open.
But can you really count it? Yes, it counts, but he wasn't up against Federer or Nadal, Nadal's knees get fucked up on hard courts anyways. So most likely would have been Fed vs Djoker. We will see if anybody can step up and take the Serbian out. Only a few have done it in majors and they are not there this time. Wow, Russian tanks just took it to Serbia's ass!

Merrith

But can you really count it? Yes, it counts, but he wasn't up against Federer or Nadal, Nadal's knees get fucked up on hard courts anyways. So most likely would have been Fed vs Djoker. We will see if anybody can step up and take the Serbian out. Only a few have done it in majors and they are not there this time. Wow, Russian tanks just took it to Serbia's ass!

yeah, it would have still counted

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Szlia

A title is a title is a title. You can only beat the people that are on the other side of the net and it's futile to try and estimate how unfavorable or unfavorable circumstances were. A draw that opens up can mean facing a journeyman on a hot streak and also comes with an added burden of expectation (a good example of this is Nadal losing to Soderling at the French and right after Djokovic getting ousted by Kolhschreiber and Federer barely escaping his match against Haas), hot weather that suits some play styles can also wear the players down, having a walk over one round can mess with the rhythm players find through a tournament, etc.

In these times of COVID, what could be argued though is things like "weeks at N°1" when you have frozen rankings, canceled events, ranking over the past two years instead of one, etc.

When discussing who is the GOAT, I also feel like it's more than a matter of stats. It's a matter of esthetics and philosophy. Djokovic is probably the best ever at not losing, but, for my money, that does not make him the GOAT, even if he win another 5 Slams (which seems very unlikely considering what we saw today - in case you missed it, he liquefied facing an unflappable Mevedev and lost in three sets).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
I agree, I know Nadal has had great draws at the French Open, just like Novak at the Aussie Open and Federer for grass and hard courts until Nadal came along, then the Serbian came along to form the big 3. Out of all 3, Nadal is my favorite, just because we share a birthday and that Richard Mille Watch is banging! Federer had his first couple of years without strong competition(Nadal), I mean there wasn't anybody on Fed's level until Nadal step his game up and got a little older, and he is a magician on clay.

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, he just melted away, Medvedev has done well in tennis since serving as a puppet prime minster for Russia :p

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, he just melted away, Medvedev has done well in tennis since serving as a puppet prime minister for Russia :p In all seriousness Novak seems to own the Aussie, Nadal seems to own the French, Fed for Wimbledon, Fed and Djoker = on US open hard court. Nadal's knees are just giving out on him unfortunate for himself.

A title is a title is a title. You can only beat the people that are on the other side of the net and it's futile to try and estimate how unfavorable or unfavorable circumstances were. A draw that opens up can mean facing a journeyman on a hot streak and also comes with an added burden of expectation (a good example of this is Nadal losing to Soderling at the French and right after Djokovic getting ousted by Kolhschreiber and Federer barely escaping his match against Haas), hot weather that suits some play styles can also wear the players down, having a walk over one round can mess with the rhythm players find through a tournament, etc.

In these times of COVID, what could be argued though is things like "weeks at N°1" when you have frozen rankings, canceled events, ranking over the past two years instead of one, etc.

When discussing who is the GOAT, I also feel like it's more than a matter of stats. It's a matter of esthetics and philosophy. Djokovic is probably the best ever at not losing, but, for my money, that does not make him the GOAT, even if he win another 5 Slams (which seems very unlikely considering what we saw today - in case you missed it, he liquefied facing an unflappable Mevedev and lost in three sets).

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>

Also, I will not debate you on Tennis, you are the tennis Guru on this site. Never played Tennis but I do enjoy watching it. Obviously, it is better when you are rooting for a specific person.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Alcaraz is the next gen, there's no doubt about it. Him and Sinner are gonna go places. Alcaraz has the whole package, his game is on point anywhere on the court and after yesterday he proved he has mental fortitude as well.

Can't wait to see where it goes from there, especially since Novak is still extremely strong and Medvedev has been doing really well.

Tsitsipas and Zverev seem to have faded a bit in 2022, but i wouldn't count them.

I wish Kyrgios took this shit seriously and didn't get in his own head so much, so much fucking talent on that man.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
The guy on the bike next to me at physical therapy this morning was talking how happy he was that Djokovic lost. Happy because of COVID. "He deserves it"

Leon

<Silver Donator>
The guy on the bike next to me at physical therapy this morning was talking how happy he was that Djokovic lost. Happy because of COVID. "He deserves it"
i"m sure the same faggot is probably happy Russian players are banned from wimbledon.

There's no cure for being a cunt.

Araxen

It's a sad day. Roger retired.

sdjrq5ywv0o91.jpg

Zzen

Potato del Grande
Welp, and least the GOAT debate has finally been settled.

• 1Like

Leaton

Trakanon Raider
Congratulations to Jannik Skinner for a great comeback from 2 sets down 👏

I also think we will be seeing a lot more of Sabalenka in the next 5 years.

Would be surprised if Djokovic wins more than one Slam this year.

I feel that he is fading fast, coupled with the rise of Skinner and Alcaraz, that Djokovic won’t be able to win any more gland slams starting next year.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity