TERA

Parallel45

Silver Knight of the Realm
I want to play it but it's NCSoft/The people who killed CoX;
You might be confusing Tera for Blade and Soul. There were a lot of conspiracy theories from CoX players that NCsoft shut it down because BnS was announced around that time.

Strangely enough, the current conspiracy theory is that NCsoft is delaying the US release of BnS because of Wildstar. Go figure.

Kaljin

N00b
You might be confusing Tera for Blade and Soul. There were a lot of conspiracy theories from CoX players that NCsoft shut it down because BnS was announced around that time.

Strangely enough, the current conspiracy theory is that NCsoft is delaying the US release of BnS because of Wildstar. Go figure.
Correct! I don't know why I was thinking Bluehole was NCsoft? :O

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Correct! I don't know why I was thinking Bluehole was NCsoft? :O
Because it was founded by former NCsoft employees and such? Easy mistake to make, especially given the convictions in Korea, subsequent lawsuits in the States against both Bluehole and EME, etc.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
kaljin was thinking that all koreans look alike so all korean developers must also be alike.

racist.

just kidding. is this game dead yet.

Parallel45

Silver Knight of the Realm
Just for giggles I might install this.. Found a youtube with directions:

HOW TO DOWNLOAD / PLAY: Blade and Soul - YouTube
I'm so bored with current MMOs atm, I will probably do the same. Apparently the CN version doesn't have any region locking or require a KSSN or anything. Might as well give it a try. Is there a BnS thread on this forum (search didn't find one)?

As far as Tera being dead, I have no idea. The last I logged in was a month ago and it still seemed decently populated with shitloads of people wearing the latest cash shop costumes. I assume EME is making enough money in FTP mode to at least stay in the black.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fyi, the CN Blade & Soul doesn't like Windows 8 much, the is a fix for it, but doesn't seem reliable. A good source of info about the game is at the Blade & Soul Dojo forums.

Kaljin

N00b
kaljin was thinking that all koreans look alike so all korean developers must also be alike.

racist.

just kidding. is this game dead yet.
I LOL'ed
cool.png

Nah the game actually has a good population of players... I play it off & on just to mix things up. They did remove Vanarchs tho'
frown.png
I do miss Nagafen with Oloh leading the charges - good times.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Removing the Vanarchy was one of the dumbest moves ever. It was neat.

spronk

FPS noob
Nah the game actually has a good population of players... I play it off & on just to mix things up. They did remove Vanarchs tho'
frown.png
I do miss Nagafen with Oloh leading the charges - good times.
awww, no more vanarchs? good times indeed, i guess the red horses were vanarch horses?
rrr_img_58324.jpg

Oloh_sl

shitlord
Good times:

First Vanarch victory
rrr_img_58325.jpg

Second Vanarch victory
rrr_img_58326.jpg

Cant dig up a picture of the third while at work, but here is us flexing our muscle at the Nexus. We wrecked fools.
rrr_img_58327.jpg

Was solid political/pvp victory for the first 6 months or so of a pretty cool game. I hope another game comes along that is good enough to rally a force from these boards.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
gunna roll as casual. restarting as warrior and maybe dark elin when it comes out. imma be da best.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
if you bros gonna play BnS let me know, im on the most populated server for English speakers, lvl 45 all that good stuff, can explain most of the game and help you guys out.

Region: ????
Server: ???

name in game is fayth

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Guess I'll have to pick a class to delete to try this one.

The mid-range combat looks interesting, in a not-an-archer-therefore-not-boring-as-fuck kind of way.

TERA brings out the Reaper | Massively

TERA brings out the Reaper
TERA
Today's patch for TERA is bringing a brand-new class in a pint-sized package: the Reaper.

Patch 26.04's star attraction is the new Reaper class, which only becomes available once a player hits level 40 with at least one character (And yes, there's an achievement to be the very first Reaper on any given server. Make us proud, Massively readers!). The Reaper is a leather-wearing, Elin-exclusive class that does mid-range damage with a scythe. It utilizes chains and combos extensively to do its DPS work.

The patch also contains the new Reaper starting area of Ashen Hope, a big revamp to the crafting system, a production system, and an update to glyphs and the skills UI. It's a two gig patch, so you'll want to familiarize yourself with all of the ins and outs of the patch notes before you log in