TERA

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Pedo-reaper only eh? Silly. Probably could only afford to do animations for only one race. So they picked the worst one.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Pedo-reaper only eh? Silly. Probably could only afford to do animations for only one race. So they picked the worst one.
Doesn't everyone go Elin anyway? Smallest race with the longest melee range or some absurd shit like that?

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Nah, look it up. Elin are the melee race of choice. Their animations give them the longest reach with weapons.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I tried this again, and started a reaver just for fun. It looks like a fun class.

I had forgotten how much I dislike animation locking. After one evening of it, I'm done
smile.png

Parallel45

Silver Knight of the Realm
Embrace your inner loli. The new class is actually a lot of fun. The combat animations and fluidity is still top notch. For fucks sake why won't some western MMO developers copy this combat system.

I've never understood the complaints about animation lock. Tons of games do this. If you hate animation lock, then you must hate every 3rd person action game (DMC, Dark Souls, GoW, etc) as well as every fighting game. Understanding animation lock time, key frames, and what can be cancelled is all part of the balance of the game. I.e. heavy attacks have longer animation lock and leave you vulnerable so you can be punished if not used wisely, etc.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You sure? When I google Elin, I get a warning from the FBI.
You know, you sound like the guy who make's sure he makes fun of every gay guy around, is loud about it and repeats it over and over but in the end is actually in the closet.

You're safe here Draegan, I mean we already have trollface and some others, what's one more.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Embrace your inner loli. The new class is actually a lot of fun. The combat animations and fluidity is still top notch. For fucks sake why won't some western MMO developers copy this combat system.

I've never understood the complaints about animation lock. Tons of games do this. If you hate animation lock, then you must hate every 3rd person action game (DMC, Dark Souls, GoW, etc) as well as every fighting game. Understanding animation lock time, key frames, and what can be cancelled is all part of the balance of the game. I.e. heavy attacks have longer animation lock and leave you vulnerable so you can be punished if not used wisely, etc.
I can't answer for everybody, but for me animation make the combat feels "unresponsive".

I hit movement keys, and my character doesn't move...or even turn.

I understand the subtleties of the system, I just hate when a game doesn't respond to my input...for me animation lock is the same as having games that have laggy input when you hit ability keys that games get so wrong so often.

The game has been out 3 years, and it's combat heralded by many as the best of any MMO...yet nobody has copied it...not in NA, and to my(limited) knowledge not even in Korea...and there must be a reason for that.

We've seen a few games that seem to have been inspired by it's more action feel than traditional tab-targeting but they seem to have removed the animation locking aspect of it.

Oh, I did enjoy the game enough without the animation lock btw...I have a level 52, 44, 36, and 2 in their 20's.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
You know, you sound like the guy who make's sure he makes fun of every gay guy around, is loud about it and repeats it over and over but in the end is actually in the closet.

You're safe here Draegan, I mean we already have trollface and some others, what's one more.
elin is disgusting.

people play elin for some advantage. smaller character probably means smaller places to hit. more dodgy. that's what i heard when I played this game for four months and some.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
elin is disgusting.

people play elin for some advantage. smaller character probably means smaller places to hit. more dodgy. that's what i heard when I played this game for four months and some.

It differs for different classes. Super weird system in TERA.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Heh, that video. When they were testing lances, dude is like, ha, elin wins. Other dude says "ok, we're killing you" then they all slaughter him with lances.

I know, I need to get out more.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
think ive seen that video somewhere. There are some race inherent advantages. For instance, castanics had I think more critical hit chance. Amani had more HP and shit. Really hard to find and hit elin in a scourge of zerg pvp.

Cybsled

think ive seen that video somewhere. There are some race inherent advantages. For instance, castanics had I think more critical hit chance. Amani had more HP and shit. Really hard to find and hit elin in a scourge of zerg pvp.
High Elves have the best chest...I'm pretty sure that is their racial advantage.