Terrible & appealing invention ideas

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Ok, this might just be an awesome one but somehow it'll lead to horrible things. They have antishark wetsuits that can stop a shark bite, but not the crushing obviously. Knife attacks or people being threatened with machetes are increasingly common. Historically there was chainmail or other types of armor to defend against this type of attack. Something like
1a9a9da2b30931aaa0ed4f1bd193dcaf.jpeg

Why couldn't we have good anti knife attack clothing, especially for the off arm to give our primary arm time to grab our own weapon and attack. The wetsuit material looks good enough that you could even justify (not sure how it is in hot weather) having a long sleeve shirt with a collar made of it.

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ok, this might just be an awesome one but somehow it'll lead to horrible things. They have antishark wetsuits that can stop a shark bite, but not the crushing obviously. Knife attacks or people being threatened with machetes are increasingly common. Historically there was chainmail or other types of armor to defend against this type of attack. Something like View attachment 498507

Why couldn't we have good anti knife attack clothing, especially for the off arm to give our primary arm time to grab our own weapon and attack. The wetsuit material looks good enough that you could even justify (not sure how it is in hot weather) having a long sleeve shirt with a collar made of it.
Amazon got you:
1699053270864.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wasted my time looking into this, basically the shirt is worthless against stabbing. It works a bit against slashing. My idea is still on the table!

Decades ago, I worked in a spot with one of the giant deli slicers, and you were supposed to use some sort of a cut-resistant glove when using it. Assuming that it worked as intended and could keep that machine from turning your hands into deli slices (not my job luckily, so I never tested it), I would think it should work like a champ against any sort of slash. Not sure about the stabbing part.

Kais

<Gold Donor>
Really anything that gives when pressed (any cloth or woven type product) isn't going to help much vs stabs. May not pierce the product but you certainly get blunt force in a very focused area that can cause terrible damage.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Decades ago, I worked in a spot with one of the giant deli slicers, and you were supposed to use some sort of a cut-resistant glove when using it. Assuming that it worked as intended and could keep that machine from turning your hands into deli slices (not my job luckily, so I never tested it), I would think it should work like a champ against any sort of slash. Not sure about the stabbing part.
I was making coleslaw last week with a mandolin slicer and a tiny slice of my fingertip went into the coleslaw and could not be found. I didn't tell our guests that one of them probably ate a little bit of my finger for lunch.

• 3Worf
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 3 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
An additional function to add to the aftermarket bidets: a spray/spritzer thing that sprays some sort of chemical on the water surface after the bowl fills back up post-flush. The chemical will create a very thin film on the surface of the water so that the next time someone releases a kraken, they don't get a splash of water tickling their taint when it falls.

This idea came about because I always put a little TP in the bowl before I deuce in public bathrooms so I don't get splashed with disgusting water.

I imagine some sort of chemical that makes water coalesce/coagulate would wreak havoc on the septic system overall, but no price is too high to keep toilet water off my boys.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Handheld water jet. Either hand-pump, bike pump or with a high pressure air compressor (same options as PCP air rifles).

Wouldn't have to be a big reservoir. A 2sec to 5sec charge would be useful.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Handheld water jet. Either hand-pump, bike pump or with a high pressure air compressor (same options as PCP air rifles).

Wouldn't have to be a big reservoir. A 2sec to 5sec charge would be useful.
How is this different from...

article_20_img_05212017.jpg

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I had an idea for a TV show adaption of Captain Marvel. starring a much kinder Brie Larson, she plays a depowered version of Captain Marvel. she only has original Superman powers. not all the godmode level stuff they both have now. anyway, this TV show would have CM fighting local criminals every week and the secondary bad was a dude with mild super powered abilities. his name was Colossus, not the Marvel Colossus, i didnt know there was a marvel character with that name til i googled it. he was also CM's love interest . neither knew the other was their sworn enemy because both wore masks.they would face off every few episodes in a big ole slugfest. CM would do karaoke every friday night after work . i think i had her work for the city in some way. this is where she met the secondary villain of the series. i outlined the entire season, down to the main villain and his crazy neonazi girlfriend having a big showdown in his lair with CM and her bf for the final episode, who team up after much drama . was cheesy good stuff to think about. i would actually write the thing if i thought anyone would be interested in it.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I had an idea for a TV show adaption of Captain Marvel. starring a much kinder Brie Larson, she plays a depowered version of Captain Marvel. she only has original Superman powers. not all the godmode level stuff they both have now. anyway, this TV show would have CM fighting local criminals every week and the secondary bad was a dude with mild super powered abilities. his name was Colossus, not the Marvel Colossus, i didnt know there was a marvel character with that name til i googled it. he was also CM's love interest . neither knew the other was their sworn enemy because both wore masks.they would face off every few episodes in a big ole slugfest. CM would do karaoke every friday night after work . i think i had her work for the city in some way. this is where she met the secondary villain of the series. i outlined the entire season, down to the main villain and his crazy neonazi girlfriend having a big showdown in his lair with CM and her bf for the final episode, who team up after much drama . was cheesy good stuff to think about. i would actually write the thing if i thought anyone would be interested in it.

Are you off your meds?