Tetris (2023)

kroenen

Regimen Morum
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Tetris (2023)

Genre: History, Drama

Director: Jon S. Baird

Cast: Taron Egerton, Nikita Efremov, Sofia Lebedeva, Anthony Boyle, Ben Miles, Ken Yamamura, Igor Grabuzov, Oleg Shtefanko, Ayane Nagabuchi, Rick Yune, Roger Allam, Toby Jones, Ieva Andrejevaitė, Matthew Marsh, Togo Igawa, Miles Barrow, Aaron Vodovoz, Polina Sulim

Release: 2023-03-15

Runtime: 120

Plot: In 1988, American video game salesman Henk Rogers discovers the video game Tetris . When he sets out to bring the game to the world, he enters a dangerous web of lies and corruption behind the Iron Curtain.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I expected this to be based on the game Tetris, a la Battleship, Need for Speed, etc. I'm glad it's not.

The Gaming Historian did an amazing documentary on Tetris if you're interested in learning the true story before seeing this dramatized one.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Definitely thought this was gonna be an Emoji/Angry Birds type of movie.

But it being Apple + and Taron Egerton, Ill watch it for sure.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
No way os this a better look at Russian video games than Police Academy 7

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
I expected this to be based on the game Tetris, a la Battleship, Need for Speed, etc. I'm glad it's not.

Definitely thought this was gonna be an Emoji/Angry Birds type of movie.

I am pretty sure in that time frame of those movies coming out, they announced they were gonna make a Sci-Fi tetris movie akin to Battleship, but thankfully nothing every came of it.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Finally got around to watching it. Kind of feels like it was something super mundane, but then they overdramatized it like crazy. I dunno, maybe some of it actually was that crazy?

The fun part to me is that one of the "villains" is Robert Maxwell, who is none other than Ghislaine Maxwell's dad.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Finally got around to watching it. Kind of feels like it was something super mundane, but then they overdramatized it like crazy. I dunno, maybe some of it actually was that crazy?

The fun part to me is that one of the "villains" is Robert Maxwell, who is none other than Ghislaine Maxwell's dad.

This is my take on this as well. Pretty much exactly.

The car chase at the end was also very.... huh?

Cybsled

I haven’t seen the movie yet, but I recall the history of Tetris early on was really convoluted on rights and as it became a financial success, more and more companies got involved and even the Soviet government.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I haven’t seen the movie yet, but I recall the history of Tetris early on was really convoluted on rights and as it became a financial success, more and more companies got involved and even the Soviet government.
I mean, that's essentially what the movie is. It's a movie about IP and worldwide distribution rights. Except it's somehow wrapped in something almost like a spy thriller.

It's bizarre.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The movie definitely feels like

"The story of Tetris is mildly fascinating, video games are super hot and mainstream now... let's spice this up and tell a story that is barely based in fact"

It probably would have been better if the story was told from the inventor's perspective instead.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

Tetris doesn't have a traditional ending like most single-player games – it's designed to run until the player loses. For decades, pro players thought they'd reached the theoretical end of the NES version – the agreed-upon regulation version of the game – but recent breakthroughs revolutionized high-level play and put the code's breaking point within reach.

Still makes me laugh how adamant Suineg was that vanilla FOH know just as much about vanilla wow in 2004 as private server players did in 2019. His ego couldn't accept that 15 years allowed players to constantly discover new things about the game.

The fact that after 40 years people are still inventing new techniques to master fucking Tetris just shows how retarded he was

Caliane

Still makes me laugh how adamant Suineg was that vanilla FOH know just as much about vanilla wow in 2004 as private server players did in 2019. His ego couldn't accept that 15 years allowed players to constantly discover new things about the game.

The fact that after 40 years people are still inventing new techniques to master fucking Tetris just shows how retarded he was
play the game till it crashes? well shit, I beat modern games all the time then it seems.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
That kid is never getting pussy.

apparently they use some "hyper tapping" technique "involving rapid finger vibrations" then they discovered the rolling technique which "involves bouncing the controller up and down in the player's hand and strumming it sort of like a guitar". I can't imagine how either of those methods would translate to pleasuring a woman.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I can't imagine how either of those methods would translate to pleasuring a woman.
easy, they just take all the money that they get as donations from the other autists, and the money they get from the government for being lazy unemployed slobs, and they spend it on onlyfans subscriptions and tips. pleasure received.

• 1Picard
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database