Texas Rising

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Has anyone been watching this? It's similar in style to the Sons of Liberty miniseries that History channel did last winter, although I don't think this is quite as good as that. Just like Sons of Liberty, I think this is taking a lot of liberties with the historical facts, but it's entertaining nonetheless. My biggest gripe is that they've added a lot of filler, some of which is good but a lot of which isn't interesting.

If you're into historical stuff it's definitely worth a watch, though. I also think that acting and production value are really high for a non-HBO network show. I really hope History channel continues to make these miniseries.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I've got it recorded. From what I hear, it's a good show, but the inaccuracies are ruining it for people who know anything about texas history. For instance, they showed one of the main ale characters as being a survivor of the alamo, and in reality it was like one woman and one slave who survived. I was excited that they were showing the Yellow Rose of Texas, but they're apparently fucking her story up pretty hard. They show her as being a slave, a lover of Sam Houston, and a survivor of the alamo.

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
The History Channel makes a show full of historical inaccuracies. Oh, the irony. I suppose they made it for the new age, where anything is a fact if you're outraged enough.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I guess its no more accurate than vikings, but at least with vikings theres an excuse that the history is ancient and sparse.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Next you're going to tell me that Pawn Stars isn't real.

Ome

Molten Core Raider
Saw the first two episodes of this and that was way more then I should have watched. Seeing a fat Brendan Frasier playing an Injun finally did me in. Lots of filler and lots of boring enjoy...

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
You have to know that pretty much any drama on History is not going to be very factual. That being said I'm enjoying it.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Saw the first two episodes of this and that was way more then I should have watched. Seeing a fat Brendan Frasier playing an Injun finally did me in. Lots of filler and lots of boring enjoy...
Brendan Frasier is probably the worst part of it for me. The man just cannot act, and I don't understand how he keeps getting roles.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I thought he peaked a couple years later with dudley do right.