TFO returns to Classic raiding for the summer

Nitsude_sl

shitlord
Our classic progression starts tomorrow --The Faceless Order Everquest Progression-- apply now so you dont miss out.

I'm glad you changed your mind kudos
wink.png

Nits, are you playing an Enchanter again for classic runs?
I've been gearing a warrior, but ill honestly play whatever we need.

kudos

<Banned>
I don't even think I'm going to be geared for classic raiding as I'm pretty sure it would take longer to farm gear than it would to raid the content and move on to kunark.

I am still looking for weapons though since fists are banned on monks.

Fiyero_sl

shitlord
I've been gearing a warrior, but ill honestly play whatever we need.
Cool. Been gearing up my rogue, leaning towards that as my main for now. Was considering cleric or enchanter if we need them, but not sure I want to do the CH chain thing again and Enchanters are buff bots in Velious.

Drade

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't even think I'm going to be geared for classic raiding as I'm pretty sure it would take longer to farm gear than it would to raid the content and move on to kunark.

I am still looking for weapons though since fists are banned on monks.
Farming gear for classic is a matter of /testbuff. Test buff items are copies of basic gear from vanilla. Only thing unusable is the weapons.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
Kunark opened up this week. Finished all the classic mobs at 50, including full sky clear. Been having a ton of fun with these guys.

Bruteforce_sl

shitlord
Only reason I dont go for this is too many people do everything the easy way.

Delevel,PL,copying items over,and then they sneak in a ton of clickies,augs,use mercs,and whatever else so really can never bemore than just hanging out while cheating old content pretty much heh

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Only reason I dont go for this is too many people do everything the easy way.

Delevel,PL,copying items over,and then they sneak in a ton of clickies,augs,use mercs,and whatever else so really can never bemore than just hanging out while cheating old content pretty much heh
ok, so the first three of your list were right. Other than the buddies part, the rest of your assumptions are wrong. If it's out of era like Mercs, clickies, augs. It's not there.

Drade

Lord Nagafen Raider
Vulak and most of Velious down. AoW and a couple other progression mobs are all that stand between us and Luclin. Recruitment is open, click the link in my signature if you're interested.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Here's a tip: don't grief high level players that have the capability to solo kill your progression guild's raid mobs. Just be glad I'm less of a dick than Slevan is.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Here's a tip: don't grief high level players that have the capability to solo kill your progression guild's raid mobs. Just be glad I'm less of a dick than Slevan is.
Sounds like someone's mad and trying to flex their e-peen in a 15 year old game. Good job, bro! What's next? A dance off to see who gets served?

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
I'm logging hundreds of hours of parses in an endeavor to recreate a more accurate resist algorithm for the emulators.

I was parsing a common EarthB mob at the zone in when Slevan zones in and kills it without making any attempt to communicate with me or stopping when I said something before the mob was killed. He then ignored my /say which indicated my disapproval. (also indicating I was not afk, which he later claimed)

I've seen several people zone in, kill the other mobs in the area, and open the door on the way to kill the Rathe Council while I was parsing that mob before, so I don't know if the door was actually locked or not. However it was amazingly rude either way. A simple 'hey man, the door won't open with that mob up, could you please kill it?' would have gotten what he wanted, assuming it was actually locked and unpickable (he's a rogue)

I'm logged in 12 hours a day and I still need to parse Luclin and PoP raid bosses if anybody else wants to motivate me to switch tasks.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
So you're threatening to grief a guild because a single person who happened to be a member of that guild has upset you?

We can't control the day to day actions of every single member we have.

If anything deal with it the way any other adult would. Block/ignore him. Report it to GM's and contact an officer in TFO to see if they can take organized action against the player.

Personally I've supported your goals for a while Torrid. Don't let one player color your views of an entire organization.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
As I said before, if one person was enough to do it, I'd have begun already. I was implying that additional responses like Tarisk's will only make it tempting. Ignoring someone doesn't make my mobs immune to his damage, either.

Just kind of disappointing that the worst experience I had on test was from a TFO.

Incidentally my baseline resist parses will be done soon (hopefully) and then I will need to begin killing raid bosses again anyway, so depending on how long you stay in Luclin, coordinating with me to avoid conflicts might be in both of our interests; although I generally only need to kill them once and I still need to go back to older content and do resist parses on all those targets. (but if they are down I'll check Luclin)

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
As I said before, if one person was enough to do it, I'd have begun already. I was implying that additional responses like Tarisk's will only make it tempting. Ignoring someone doesn't make my mobs immune to his damage, either.

Just kind of disappointing that the worst experience I had on test was from a TFO.

Incidentally my baseline resist parses will be done soon (hopefully) and then I will need to begin killing raid bosses again anyway, so depending on how long you stay in Luclin, coordinating with me to avoid conflicts might be in both of our interests; although I generally only need to kill them once and I still need to go back to older content and do resist parses on all those targets. (but if they are down I'll check Luclin)
You sure it was TFO? I just double checked our roster and we don't have someone in the guild by that name. The point in my response is it sounded like you were the one threatening some severe EQ equivalent of nuclear retaliation. But it's strange that you're blaming a guild for the actions of someone not even in that guild. I honestly just thought you were putting in a random gripe of an EQ incident in this thread, not about the guild.

Not only that, you had nothing to lead you into believing I was in TFO until this very post. However, just based on my response you said it led you into being tempted. I think you're jumping to quite a few conclusions here in error.