soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
77 is inferior to:

TalkingHeadsRemaininLight.jpg

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
the best Dio song is from the 1970s.

God that song is crazy good. I remember how it blew my mind the first time I heard it. I rushed out and bought the album right away, and was then blown away again by the story it tells basically from start to finish. I have for decades now jokingly said that Rock attained perfection in 1976 (the year this was released) and the older I get and the more I hear of modern music, I start to wonder just how much of a joke it is and how much is reality. When you go through top 10 or top 100 billboards of the 70s you see just how much good stuff is there, ranging from the entire scale of expertly played instruments, good singing (hello fucking Autotune), great songwriting (both the music and the lyrics), production, even album art and such.

My idea of heaven is being reborn as a 16 year old in 1968 and to live for ten years before being reborn again to repeat the experience. What a fucking time to have been alive. Say what you will about Boomers, they had the best fucking music growing up.

Just one example of thousands of songs from the 70s to chose from:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
God that song is crazy good. I remember how it blew my mind the first time I heard it. I rushed out and bought the album right away, and was then blown away again by the story it tells basically from start to finish. I have for decades now jokingly said that Rock attained perfection in 1976 (the year this was released) and the older I get and the more I hear of modern music, I start to wonder just how much of a joke it is and how much is reality. When you go through top 10 or top 100 billboards of the 70s you see just how much good stuff is there, ranging from the entire scale of expertly played instruments, good singing (hello fucking Autotune), great songwriting (both the music and the lyrics), production, even album art and such.

My idea of heaven is being reborn as a 16 year old in 1968 and to live for ten years before being reborn again to repeat the experience. What a fucking time to have been alive. Say what you will about Boomers, they had the best fucking music growing up.

Just one example of thousands of songs from the 70s to chose from:
the Simpsons made the same claim. it was true then, still true now. such a wide range of high quality well produced music back then. better than the 60s and possibly better than the 80s. that old Rainbow song was 80s metal in a nutshell, but produced in 1976. Slade needs to be mentioned as well.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I have a pet theory that it's because all of these folks who were 20 somethings in the 70s were the last generation to get a real classical education as young people, before the 60s hippies started showing up in schools as teachers and parents and demanding changes. Roger Waters shits all over the school system he had to go to (most notably in The Wall), but that school system is what produced him, gave him his foundation in English, literature, mathematics and all that merged and coalesced into his musical career.