The 3D Art Programs thread

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Not sure if I should post this here, but if you are a 3D modeler and use blender (Or anything that can export to collada / dae file so I can import into Second Life) I will certainly hire you to do work for me.

Here are the rules for the creations there (I presume the blender rules apply to all other 3D modeling).Mesh/Exporting a mesh from Blender - Second Life Wiki

Drop me a PM if you want some monies!

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
BTW, I had cancelled my Maya because I wasn't using it and ye olde bank account was getting low. I needed to do some spline stuff so I tried out Modo for 15 bucks.

Pretty cool interface, and it had built in hair spline stuff, which is what I'm working with in my job right now. The bad part is that it doesn't export them properly so they are kind of useless. They also don't have ascii format fbx export, which I kind of need.

Haven't played with rigging or done much modeling yet.

Apparently there's a newer version which didn't turn up on a steam search. The versioning of it is really confusing. Like my steam software list shows Modo indie, and Modo indie 10.0. I installed 10 but not sure what the difference is.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
I like Collada, but parts of the spec are very vague. All of the art programs seem to implement it a little differently. Since my tools were only really being used by me, I just found an exporter that seemed reasonable and made everything work with that one.