The 80s kid thread

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Does "80's kid" mean you were born in the 80's? Because I was born in the first half of the 70's and everything in this thread feels firmly like a part of my childhood.
Hell yes this applies to you. If you were a kid in the 1980's, whether that's 5 or 15, you are still a child of the 80's.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, exactly. Born in the mid 70s, so the entire 80s were my childhood.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
rrr_img_67353.jpg

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
If you watched this live in a classroom then you are my bro. If you weren't born when this happened I hope you die horribly and you should feel bad.

rrr_img_67316.jpg
Remember watching that. Also remember the next day everyone telling jokes in class they heard from their parents about it. Why does nasa drink coke? Because they couldnt get 7-up........

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
What's amazing is how fast the NASA jokes spread without the aid of the internet. Challenger was our generations Kennedy assassination just one of those events many people will always remember in detail. I still remember the teachers name nearly 30 yrs later. The 80s were the most influential decade in my life so far. I can recall far more life changing memories from the 80s than I do the 90 both good and bad.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Death Blossom bitches.
rrr_img_67372.jpg

My fucking posting skills are apparently from the 80's also.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider

Why can't they just update this shit for the entire Macross series? My god I would pay good money for this.

Sledge

Trakanon Raider
Hell half the movies they come out with these days are copying movies from the 80's and early 90's. Computers and smart phones have killed imagination.

Other than the internet (started by people from the 80's) things are pretty darn boring for younger kids. Toys really stink anymore too.

Sledge

Trakanon Raider

Remember when Peter Gabriel's videos were so bad ass? The introduction of electric instruments really made good recorded music sound great. Youtube doesn't quite cut it, but......

Brad2770

Remember watching this in 5th grade. Was pretty fucked up.
I was in second grade when this happened. The school I went to basically had each grade in a pod type set up; one large domed room with about 6 classes connected around it. Each grade had a couple of pods. All classes in our pod were in the main domed area watching that. When it exploded, the teachers just kind of sat there in bewilderment, then one walked over and said "I think the show is over." And turned it off. Then we started singing songs. I never really knew what happened until I got older.