The 80s kid thread

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I got the best of the 80's and 90's being born in 81, so much feels in both threads.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
rrr_img_67409.jpg

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
My hand lost it's virginity about the same time Porky's showed up on HBO and in my Dad's stack of VHS movies he recorded from TV. I always had about 20 mins home alone after school and I knew the exact mins/secs for every nude scene to fast forward to.

rrr_img_67416.jpg

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Some of the best toys ever....

rrr_img_67402.jpg

terrordrome_box.jpg

ImagePath_axd.jpg
GF just inherited a metric ton of GI Joe stuff from the 80's. Including two of those U.S.S Flagg carriers, in mint condition, and all the parts. Have to go through no less than 2 dozen 48 gallon storage tubs. Also has a bunch of the original Star Wars stuff, I know that has value, but know nadal about GI Joe.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Am I mistaken or has The Neverending Story and Labyrinth been skipped over?

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Loving this thread!!

I feel lucky that I became a teenager in the middle 80's and I've got a great list of films that I got to see in the cinema with my friends as a teenager

Aliens, Rambo, Die Hard, Predator, Hunt for Red October, Terminator, First 3 Raiders movies. Many others not listed - oh I saw all 3 Star Wars originals in a marathon one day showing.

- - - - - - - -

And here's this:
rrr_img_67451.jpg

It came out in 1983. At the time it was like something that had been transported back from the future. I never could get through, knew someone who could though, so if you could you'd get a lot of gameplay for your money too as a full playthrough took several minutes.

- - - - - - -

At home though we used these to load games.
rrr_img_67450.jpg

I've told my nephews (they're used to modern systems obviously) that we had to load games this way. We had one game - pitstop2 that took 17 minutes to load. You'd work out when it was going to suit you to load to game and go grab dinner or something.

The good thing about datasettes was that it made stuff simple to copy, we owned a 2 deck tape machine, sweet. But I knew guys who would sit 2 machines face to face using the shitty little inbuilt microphone ( intended for using the machine for dictation ) and that would be enough to get the job done. When I told the guy I had this better machine at home, he gave me a fully doubtful look as if he didn't think it'd work.

xrg

Golden Squire
The MASK intro is kind of advanced for an 80s cartoon designed to sell toys, with all the 3D effect stuff.