The 90's Thread

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
It's been almost seventeen years since December 31st, 1999. Nearing 09/11/2016, the time has arrived.

From the most saccharine pop to the most obscure underground, y'all know what to do.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Even the shitty songs of the 90's are better than most of the new shit on the radio. Although i am sick of Enter Sandman, that was Metallica's last good album.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
When will we have the Miami Bass resurgence this world needs more then ever?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Even the shitty songs of the 90's are better than most of the new shit on the radio. Although i am sick of Enter Sandman, that was Metallica's last good album.
I can't stand Enter Sandman either.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider

In a decision from 25 years ago that my friend will never let me forget...Helmets album with "Unsung" and Tools first almbum both blew up around the same time in 1993ish. I was 16 and had my license, so I drove us up to Camelot Music and we each had enough money to buy 1 CD(when CDs were in longboxes and clost like $18 a pop). One of us was going to buy Helmet, the other Tool. He let me choose. I chose Helmet because I was certain they were the band that would blow up and be huge and Tool sounded like a 1-hit wonder.

Whoops

And to add to the 90s nostalgia

And the song that is supposedly about Damon Albarn's(Blur, Gorillaz) troubles "getting it up" when he was really drunk(which was supposedly ALL the time back then)

• 1Like

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
I'm not a Tool fan but that song is one of the few that I really, really like.

Classic 90s

Some shitty pop music

• 1Like

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
On a related note, Duvall now actually acts like AIC's frontman and sings lead instead of being Jerry Cantrell's backing vocalist. He's improved a lot in five years. Fun show.

No he's not Layne.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm seeing AiC in a few weeks. I know the new lead singer is pretty legit so I'm looking forward to it. I'm sure they hit the classics pretty hard.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
On a related note, Duvall now actually acts like AIC's frontman and sings lead instead of being Jerry Cantrell's backing vocalist. He's improved a lot in five years. Fun show.

No he's not Layne.

Good to hear. I've felt the two new albums have been a bit lacking because Cantrell is too far forward and signing most of the lyrics. He's a decent signer, but he's pretty vanilla. I saw them live 2-3 years ago, and Duvall was pretty damn good when they were playing the older shit that was more Staley-centric.

Shit, this thread jogged my memory and this song came up:

It seems most of the Youtube versions have been taken down. Pretty damn good cover. And fuck, the video has the T1000, Frodo and Jon Stewart.

Last edited:
  • 1Like