The Acolyte

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I cannot believe you people huffing copium here. Star Wars has fallen so far in quality that people pining for a fucking whiff of nostalgaia will rationalize themselves into watching something that is 99.9% sure to be terrible because it is going to be better than Obi-Wan. I would say that is a low hurdle but that would be giving Obi-Wan too much credit.

Everything Star Wars has been shit since the the opening scene of Phantom Menace.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I cannot believe you people huffing copium here. Star Wars has fallen so far in quality that people pining for a fucking whiff of nostalgaia will rationalize themselves into watching something that is 99.9% sure to be terrible because it is going to be better than Obi-Wan. I would say that is a low hurdle but that would be giving Obi-Wan too much credit.

Everything Star Wars has been shit since the the opening scene of Phantom Menace.

I have the opposite problem, anything with the Star Wars name has to work extra hard to get me even remotely interested.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I have the opposite problem, anything with the Star Wars name has to work extra hard to get me even remotely interested.

Same with me. I used to be a super fan and read almost the entire Expanded Universe. I had opening day tickets to Phantom Menace as a senior in high school and I was fucking pumped for it. I left that theater feeling sick to my stomach. I have hated every Star Wars movie and show outside of the first few episodes of the Mandalorian because they have all failed to live up to the standards of the original trilogy.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Except for large chunks of the first two seasons of The Mandalorian and Andor, you mean.

(Jedi isn't that great either, to be honest.)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

some people refuse to admit their favorite franchise is complete trash now, run by people who hate the IP and most of all, they hate you.
you wont lose your nerd card if you say Star Wars is no bueno these days. its going to stay bad til Kathleen Kennedy exits the company and all her DEI disciples exit with her. is that going to ever happen? probably not, but until a miracle happens, Star Wars is trash.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
For the people actually planning on watching this, why? For real, I'm curious. Besides the first half of the first season of Mando, what gives you the confidence that they will do Star Wars right this time?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
For the people actually planning on watching this, why? For real, I'm curious. Besides the first half of the first season of Mando, what gives you the confidence that they will do Star Wars right this time?

jedi with laser swords go brrrrrr

• 1Like

elidib

Vyemm Raider
e7a.jpg

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Mando even 3 was good. Varying levels for sure season 2 was highpoint. But yes asohka and obi Wan are fuck trash. Bad batch is OK.

Andor is God tier

Juvarisx

Florida

This Andor slander will not stand sir!

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Mando even 3 was good. Varying levels for sure season 2 was highpoint. But yes asohka and obi Wan are fuck trash. Bad batch is OK.

Andor is God tier
See, this feels like cope about new Star Wars. Was Andor actually good, or was it just the best of a bunch of totally worthless trash that they told you was Star Wars? If it was really good Star Wars, then why hasn't it become massively popular? Did they do too much damage with the dumbass trilogy so too many former Star Wars lifers like me refuse to take part now regardless of the relative hype?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Juvarisx

Florida
See, this feels like cope about new Star Wars. Was Andor actually good, or was it just the best of a bunch of totally worthless trash that they told you was Star Wars? If it was really good Star Wars, then why hasn't it become massively popular? Did they do too much damage with the dumbass trilogy so too many former Star Wars lifers like me refuse to take part now regardless of the relative hype?

Nah it was actually good. They created new lore which was on point, had stellar acting performances, filmed in real world locations and had a story which finally showed the Empire as an actual terrifying force instead of a band of useless fucks.

The filthy underbelly of Star Wars has always been a prime target for good stories but it takes risks and a vision to pull em off.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Andor was good for a total of about an episode and a half's time over its run. It was boring as fuck the entire rest of the season. The Imperials were actually the most interesting part of the show. Or did everyone forget three episodes of droid making prison? It wasn't woke and did not shit on the cannon, which I guess is cause for high praise these days. But holy shit was that show like watching paint dry.

Until they somehow manage to purge the wokesters, this entire IP is irrevocably fucked.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I actually enjoyed the opening scenes in Phantom Menace. It went to shit very quickly when the Jedi went down to Naboo.

I was OK with the gungans. I knew the formula he'd used for every film thus far. Gotta have something cute for the kids and he'd been ramping it up every film. They lost me at the fucking pod race.

filmed on location and

Wait, andor was actually filmed on Ferrix, Kenari, Coruscant, etc? Holy fuck how does disney have that kinda budget?

Juvarisx

Florida
I was OK with the gungans. I knew the formula he'd used for every film thus far. Gotta have something cute for the kids and he'd been ramping it up every film. They lost me at the fucking pod race.

Wait, andor was actually filmed on Ferrix, Kenari, Coruscant, etc? Holy fuck how does disney have that kinda budget?

Yea I wrote it in a rush, I meant filmed in real world locations and sets instead of that Volume shit

• 1Worf