The Al`kabor Project (EQMac) - PoP 1/5

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
What is your guys' races? I would be down since the computer upstairs is Mac. I can make anything. Need warrior? Necro? Magician? Wizard? Etc?

lindz

#DDs
Jyson - Enchanter
Adoria - Cleric
Hadan - Druid

I wish this EQW client wasn't such a piece of shit. If you can get WinEQ2 working for P99 client, I am sure it can be done here. The stuck cursor, window resizing / movement, etc are all a pain in the dick to deal with.
Yeah stuck cursor is really a pain trying to box. I would love to be able to click windows on my task bar. Seriously considering only boxing 2 because of it over 3. :\

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
This. Hopefully Secrets has some free time coming up to address some of these issues.
I'm writing an EQW replacement. I haven't had time because of work to finish it. I had the original author of "EQWindow" (before justsomedude took it over) put a copy of his prototype on Github.
I'll be honest I had to do a lot of reading on DX7/DX8/dinput even then; it's a bit confusing to work with.

As for the random zone crashes, I'm helping the team investigate them as they come up.

Random client LDs, well, I've spent long time on that and I've curbed it a lot since the initial implementation but it sometimes will happen. Still investigating that.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Started a wiz/dru/brd trio today and had great stability the whole time. The program that Surron posted on the TAKP forums is a godsend for switching windows.

Uzi_sl

shitlord
glitchy, but fun as hell. im a sucker for fresh starts and with 80+ people (toons) its nice atm.

hope the barrier for entry can get lowered with secrets and others help because getting it running smooth is really the only thing stopping it from being huge.

Hathe

Silver Knight of the Realm
Started a wiz/dru/brd trio today and had great stability the whole time. The program that Surron posted on the TAKP forums is a godsend for switching windows.
Link? The window switching in eqw is keeping my friend from playing.

Word

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Going to take a few day break from it and hope some issues get fixed. My spell gems periodically get stuck after casting, which locks up my client. Can't sit, cast, camp, click, etc. which usually ends up with me dieing.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have found alt tabbing away and then back to the client resolves it most of the time.

Definitely some serious bugs with this client. I have had far too many deaths that were purely due to shitty client issues like you mentioned or the numerous disconnects. I think they are far too frequent to consider this a Beta state of game. I feel this is something that should have been resolved before this Open beta period. It is going to leave a sour taste in many people's mouths and I am just barely tolerating the playability myself.

radditsu

Literally all emu servers stop at like GOD..which is like stopping at POP because GOD was worthless.

Hathe

I just hit alt a couple times when I alt tab between clients. Works for me.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Link? The window switching in eqw is keeping my friend from playing.
The source code and instructions for use are on the TAKP forums, but here is a link to the .exe I compiled myself:EQW Switcher

Instructions for use:

How To Use:

1. Load up all eqw.exe windows to account login screen
2. Run program
3. Enter in number of eqw.exe windows
4. Hit numpad 0 login into w/e your main box is
5. Hit numpad 1 login into w/e second account
6. Hit numpad 4 login into w/e third account
7. You don't need to run this program at the account login screen but if you do then it ensures that numpad 0 (or w/e key) is always the same character
No more fucking around with alt tab, 0/1/4 will auto switch to the same windows each time.

pointyboot

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Literally all emu servers stop at like GOD..which is like stopping at POP because GOD was worthless.
Yea, no shit. The point is that P99 has put a set of conditions in place that encourage a community and their number reflect that. People who think they have the numbers they do because of classic plus kunark for years are shitting themselves.

radditsu

Yea, no shit. The point is that P99 has put a set of conditions in place that encourage a community and their number reflect that. People who think they have the numbers they do because of classic plus kunark for years are shitting themselves.
The reason is that it is the only one ran semi professionally. The rest die because the owners give favorites and gear to their buddies. Or they are dead and testbeds for mq2ers.