The Amazing Race

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: The Amazing Race

Genre: Reality

First aired: 2001-09-05

Creator: Bertram van Munster, Elise Doganieri

Cast: Phil Keoghan

Overview: This reality competition sees teams embark on a trek around the world to amazing destinations where they must compete in a series of challenges, some mental and some physical. Only when the tasks are completed will they learn of their next location. Teams who are the farthest behind will gradually be eliminated as the contest progresses, with the first team to arrive at the final destination winning the race and the $1 million prize.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
S29

Rumors are this is the last season (since s30 hasn't even filmed yet)

this is the cast so far
108375_0807.jpg

Everyone is random, partners were decided by school yard pick first 10 to finish go to choose their partners, based on nothing but looks and initial impression really.

I don't really follow this series, i catch a few seasons, it's not like survivor for me, the reason i decided to catch this season was cuz the asian boards were lighting up with this contestant
jennlee8.jpg

Then my wife and I really focus'd on another team

for those up to eps 5
Vanck and Ashton...
It's been said that this is probably a power team, strictly b/c of the format of the show. Usually you go on the show with a friend, and what kinds of friends would a super lanky nerdy asian kid have? yea another nerdy asian boy.

But since he was able to choose a partner he chose the pretty blond, now don't get me wrong, just on looks, Jenn would be my pick of the litter, but i think this asian boy is smart.

There are places a good looking blond white girl can get access to, that a pretty asian girl would never even touch.

Am i interested in the other teams? not really, once Vanck and Ashton go, i'll drop the series, google to see who won, if they make it really far, then i'll just keep on watching.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]View attachment 134999[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]The Amazing Race[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Reality[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2001-09-05[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]This reality competition sees teams embark on a trek around the world to amazing destinations where they must compete in a series of challenges, some mental and some physical. Only when the tasks are completed will they learn of their next location. Teams who are the farthest behind will gradually be eliminated as the contest progresses, with the first team to arrive at the final destination winning the race and the $1 million prize.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

Brand

Molten Core Raider
This is the best season in a long time. The show shills for youtubers way too much. Celebrity, or D-listers ruined a lot of seasons.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
This is the best season in a long time. The show shills for youtubers way too much. Celebrity, or D-listers ruined a lot of seasons.

This. I was a HUGE fan of this show for the first few seasons, but it drove me off when it started getting super gimmicky with the contestants. I remember when that Survivor couple came on (Rob and Amber?) and that was the start of that shit. That was years ago, so I have no idea if they ever consistently went back to having normal people.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
This. I was a HUGE fan of this show for the first few seasons, but it drove me off when it started getting super gimmicky with the contestants. I remember when that Survivor couple came on (Rob and Amber?) and that was the start of that shit. That was years ago, so I have no idea if they ever consistently went back to having normal people.
lol last season was ALL youtubers lol, and on the zzz-list of social media retarded vine retards, lol.

spronk

FPS noob
wife and i used to watch a lot early on and enjoyed it but the travel aspects got kinda pushed behind the competitive stuff, and eventually its like masterchef or other competition shows: its all the same things happening over and over, just different people. haven't watched in years now. if this is indeed the final season, I'd probably go back and rewatch a few episodes.

Always loved Phil, I remember one episode he visited his dad's farm in New Zealand and that was pretty awesome

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Binged seasons 5-11 A few months back and had a lot of fun, but I wished they had more fucked up challenges. How much it varies season to season was really bland, as I recall one chick spent like 12 straight hours unrolling hay bails only to lose where in other seasons the finale was basically a jigsaw puzzle.

That said, a+ on seeing a religious "model" team say F THAT to shaving their heads for a fast forward. That shit was hilarious

spronk

FPS noob
season 33 started this week i think, 3 episodes dropped anyways. Might watch this weekend, apparently they started filming 18 months ago, had a few episodes done, and then took a year break cuz of covid and came back with the same cast

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
season 33 started this week i think, 3 episodes dropped anyways. Might watch this weekend, apparently they started filming 18 months ago, had a few episodes done, and then took a year break cuz of covid and came back with the same cast

It was funny at the end of the third episode when they told the cast they were halting the race and Phil had to give his, "We're all just 100% worried about your safety" speech. No one cares about their safety. Just come out and say there's no feasible way to continue the race with everything shut down. The continued filming in September 2021 and instead of picking back up in Glasgow where last week's episode ended they were leaving from Switzerland. Apparently there's going to be other changes. Hopefully it doesn't hurt the overall show. Teams are pretty blah though. Tired of the YouTube sensations. Need to go back to the times of Bopper and Mark!

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
s34 is actually good, last eps is tomorrow

they dropped all the gay shit, back to basics

even the teams weren't super cringe, even tho all shows need to be 50% poc now

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
We’ve enjoyed this season. Still don’t like all the changes 100% but they are working on getting it back to pre-COVID. The stagger start and no flight shenanigans sucks but it makes sense. Some of the original episodes spent half the show just showing them struggle with travel. But cutting it out entirely is a little much. But more time for challenges and watching people fail to drive stick shifts.

Hopefully next season they are able to get back to traveling the whole world with more variation. It still feels limited in what they’re able to pull off challenge wise.

Honestly wouldn't mind the Big Brother couple winning. Never watched Big Brother so no idea who they are but they’ve dominated most of the challenges.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Think I've seen every single season up to whatevers currently on hulu and love it all. Seeing the different places and scenery is great.

That said, I wish they'd make one simple change in that the first team to come across a u-turn is forced to use it. Ramp up the drama in hilarious fashion and no more BS 'lets u-turn someone ahead of us so they can't use it after we leave'

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
I have a feeling the chartered all-together air travel between legs will be a permanent thing going forward. They were probably already doing that with their production teams anyway. While I agree, seeing teams overcome travel hiccups was a good part of the game I also didn't like early seasons when they wouldn't even wait for losers to get to the check in because they were more than a day behind and Phil had to move on.

Always felt bad for the teams that crushed a leg, finished at noon, then started at midnight and had to wait until 7 to book travel and everyone caught up.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I have a feeling the chartered all-together air travel between legs will be a permanent thing going forward. They were probably already doing that with their production teams anyway. While I agree, seeing teams overcome travel hiccups was a good part of the game I also didn't like early seasons when they wouldn't even wait for losers to get to the check in because they were more than a day behind and Phil had to move on.

Always felt bad for the teams that crushed a leg, finished at noon, then started at midnight and had to wait until 7 to book travel and everyone caught up.
Yeah but it sure was funny seeing people get eliminated at the airport!

The pre purchased tickets took out a lot of the drama. Taking a risk on a close connection or just being dumb. And, you know, every new leg showing 3am travel agent stops. Some of those were pretty funny too though. But it ate up so much TV time showing it all.

Then the pre purchased tickets still have the issue of flight delays and screwing entire teams. Yeah I think you’re right for sure. The whole team charter things at least let’s them focus, hopefully, on the challenges.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
kinda knew how it was gonna end suprised at second place

kinda cool it finished in nashville, i was screaming out what direction they should be heading like claire "north"!

TV show information provided by The Movie Database