<Medals Crew>
get

• 10Like
  • 7Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 17 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
I grew up near an air force base. We lived miles from but directly in front of the flight line. When planes landed they approached low enough I would wave to and get waves back from pilots and you could see the rivets on the planes. Anyhow I'm watching TV one day and something took off that didn't belong at the base (you get very used to the sounds of planes that close) and I went out to see WTF. It was one of these (B1) in full afterburner way way way up in the sky. I shouted to my brother to come see what just took off and about that time , the jet wash aligned with us and it felt like god grabbed the house and shook it. It knocked pictures off the walls and knocked over anything that was just leaning. Those are incredibly powerful, and beautiful aircraft.

This has been an old fart moment (tm).

• 5Like
  • 2Harrow
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 7 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I grew up near an air force base. We lived miles from but directly in front of the flight line. When planes landed they approached low enough I would wave to and get waves back from pilots and you could see the rivets on the planes. Anyhow I'm watching TV one day and something took off that didn't belong at the base (you get very used to the sounds of planes that close) and I went out to see WTF. It was one of these (B1) in full afterburner way way way up in the sky. I shouted to my brother to come see what just took off and about that time , the jet wash aligned with us and it felt like god grabbed the house and shook it. It knocked pictures off the walls and knocked over anything that was just leaning. Those are incredibly powerful, and beautiful aircraft.

This has been an old fart moment (tm).
I was stationed at Ellsworth, with the B1s. Winter mornings were loud.

Screenshot_20230805-063008.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user