ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
cinemagraphs-36.gif

cinemagraphs-01.gif

cinemagraphs-16.gif

cinemagraphs-18.gif

Tetrian

Golden Knight of the Realm
is this real? I have no experience in the matter, only that it looks pretty real except for the eyes popping out all white. Can anyone comment? I guess the eyes would pop cause of the pressure, but I have no clue what's real and what's not anymore. Pretty sure I wouldn't be shocked either way.
Looks real to me. Basicly a gunshot damages in two ways. The actual tearing caused by the round, and a temporary cavity resulting from the pressure wave / kinetic energy transfer from the impact - you've seen the slow motion "girls ass gets slapped gifs" imagine it quite a bit more energy added. If that temporary energy goes beyond the flexibility offered in whatever material its applied to - you get more tearing, or busting. In this case the skull of that poor deer.

Heres an example video showing it on ballistic gel (SLOW MOTION 45ACP Federal 230gr Hydra-Shok impacting ballistic gelatin - YouTube) - if you want to see more examples - just google "temporary cavity" , or youtube "ballistic gel slow motion" - look for rifle calibers for a true example of the destructive power applied.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Looks real to me. Basicly a gunshot damages in two ways. The actual tearing caused by the round, and a temporary cavity resulting from the pressure wave / kinetic energy transfer from the impact - you've seen the slow motion "girls ass gets slapped gifs" imagine it quite a bit more energy added. If that temporary energy goes beyond the flexibility offered in whatever material its applied to - you get more tearing, or busting. In this case the skull of that poor deer.

Heres an example video showing it on ballistic gel (SLOW MOTION 45ACP Federal 230gr Hydra-Shok impacting ballistic gelatin - YouTube) - if you want to see more examples - just google "temporary cavity" , or youtube "ballistic gel slow motion" - look for rifle calibers for a true example of the destructive power applied.
Not getting happy thoughts thinking about that murder trial in South Africa now after the deer gif.