The Art of Self-Defense (2019)

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Votes
Title: The Art of Self-Defense (2019)

Genre: Comedy

Director: Riley Stearns

Cast: Jesse Eisenberg, Alessandro Nivola, Imogen Poots, Steve Terada, Phillip Andre Botello, Jason Burkey, David Zellner, Leland Orser, Caroline Amiguet, Apollo Bacala, Hauke Bahr, Dallas Edwards

Release: 2019-07-12

Runtime: 104

Plot: Casey is attacked at random on the street and enlists in a local dojo led by a charismatic and mysterious Sensei in an effort to learn how to defend himself. What he uncovers is a sinister world of fraternity, violence and hypermasculinity and a woman fighting for her place in it.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Saw this yesterday and enjoyed it. I don't know what to compare it to exactly, I just want to describe it as "Quirky independent movie" even though that's probably not accurate, its just where my brain keeps going.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I fucking hate comedies as a whole but this looks interesting. This and that Bill Murray zombie movie may be my comedic intake for 2019.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yea... people say a lot of weird shit on this forum but that might take the cake.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I fucking hate comedies as a whole but this looks interesting. This and that Bill Murray zombie movie may be my comedic intake for 2019.
The dead dont die was pretty solid. This also looks pretty interesting.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
sounds like you have a crush on Jesse Eisenberg

I think this role was literally made for him. Otherwise I hate his face.

And what is wrong with not liking comedies? I did earlier in my life but I can't stomach them anymore. I prefer my entertainment impactful, and if not at the very least scary/gory/exciting. I find most comedies more awkward and uncomfortable than funny. Perhaps I am fucked, but there you have it. Grumpy old man confirmed. Get off my fucking lawn.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database