The Authoritative Final Fantasy & Bravely Default thread

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
1713496657218.png

Anyone know what this is? It's from "FF4: The Complete Collection" on PSP. I played that whole game over a decade ago and don't remember it having any kind of battle with the Giant of Babil like this. Don't remember it really having anything that wasn't in the original game either, unless it had a whole postgame that I completely missed. I'd think maybe they added a fight right before you fly inside the Giant late in the game, except the party is all wrong for that part of the game (and doesn't really make any sense for any part except, like, the Baigan/Cainazzo fights).

1713496874911.png

Also wondering what this is. Golbez and Ceodore are in the group so this must be After Years? Don't remember anything like this either. This could be some rare mob or something, but Giant of Babil up top definitely looks like some kind of postgame boss fight.

On the miniscule chance that anyone else actually played this version of FF4, lemme know if there's a whole big part of it that I missed or something.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
I was part of that discussion in the FF thread. I am playing back through all from 1 to current. I really enjoyed most so far and I’m now I am on 8 and really struggling to keep playing. The entire thing is just dumb to me, graphics style, plot, mechanics, etc. it’s just poor design that leveling early can make things so much tougher than you are since leveling does nothing for you….only the enemy.

I will keep roughing it out in chunks but I cannot wait for it to be over so I can move on to 9. For the record, I never played anything past 7 previously other than the two MMOs(11/14). So I was kind of excited about the newer ones.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I was part of that discussion in the FF thread. I am playing back through all from 1 to current. I really enjoyed most so far and I’m now I am on 8 and really struggling to keep playing. The entire thing is just dumb to me, graphics style, plot, mechanics, etc. it’s just poor design that leveling early can make things so much tougher than you are since leveling does nothing for you….only the enemy.

I will keep roughing it out in chunks but I cannot wait for it to be over so I can move on to 9. For the record, I never played anything past 7 previously other than the two MMOs(11/14). So I was kind of excited about the newer ones.
10 is the best one imo, so look forward to that.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

In retrospect the FF8 leveling system was kind of hilarious to me, because in school I knew a bunch of kids who powerleveled in FF7 (getting to like level 99 before the final fight, getting all of the materia maxed out outside Junon, etc). They'd just trivialize the game with their grinding, then brag about dropping the Zolom with Fire 3 or whatever. Then FF8 comes along and all of those same kids probably got roflstomped.

• 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
View attachment 525355
Anyone know what this is?

They are both from the same fight , talk to challeningway for more infomation but it is the "Ultimate" boss kind of like Yiazmat from 12, as the Giant of Babil is a massive staged fight it's 500k gil a pop + you need to steal the piece of Dark Matter from Zeromus, for access to the fight.

PS there is actually 2 different version's because of the PSP After Years and the 3DS remake.

Fadaar

That guy
In retrospect the FF8 leveling system was kind of hilarious to me, because in school I knew a bunch of kids who powerleveled in FF7 (getting to like level 99 before the final fight, getting all of the materia maxed out outside Junon, etc). They'd just trivialize the game with their grinding, then brag about dropping the Zolom with Fire 3 or whatever. Then FF8 comes along and all of those same kids probably got roflstomped.

It's fun to grind out Diablos for ENC-NONE and break the living shit out of the game

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
They are both from the same fight , talk to challeningway for more infomation but it is the "Ultimate" boss kind of like Yiazmat from 12, as the Giant of Babil is a massive staged fight it's 500k gil a pop + you need to steal the piece of Dark Matter from Zeromus, for access to the fight.

PS there is actually 2 different version's because of the PSP After Years and the 3DS remake.

Yeah I finished the FF4 3D and After Years 3D versions on phone last year, beat Proto-Babil in 4 and beat the 3 Lunar eidolons in AY.

Only played the PSP versions once years ago and don't remember either of them having any particular superbosses. Far as I know PSP AY has the same stuff as Wii AY (correct me if it added anything), and I'm not surprised PSP 4 has new superbosses that the other 4's don't. Even FF4 Advance didn't have anything like that for a superboss, just Zeromus EG and Braichorados.

Now I'll need to look into this and eventually beat FF4 PSP again. Thought I'd downed all the superbosses in the series (well, 1 through 13-3) so this is a surprise.

• 1Pathetic