The Authoritative Final Fantasy & Bravely Default thread

Siliconemelons

Looks good, but only announced for arcade so far :/
They should get hit in the junk for invoking the FF1 feels so the max there yo!

I enjoyed the first PSP game, the 2nd I didn't play much - I think its funny they had to kinda side step the whole Garland is Chaos in FF1 thing, because well... Chaos is the eternal baddie in the uber realm that connects all worlds of FF

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I'm tired of all the jap crap RPGs anyways. Fucking terrible voice acting, bitch ass male characters, and emo as shit story lines.

Usually the gameplay is alright (except the recent trend of turning every one into an action rpg which are pretty much terrible), but not enough so that I can overlook my ears bleeding whenever a female talks

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
SO2 imo was one of the best RPGs ever, 3 was ok and 4 was doomed by Lymle..i mean FUCKIN DOOMED.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
4 was good, if you remove Lymle! I beat them all and to me they are a good break from standard RPGs. I like the series much like i like Tales. Its sad that the developer may be going to mobile games, it just means i will never play another one of their games again.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I absolutely loved 4 to the point I farmed a plat trophy. Lymle was real shitty I agree. Went from 10/10 to 9/10 because of her

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
my wife couldn't finish one of the star oceans cuz you had to hold down a button? or some weird controller contorsionist shit, i'm pretty sure it was 4, amiright?

joz123

Potato del Grande
Mystic Quest HD Remaster

rrr_img_91203.jpg

Game is gonna be 8 bucks for PC and Android.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Mystic Quest gets a bad rap from a lot of fans, but as a standalone quick little fun game I really enjoyed it. I rented it over the weekend and was able to beat it as a kid. It's not a traditional FF game, but for a quick fun game it's really nice I thought.

Siliconemelons

MQ was eh, FF Legend 2 was actually quite good- the monster robot mutation thing was cool, decently balanced system throughout and a nice little plot to move the Gameboy game along.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
MQ might have had it's issues but I still jam out to the sound track awww yeah *rose tinted glasses*

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
MQ was eh, FF Legend 2 was actually quite good- the monster robot mutation thing was cool, decently balanced system throughout and a nice little plot to move the Gameboy game along.
FF Legend 3 was really quite good as well, and reasonably deep. It also had a hidden ending and when it came out in the early 90s that wasn't really a thing. It also had a lot of time travel stuff that was expanded on in Crono Trigger to an extent. That early FF style of gameplay really lent itself well to handhelds well, in my opinion.

Yeah, Mystic quest I bust out every year or two and just plow through it in a few hours. Nostalgia and it honestly had a really good soundtrack.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, you can get summons (even on the Snes version) for a few different mobs. I've seen Imp and Bomb, personally. It's super rare but does happen. Granted, they suck balls compared to the real summons, but it is an interesting dynamic that never really gets touched on.